Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    What worries me most is the non-ability to backup onto a SD card of any type, or possibly, even onto my PC. That would be a deal-breaker - having no option but to backup on the "cloud."
    Applications.
    I have been burnt too many times by adopting "the best" at the time and waiting for applications....and waiting....and waiting....then finally giving up.
    Examples:
    -PC/Geos
    -BeOS
    -Royal daVinci (yeah)
    -Creative Zen Vision:m (no accessories)
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    my concerns are battery life, applications and bugs

with a bigger screen, real multi-tasking, wi-fi and a smaller battery, we're going to need multiple batteries and/or chargers

development of POS apps looks just about done. every new and updated app is being written for ICrap/BB. Pre needs a killer app to help drive sales and grow a customer base making it worthwhile to port future apps to WebOs too.

Bugs-I don't even want to think of all the obvious software bugs in my 700/755 experience that could not have been not noticed before the design was released for manufacturing. Then the endless denials and delays until updates were released that sometimes fixed problems and often created new ones. I hope the Pre is bug-free, but knowing that is unrealistic, that updates are quickly released and easy to obtain and install
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-NYC View Post
    What worries me most is the non-ability to backup onto a SD card of any type, or possibly, even onto my PC. That would be a deal-breaker - having no option but to backup on the "cloud."
    Perhaps, but that doesn't worry me too much. My work has an Exchange server so my phone syncs with that. Their server is technically in "the cloud" as it relates to me. My laptop, desktops, and phone are always in sync thanks to this "cloud" service. As long as everything I add to my phone is synced with my Exchange account, I can log into the Exchange account via Outlook or whatever and back up contacts and appointments and tasks.

Ever since I started syncing with Exchange, I don't need to do a desktop sync anymore and it is awesome. My phone is always updated with my latest calendar, contacts, pictures, etc. If I need a desktop backup, I log into Outlook or Gmail or whatever.

The cloud isn't a prison for your data. It's a way to keep all of your devices connected so that if one fails or isn't available, your data is always safe and updated to the most recent version on all devices.
    Well, now that I am forced to think about it........

Me being forced to buy a Pre just to use WebOS and Sprint actually having one available for sale

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123