Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    So I am thinking about the day at the Sprint store when I go pick up my Pre. Im thinking about something that happens every time I buy a new phone at the store.

I HAAATE it when they open it up and take the film etc, off it.

Part of it is opening up your own box for the first time and YOU taking the film off when you want to.

I know this is a little anal but there has to be others that feel this same way
    Nope !
    Nope, I have the same thoughts. I don't want any of the unworthy people at Sprint to touch my new Pre
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    LMAO I think the same as well. That happened with me when I was with T-Mobile.
    Nokia American Idol Phone< Motorola RAZR<Nokia Flip Phone<Sidekick Slide<Palm Centro<HTC Snap

Currently Enjoying: Palm Pixi
    Yeah!
    They should ask you first.
    'Sir, would you like me to do the unboxing for you so we can activate it? or would you like to do the unboxing yourself?'

Just call me Berd.
    omg i always think that...i wanna scream NNNOOOOOO don't touch it or alter it in any way...I also feel like they kinda put it down on the counter rough too...geesh it's expensive...be careful!
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Don't they have to activate it first with Palm before you can use it?
    ROFL. You guys have issues :P
    You just want to buy the phone and have them activate it and go home and open it all up yourself. I dont want hand prints all over my new phone! Or try to give me a tour i'll figure it out myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    .I also feel like they kinda put it down on the counter rough too...geesh it's expensive...be careful!
    ^I was just going to post that
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    ^I was just going to post that
    haha it's really true though! and im very OCD so it really doesn't help with this situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    haha it's really true though! and im very OCD so it really doesn't help with this situation.
    I clinch my teeth the whole time they've got the thing, and my insides jump every time they the slam the thing down.
    Soon as they get done, and hand it to me, I look the thing over for the slightest scratch.
    Just call me Berd.
    Omg.....I agree!!

All of the info they need is on the box........Sprint.......DON'T TOUCH!!
  14. joelpalm
    Telesales FTW
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Yeah!
    They should ask you first.
    'Sir, would you like me to do the unboxing for you so we can activate it? or would you like to do the unboxing yourself?'

Apple employees did this at both iPhone launches.
    As Delmar said - "I'm with you fellers!"

And, if you don't know who Delmar is, I'm certainly not going to tell you (and you should be ashamed and never again claim to be a geek).
    I will be unboxing the Pre myself. I may play dumb in the Sprint store when attempting (unsuccessfully) to mine information, but by golly, when I buy that thing, they will feel my wrath if they dare remove the box sleeve before handing it to me!
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Good, I'm not the only one. Perhaps this is a good reason to order online or over the phone.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Back when I bought my Voyager, I ordered it online because I could not stand anyone to touch it before me. This will be my first upgrade with Sprint and if I remember correctly I can upgrade for free online so there is no reason to touch it. Don't show me anything! All I need to know I can find on Precentral.net. In fact, let me get my own box from the cage.
    Yea it bothers me too! I remember when I bought my iPhone and they put their grubby hands on it and IT REALLY BOTHERED ME. Scrubbed that thing down when I got home >_>
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast