1.    #1  
    So check this out:

Palm®Pre™ Giveaway only from Sprint.

So in the legal disclaimer portion they offer up the figure $1,800 for the approximate retail value. (link below)

http://sweepstakes.sprint.com/palmpre/Rules.htm

A years worth of the Simply Everything Plan, a Touchstone, plus the handset:

Simply Everything Plan: $99 x 12 = $1,188 (I imagine they'll round the value to $1,200)

Touchstone Dock: $70

In total that comes to $1,258 so what remains is:

$542

Round up from that and you have $550 round down to the next denomination of $20 and you have $530. This is your still in contract Palm Pre price.

Now, a quick review of Sprint's website and the rebate pricing. This is more theoretical but from glancing over their site and reviewing standard rebates, we have other smartphones in the same class: Treo Pro, Instinct, S30 Instinct, Touch Diamond, Samsung Ace all with $350 worth in rebates and several others with higher rebates but those are EOL (8830, 755p, Centro).

With this in mind I calculate the Pre price to be $179. You can also deduce a price of $199 although I believe Sprint will price slightly below. Could even do $189 but I see that messing up their rebate denominations.

So there you have it, $179 (or $199) for new contract, $550 in contract.
    From Engadget:

Here's the deal: we know that Simply Everything runs $99 a month. After federal taxes, FCC surcharges, and some fudge factor for local taxes, you're looking at, say, $105 to $110 a month. We can say with some confidence now that the Touchstone itself will run $69.99 at retail -- and that leaves the Pre itself. Sprint's rules say that the prize package's approximate retail value is $1,800, so if you subtract $105 for the plan (since Sprint can't be factoring in local taxes here) and $70 for the Touchstone, that basically leaves you with a nice, round $469.99.

You subtract the $350 for rebates and it COULD come out at as low as $119.99.

But we'll see
    I saw that information there also but never thought to try to get to the pre price. Good job. Seems reasonable
    If its as low as $119.99 than I dont want it because everybody and they whole family will have a Palm Pre and I wont feel special at all
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    If its as low as $119.99 than I dont want it because everybody and they whole family will have a Palm Pre and I wont feel special at all
    I don't think most people are buying it because they want to feel "special", but because it's a great phone. It hasn't stopped the iPhone craze yet, so I'm hoping it will hold true here.
    haha, One must admire your tenacity to buy a phone that no one else has... It's so hard to be original and unique in the world of phones... You could go vintage

check it out, nokia does the 1st qwerty keyboard... Know your roots man, know your roots...
    RETROBRICK - the home of vintage and rare mobile phones
    I love lolcats
    OMG YES!!! The Nokia communicator!!!

If the Pre is priced at $119 or even $179 I think it will do GREAT for sales.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Yeah the whole not "special" phone thing would kinda suck, but think of it this way: The more people that have it, the more companies make apps for it, the better it is for you.

At least if everyone had it, everyone would have an awesome phone
    Customize it and make it "yours" I'm sure the same thought could be said about cars, laptops, large HD TVs, etc etc but what makes it special is how YOU set it up, customize it, and use it. Even though a ton of people will have the phone, they most likely wont have your customized funny as hell ring tone or your hilarious background picture of something totally insane. Just keep that in mind and don't let it keep you from enjoying the phone for your own reasons
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    Yeah the whole not "special" phone thing would kinda suck, but think of it this way: The more people that have it, the more companies make apps for it, the better it is for you.

At least if everyone had it, everyone would have an awesome phone
    I know a lot of people who have the Centro (most have no idea about POS apps) and it just gives me an opertunity to beam programs and show them that back in the day POS ruled all (still does in a stale ancient kind of way )
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Yeah, I have been saying the subsidized price would be low for a while. I don't know where people were getting $300 subsidized. it wouldn't sell at all in this market at that price.
    Nothing would make Sprint happier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrion88 View Post
    So check this out:

Palm®Pre™ Giveaway only from Sprint.

So in the legal disclaimer portion they offer up the figure $1,800 for the approximate retail value. (link below)

Template Rules for Basic Sweepstakes

A years worth of the Simply Everything Plan, a Touchstone, plus the handset:

Simply Everything Plan: $99 x 12 = $1,188 (I imagine they'll round the value to $1,200)

Touchstone Dock: $70

In total that comes to $1,258 so what remains is:

$542

Round up from that and you have $550 round down to the next denomination of $20 and you have $530. This is your still in contract Palm Pre price.

Now, a quick review of Sprint's website and the rebate pricing. This is more theoretical but from glancing over their site and reviewing standard rebates, we have other smartphones in the same class: Treo Pro, Instinct, S30 Instinct, Touch Diamond, Samsung Ace all with $350 worth in rebates and several others with higher rebates but those are EOL (8830, 755p, Centro).

With this in mind I calculate the Pre price to be $179. You can also deduce a price of $199 although I believe Sprint will price slightly below. Could even do $189 but I see that messing up their rebate denominations.

So there you have it, $179 (or $199) for new contract, $550 in contract.
    Very nice work sir. Spot on.
    I would like it if everyone was using the same, it would be easier for me to be connected =)
    The cheaper the better, this thing isnt expensive to make and needs to make a big splash in the market.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    I highly doubt it. Soon to be EOL'd phones and non-smart phones were more expensive than $120-179 yesterday even with discounts. I had sticker shock
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zionixi View Post
    haha, One must admire your tenacity to buy a phone that no one else has... It's so hard to be original and unique in the world of phones... You could go vintage

check it out, nokia does the 1st qwerty keyboard... Know your roots man, know your roots...
    RETROBRICK - the home of vintage and rare mobile phones
    bah

first palm cellphone!
    Quote Originally Posted by zionixi View Post
    haha, one must admire your tenacity to buy a phone that no one else has... It's so hard to be original and unique in the world of phones... You could go vintage

retrobrick - the home of vintage and rare mobile phones
    rotflmao
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    The sweepstakes links don't work any longer.