1.    #1  
    I was thinking that it’s been about two years since I first started to follow the new Palm OS\phone story. Around the same time in 2007 I also heard about the relaunch of the Star Trek franchise. Now that Star Trek looks to be a success, its Palm’s turn.

Here are some similarities between them:

Both brought in outside help to head up the effort from other successfully companies (JJ Abrams & Jon Rubinstein)
    Plus these new top level people brought over other people with them (Fringe writers and iPod engineers)
    Both got large financial backing (Paramount & Elevation Partners)
    Some old time fans are not happy with changes (Star Trek change characters and canon, Palm total new OS breaking link to pc)

As a long time fan of both ST and Palm, I look forward to them having bright futures.
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Yes, but, Star Trek didn't try to relaunch its franchise on the same weekend as a new Star Wars movie.
    Lets hope its not the same weekend, hope its sooner than the June 7 date. Plus I think the new Trek movie is better than any of the last 3 Star Wars movies.
    i think you mean palm is about to pull a Nintendo and become relevant in their industry again.
    i think you mean palm is about to pull a Nintendo and become relevant in their industry again.
    Oooooooo I hope you're right!!!!!!
    I love lolcats
    To both, live long and prosper.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    To both, live long and prosper.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself
    My customary farewell would seem oddly self-serving, so... good luck.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by kangolslimm View Post
    THAT was awesome!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    And Star Trek featured/partnered with Nokia.
    It would have been cool to see a Palm product alive and kicking in star date 2310.48.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Yes, but, Star Trek didn't try to relaunch its franchise on the same weekend as a new Star Wars movie. That would have been a total bust.
    Um, I don't think that plays out very well. If both movies were released the same weekend - most fans I know would go to both. I am not buying two phones.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    My customary farewell would seem oddly self-serving, so... good luck.
    LOL - I dont think a lot of people truly understood that statement, it was awesome!
  11.    #11  
    That was a good line from the movie.
    One of many good lines.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    The borg failed to assimilate all phones because they were using Windows Mobile. They would have been more successful if they used webOS

k that's my random trek comment of the day