Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I can't wait to get the Pre and agree that I don't want anyone touching it before me.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    And not even a smilie face, so I guess you're serious. Maybe the Pre is not the answer to Sprint's woes after all.
    A smiley might indicate sarcasm. No sarcasm here. Some of these people are sick in the head.

And we all know letting this phone be capable with SERO is the answer to all of Sprint's woes.

Furthermore, 95% of this board doesn't have a sense of humor so they they wouldn't find it funny anyway. Funny posts are not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Wow - if I was a Sprint CSR, I would open up your Pre, unwrap everything, lick the screen to make sure the multi-touch is working, stick it down the front of my pants to ensure the Touchstone technology is functional, then randomly (and rapidly) click all the keys while occasionally dealing with that persistent itch in my left nostril. Then I'd stuff everything back into the box, try to cram it shut, then hand it to you and tell you to have a nice day.

Who knew this could be so fun?
    Thanks for the great ideas.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTurboII View Post
    I hate to break it to (all of) you, but the phone isnt yours until you pay for it. And swiping the card is the last thing I do, so I'll thank you not to touch my phone, until you sign the contract and the receipt.
    A smiley might indicate sarcasm. No sarcasm here. Some of these people are sick in the head.
    Technically, Tony's right. However, there are a couple aspects of this worth noting:

1. Most of the posts on this thread are about what is done before purchase by the store employee, and after the purchase by the "new" owner, not by the new owner before the purchase, so the "I'll thank you not to touch my phone, until you sign the contract and the receipt" doesn't really apply.
    2. The "it's ours until you complete the sale" attitude, while technically correct, might not do wonders for the success of a commissioned salesperson, or the retailer in general. Yep, it's not mine until I sign the contract, and the sale (and money) is not yours until I do it either...

And we all know letting this phone be capable with SERO is the answer to all of Sprint's woes.

Furthermore, 95% of this board doesn't have a sense of humor so they they wouldn't find it funny anyway. Funny posts are not allowed.
    Well, yeah. To both.
    (no smiley face added, or really needed...)
    wow...hparsons ... if this was even a slightly sensible thread i might have to produce and alternate argument...
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I'm like this too I hate when I can't unbox what just bought myself!! I feel like what I've bought isn't new when they open it and all. AND IT BUGS ME TO DEATH WHEN THEY PEEL OFF THE SCREENS PLASTIC!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    wow...hparsons ... if this was even a slightly sensible thread i might have to produce and alternate argument...
    Sorry I posted above your level. I'll try in the future to use smaller words. If I think about you.
    Tony...

I make it a practice to ignore rediculous, senseless posts. *turning back & walking to next Sprint rep. (and taking my $50 tip)*

H, thanks.

B-model, they touch my P and I might have to borrow your Bed-Sty, Park Slope (before regentrification), Fort Green & Brooklyn Heights manuals.

De touche de Pre, de get a piece a me!
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post

De touche de Pre, de get a piece a me!
    Oooh oooh, me me!!
    Interesting fact. Not sure that Sprint lets new customers do it but that last couple of phone that I have bought Sprint has let me bill my account the price of the phone. Pretty nice if payday is down the road and a shiny new Pre is staring at you.
    thats what credit cards are for.
    Ahh yes. The villainous credit card. Avoid them like the clap
    Quote Originally Posted by justjill3 View Post
    B-model, they touch my P and I might have to borrow your Bed-Sty, Park Slope (before regentrification), Fort Green & Brooklyn Heights manuals.
    No problem - Just drop me a PM. I'm italian and i have relatives.

Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry I posted above your level. I'll try in the future to use smaller words. If I think about you.
    Thank you - please keep the words at a 6th grade reading level - I think that's what the NY Daily News uses. ;-)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bartman0531 View Post
    Ahh yes. The villainous credit card. Avoid them like the clap
    Do people even still get the clap?
    I'm with you AdidasNYR. I don't want a single fingerprint on my pre-cious PRE.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    That is way too funny!
    According to the 344 page manual on precentral's home page, the Pre "supports hands free activation"! Thank God!!!!
    while i am also of the sentiment that if i wait for hours in line and drop $200+ on a new toy, I want to be in control of where and when the phone is unboxed!

However, the counterpoint is, what if you end up going home and find out that your Pre isn't powering on? What if you get a dead unit? and WHAT IF by the time you drive back to exchange it, they're all sold out?? I can't think of anything worse than going home with a non-working Pre, only to have to wait another week for Sprint's next shipment!
    Wow, we are some sick people. I don't want anyone touching my Pre either.
    I personally find unboxing most things terribly annoying, although I'm sure the Pre will have nice packaging.

Having to tear through multiple layers of plastic. Those bubble packages are the worst!

I'm just fine if they hand me a working phone. It would be nice if they took a microfiber to the screen to get rid of fingerprints before they gave it to me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    I personally find unboxing most things terribly annoying, although I'm sure the Pre will have nice packaging.

Having to tear through multiple layers of plastic. Those bubble packages are the worst!

I'm just fine if they hand me a working phone. It would be nice if they took a microfiber to the screen to get rid of fingerprints before they gave it to me though.
    I'll be taking a cloth with me to the store
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast