1.    #1  
    Rumor has been there isn't one....please dont let this be true Palm. This is on EVERY PHONE....and it is something I use every day....and NO I do not want any third party thing....

Anybody kow for sure if it has an alarm?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Why does it matter if it's a 3rd party app? There will probably be 2 or 3 free alarm apps at launch. Also, you can set alarms in the calendar.
    The beauty of 3rd party apps is that they compete with each other. You'll win..
    if there are a few 3rd party apps available for the alarm, im pretty sure there will be one that will really work best for you... opposed what you are tied down to use
    I believe one of the members here was working on one, I think it was seanblader. Come to think of it, I haven't seen much from him lately. Hmmm...maybe he got selected to be an early developer. That would be cool if true. He seemed to have thought through an alarm clock app for webOS pretty well, and had one running in html5, ready to make modifications for webOS.

Edit: here's the original thread where Seanblader talks about his app: http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...ats-crazy.html
    Last edited by jbg7474; 05/14/2009 at 09:40 AM.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    I can understand the OP frustration. I use my phone as my alarm clock as well, I sure hope that they have something available at launch.
    hmmmm? whats an alarm clock?

you schedule something and set an alarm? or something like mobile clock (formerly bobs alarm), where you schedule something and set an alarm?

i use mobile clock to remind me to go pick up the laundry.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Why wouldnt you just set a reoccurring appointment in you calander?... easier to manage IMO
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Why wouldnt you just set a reoccurring appointment in you calander?... easier to manage IMO
    Cause you don't need to see "Wake Up!" on every single day of the calendar. lol.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Cause you don't need to see "Wake Up!" on every single day of the calendar. lol.
    Why does this matter? When I had my Centro, this was exactly how I used it as an alarm clock. How does this detract from the daily calendar/appointment usage experience?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Why does this matter? When I had my Centro, this was exactly how I used it as an alarm clock. How does this detract from the daily calendar/appointment usage experience?
    Can you set different alerts and how long each alert will go for until you hit snooze or dismiss?
    That's exactly how I use it today on my 800w. Works fine for me. That said I can understand that a 3rd party Alarm clock might have additional functionality

Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    Can you set different alerts and how long each alert will go for until you hit snooze or dismiss?
    Honestly, I don't remember. My Centro got destroyed a few weeks back. But I set it once and forgot about it.
    Yeah I guess so. I see your point. If anything alarms with Tasks and the Calendar should suffice.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Honestly, I don't remember. My Centro got destroyed a few weeks back. But I set it once and forgot about it.
    SO DID MINE! I dropped it down our basement stairs. I am going NUTS without it. I decided not to get a replacement until the Pre comes out, but I am beginning to think I should just go get SOMETHING, then turn it in when the Pre is avaialble (since Sprint has the 30-day trial period).
    If I get G-Alarm for WebOS, I will rest easy.
    I've relied on BigClock 10yrs now (or, whenever it was initially released). I'll use what ever comes with the Pre, but will ditch it if/when BigClock is updated for WebOS. (Hmm, it may work fine in Classic mode.) It's been freeware from day 1, highly functionally and easy to configure and use.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
    and NO I do not want any third party thing....
    I'm interested in the rationale behind your statement. I can't imagine the default alarm clock being better than even the most basic of third-party offerings. It was one of the first apps to get replaced on my Centro.

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley