1.    #1  
    Last edited by gibsonhtp; 05/13/2009 at 06:13 PM.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    7 GB of user storage? We need a 16 GB version.
    Let me go ahead and be the first (edit: second) to unleash the outrage...

Ahem.

SEVEN
    GB?!?!?!?! This is such a massive Sprint/Palm fail against the 32GB iPhone that will be released 7 seconds after this!!!!

PAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

RELEASETHEPRE!!! PAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLMMMM!!!!!
    per BB Rep - June 7.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    This may have been covered already, but at least this confirms push IMAP instead of the crap that WinMo offers.

About WWDC, even some of the top analysts have no idea what is going to be announced by Apple and a lot are doubting that new hardware is on the way. iPhone OS 3.0 is coming and it is an evolutionary; not revolutionary improvement to add features that the Pre is going to have from day 1. I think Palm is poised to work their way into businesses with their Exchange support. And also, they have not even started the media blitz yet that everyone knows is coming, so this should be an exciting few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettQ View Post
    This may have been covered already, but at least this confirms push IMAP instead of the crap that WinMo offers.

About WWDC, even some of the top analysts have no idea what is going to be announced by Apple and a lot are doubting that new hardware is on the way. iPhone OS 3.0 is coming and it is an evolutionary; not revolutionary improvement to add features that the Pre is going to have from day 1. I think Palm is poised to work their way into businesses with their Exchange support. And also, they have not even started the media blitz yet that everyone knows is coming, so this should be an exciting few weeks.
    not sure it confirms anything special. i think there should be some commas in the ad. ie -

MSFT EAS, IMAP, POP3 (Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.)
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Could be, but I like to look at the fact that the services that come after IMAP all support push IMAP on other platforms, so they should be able to do it on webOS. But I've also been looking on the bright side of tech lately.
    Could be, but I like to look at the fact that the services that come after IMAP all support push IMAP on other platforms, so they should be able to do it on webOS. But I've also been looking on the bright side of tech lately.
    i didn't know IMAP offered true push. isn't that the klunky bastardized version of push via SMS? is not EAS more elegant?
    Best Buy sucks.

Second time.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    7 GB of user storage? We need a 16 GB version.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Let me go ahead and be the first (edit: second) to unleash the outrage...

Ahem.

SEVEN
    GB?!?!?!?! This is such a massive Sprint/Palm fail against the 32GB iPhone that will be released 7 seconds after this!!!!

PAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

RELEASETHEPRE!!! PAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLMMMM!!!!!
    Haven't we known all along that the Pre would only have 7GB of storage???
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    The iPhone can do push IMAP with Yahoo. The G1 & S60 devices with Nokia Messaging can do push IMAP with Gmail. And yes, I believe it is true push because I would get the mail on my E71 before it refreshed on the web.

Is EAS better? Probably. Is EAS free? Never found a free service I liked.
    IMHO, it is hard to beat Exchange and the integration of Exchange with Activesync in WM. I could care less about IMAP.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Oops...I did not mean that Exchange/EAS was crap. I meant that the Windows Mobile out-of-box IMAP is crap. I do not think you can beat EAS for on-device email at all unless you have a way to get GMail threaded emails on the go.

I would like to have push IMAP in addition to the EAS support. S60 devices have both, but they have a terrible default email client.