1.    #1  
    Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum but eagerly awaiting just like you all.

I am a current BB 8330 user and love the phone, but I always have to have the latest and greatest... and I used to be a huge palm fanboy and am eager to return.

Anyways, lets make this long story a short one. I went into my local sprint store, in uniform of course (a cops uniform helps to get information).

I asked about the waiting list as I've read so much on here about them. They did not currently have one but took a look at me and said, but we can start one. He took down my name and number and info and said, "we'll call you when they are available and tell you what, we'll put one aside just for you..."

Also he told me first week in june...

Now I'm super excited. Now my question is this, what is the waiting list do? As I'm sure there will be several people camping out like when the iphone first came out but what happens.

Do they call you a week prior and say you can preorder or what. Who gets precedence: whos in line first or first on the list.

Because i'm first on the list, although they are holding one for me already, I am just curious as to how it works.

Thanks guys,
    Scott
    Quote Originally Posted by scizzy View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum but eagerly awaiting just like you all.

I am a current BB 8330 user and love the phone, but I always have to have the latest and greatest... and I used to be a huge palm fanboy and am eager to return.

Anyways, lets make this long story a short one. I went into my local sprint store, in uniform of course (a cops uniform helps to get information).

I asked about the waiting list as I've read so much on here about them. They did not currently have one but took a look at me and said, but we can start one. He took down my name and number and info and said, "we'll call you when they are available and tell you what, we'll put one aside just for you..."

Also he told me first week in june...

Now I'm super excited. Now my question is this, what is the waiting list do? As I'm sure there will be several people camping out like when the iphone first came out but what happens.

Do they call you a week prior and say you can preorder or what. Who gets precedence: whos in line first or first on the list.

Because i'm first on the list, although they are holding one for me already, I am just curious as to how it works.

Thanks guys,
    Scott
    The waiting list at my kiosk entitles me to one Pre that has been set aside for me. I'm going to assume it would be the same at your store as well. Granted, some stores do don't waiting lists but its definitely a nice touch if you happen to know the people(or go in uniform :P)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    The waiting list at my kiosk entitles me to one Pre that has been set aside for me. I'm going to assume it would be the same at your store as well. Granted, some stores do don't waiting lists but its definitely a nice touch if you happen to know the people(or go in uniform :P)
    Sweet, thats what I was curious about. So basically, if your right about every store, anyone on a list is getting a pre set aside! (inventory permitting of course)
    Sweet, thats what I was curious about. So basically, if your right about every store, anyone on a list is getting a pre set aside! (inventory permitting of course)
    That's how it was at my store, but you might want to clarify. Getting in front of the line shouldn't be that hard though right? Just cite all those people for loitering!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    That's how it was at my store, but you might want to clarify. Getting in front of the line shouldn't be that hard though right? Just cite all those people for loitering!
    unlike what most think, I'm the cool cop who just arrests people for the "good" stuff...

haha... although!!!!
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    The waiting list is probably a clipboard that says "Palm Pre Waiting List" at the top. There are probably one or two at every location. At some point the Pre will go on sale and they will sell to whoever is there with a credit card. Then someone's going to say "Isn't there a waiting list?" and someone else will say "Screw that. I'm selling as many of these, today, as I can."
    I guess I'll be consoled by the fact that they told me they would put one aside for me...

Yay for power...
    The waiting list is probably a clipboard that says "Palm Pre Waiting List" at the top. There are probably one or two at every location. At some point the Pre will go on sale and they will sell to whoever is there with a credit card. Then someone's going to say "Isn't there a waiting list?" and someone else will say "Screw that. I'm selling as many of these, today, as I can."
    Nah. Waiting lists are very typical and they almost always tend to be held to.
    Do you guys really believe that they will honor a waiting list when the pre comes out! It's first come first served!
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayman34 View Post
    Do you guys really believe that they will honor a waiting list when the pre comes out! It's first come first served!
    well, it sure isn't gonna hurt to try!
    Im still on the 'waiting list' for the Touch Pro and still haven't got no call. Im gald they didn't call me to buy that price of crap phone.
    My friend works at Sprint, and he knows how much I want this phone, so yeah...mine's set aside as soon as one comes in. If not... heads will roll!
    I called about this to my local Sprint store and was told that there is no waiting list for the Pre. First come, first served.
  13.    #13  
    well I'm going to call the store to verify that I'm on a waiting list and verify the information. If it comes down to it again, I'm gonna have to go in on my day of work (uniformed of course) and lay down some authority.... must get information for you all.....

Maybe Ill say we've had people selling them on Craigslist and that I'm working the investigation and that I need to know when the release date is for my report... to prove they had them illegally...

Then accidentally pass that info to you guys!
    well I'm going to call the store to verify that I'm on a waiting list and verify the information. If it comes down to it again, I'm gonna have to go in on my day of work (uniformed of course) and lay down some authority.... must get information for you all.....

Maybe Ill say we've had people selling them on Craigslist and that I'm working the investigation and that I need to know when the release date is for my report... to prove they had them illegally...

Then accidentally pass that info to you guys!
    That would be great! Thanks LOL

BTW if you are indeed a police officer, thank you for your service and your sacrifices.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    That would be great! Thanks LOL

BTW if you are indeed a police officer, thank you for your service and your sacrifices.
    I am, I'd attach a photo but have no idea how...

I just got off the phone with them, I am indeed the only one on the list...

Shes like, so ya, chris did put your info down, and you're golded for the pre. It says here right next to your name that we're holding one for you when we get them in stock, so we'll call you when you can come and pick yours up!!!

No other info yet guys..

PS: super excited
    and thanks. Its just another job really...
    Yeah, they always honor the waiting lists just like people on waiting lists always come in to buy the item that has been set aside for them.
    Sprint stores do tend to honor waiting lists. If you don't know it, you don't know Sprint at all, so why comment?