1.    #1  
    I just finished talking to a Sprint customer service rep, when asked about the Pre this rep informed me that she was getting trained on the Pre tommorow. She then checked with someone in her office about the release date and was told "August or September" but after I told her about the Pre give-away e-mail I got today with the contest ending in May she got curious and asked her supervisor. He told her expect it in June which is what everyone already has assumed, but she did also say that anyone who signed up for the notification e-mail will get an e-mail exactly a week before the Pre is out in stores. Just thought i'd pass this along.
    Last edited by RKO1987; 05/13/2009 at 10:33 PM. Reason: spelling
    not the calls to sprint reps again... i thought we were past that
    Quote Originally Posted by snowboard1219 View Post
    not the calls to sprint reps again... i thought we were past that
    I hope we never "get past that". These are real experiences, not wild speculation by a bunch of nerds that hound a forum. I say bring them on, much better than the "Sprint is going to fold if they don't give my SERO on the phone I want and do it last week and advertise it to the world" whining we keep reading.
    I went to my sprint store today as well, and talked to the front receptionist (mind you), and my initial question I asked was "will there be a waiting list?" Answer obviously was no, but was a lead into the next question "do you have a date?" answer also was obviously no, but was lead into the next REAL question... I asked if they were training on it, and they said yes that they currently were, and I asked if they had there advocate, and they said yes, and she even asked if I wanted to talk to him... (OF COURSE!!!) But when she went to find him, she found out he went to lunch... DAMN!
    I love lolcats
    Quote Originally Posted by zionixi View Post
    I went to my sprint store today as well, and talked to the front receptionist (mind you), and my initial question I asked was "will there be a waiting list?" Answer obviously was no, but was a lead into the next question "do you have a date?" answer also was obviously no, but was lead into the next REAL question... I asked if they were training on it, and they said yes that they currently were, and I asked if they had there advocate, and they said yes, and she even asked if I wanted to talk to him... (OF COURSE!!!) But when she went to find him, she found out he went to lunch... DAMN!
    What a dope. You didn't ask a second time about the date???
    Quote Originally Posted by zionixi View Post
    Sprint store in the mall I work in has a waiting list... I'm number 5!
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    Yea, the Kiosk I buy my sprint stuff at has a waiting list. I'm number ONE WHOOO
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Yea, the Kiosk I buy my sprint stuff at has a waiting list. I'm number ONE WHOOO

well shoot, eff both you guys. I loose.
    I love lolcats
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Sounds good. Except for the part where you have to go to the mall. Yikes.

I'm also trying to think of any time that something useful has been learned from "Just got off the phone with [company]" I know in my company we don't tell people who answer the phone anything.
    Actually I perfer the mall kiosk over the actual Sprint store in the mall. They've always been willing to cut me a deal and they got me about 150 in bill credits to cover my AT&T ETF and a free airave with the calling package fees waived. The corporate store will NEVER cut me a deal, even when they're churn rate is so high like it is now >_>
    How would local stores honor waiting lists if they have a limited stock and the line to get the phone is longer than the list? I would think they would still have a first come first serve policy to uphold. Not sure if that's a Sprint wide policy to have waiting lists or if it just varies per area/store. Going along with Sprint's efforts of improved customer service, I would still think they would sell the phone to the customer handing them the cash at the moment instead of saying "sorry we have these on hold for someone else"
    What if Palm is unveiling another phone in August? This is the second post where someone else has mentioned speaking to a Sprint rep and quoted the date around August...could this be a 2nd phone??? At least it is something cool to think about.
    i just wonder if I should take a day off from work on the day the pre comes out
    hmmm
    A friend and I went to a sprint store yesterday so he could add a phone to his plan for his son, and we both got to talking to the sprint rep that was helping him. He said he gets his Pre next week for internal training, and also said (after telling us he shouldn't be giving this information out) that their store will have tons of stock, that the Pre shipments will be coming in every day and they're not expecting any stock shortages, ever.

I don't know if I believe him, but I sure want to
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I hope we never "get past that". These are real experiences, not wild speculation by a bunch of nerds that hound a forum. I say bring them on, much better than the "Sprint is going to fold if they don't give my SERO on the phone I want and do it last week and advertise it to the world" whining we keep reading.
    They may be "real experiences", but so is picking up food at the drive-thru.

Based on past experience, the CSRs often don't have a good working knowledge of the plans the company even has available, so expecting them to know internal product release dates the company has yet to publicly announce is about as realistic as asking the guy at the drive-thru what McDonald's dividend payout is projected to be that quarter.
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    Based on past experience, the CSRs often don't have a good working knowledge of the plans the company even has available, so expecting them to know internal product release dates the company has yet to publicly announce is about as realistic as asking the guy at the drive-thru what McDonald's dividend payout is projected to be that quarter.
    And Sprint is not releasing information. So, in the mean-time, that means we can
    1. Read speculation about dates and from users on here that (for the most part) have even less information
    2. Read complaints about pricing, advertising, plans, etc
    3. Read experiences people have with Sprint employees, some of which may even be accurate
    4. Just do nothing on this forum

I'll take #3. At a minimum, it should be "allowed" in the list without complaining to the person who is posting.

In my opinion, of course...
    These threads just create more rumors and conjectures regardless of how they are real experiences. There is only so many ways you can skin a cat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    These threads just create more rumors and conjectures regardless of how they are real experiences. There is only so many ways you can skin a cat.

Bad metaphor.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    There is only so many ways you can skin a cat.
    I have never heard that phrase. And honestly, it is disturbing that I pictured a cat being skinned. o_O
    Follow Me On

As opposed to all of the other threads on the forum that clear up all the rumors for us.

Where's that sarcasm smiley??
    I actually was on the phone with someone in account services (aka just slightly above someone regular Customer Service) today, and she mentioned having played with the Pre yesterday, and (of course) that it was better than the iPhone. One thing I was surprised to hear though. "My husband has an iPhone because his job paid for it, and the only thing they have better is all of those little applications right now, we can't do that yet."

And then after telling me how awesome she thought it was, she proceeded to say "of course, I can't tell you WHEN we'll be getting it yet."