Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    how does everyone transfer their contacts? i've always had problems with this...maybe theres an easy way that im missing?
    per Syphon's translation from instructions in box -

How can I transfer data from my computer?

On your computer, check the email address you used to configure your Palm Profile. Click the link in the email message to verify your Palm Profile. The link will take you to a web site where you can transfer your data to your phone from organizers like Palm Desktop & Outlook. You can only do this once. This transfer is the way to move your data from your old Palm smartphone onto your new phone.

welcome to the cloud. you've been assimilated.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Another thing, i always watch unboxing videos online of new phones and stuff . I wanna be the unboxing guy for once.
    hm but im using a blackberry now
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    per Syphon's translation from instructions in box -

How can I transfer data from my computer?

On your computer, check the email address you used to configure your Palm Profile. Click the link in the email message to verify your Palm Profile. The link will take you to a web site where you can transfer your data to your phone from organizers like Palm Desktop & Outlook. You can only do this once. This transfer is the way to move your data from your old Palm smartphone onto your new phone.

welcome to the cloud. you've been assimilated.
    My God! Does Palm have stock in the cloud? Why, oh, why have they abandoned the tried and true Palm Desktop?????????
    Quote Originally Posted by klynngullo View Post
    My God! Does Palm have stock in the cloud? Why, oh, why have they abandoned the tried and true Palm Desktop?????????
    Because while it is tried and true, it's also tired, torn, and tethered.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tntdean View Post
    I want to be the one to do the unwrapping and opening...preferably in private.
    Yes, the lights down low, some nice soft jazz playing, and a glass of wine . . .

No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrera View Post
    how does everyone transfer their contacts? i've always had problems with this...maybe theres an easy way that im missing?
    I just send them all with BT. I hope the Pre will support that...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Yes, the lights down low, some nice soft jazz playing, and a glass of wine . . .

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I just send them all with BT. I hope the Pre will support that...
    for some reason I have always had problems with my blackberry transferring contacts through bluetooth...im probably doing something wrong though.
    Stopped having that issue when I stopped buying phones from carriers. I'm always the first one to open the box to inspect the phone.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    im wit you on that every phone i have purchased, i have been the one to remove the plastic except my wife's Pro... the ***** guy @ BB removed the whole face not just the plastic
    I agree with OP...call me anal if you like...don't mess with it...it's mine.
    Haha.. wow, this is an entertaining thread.
    I just bought a Centro at RadioShack. The guy didn't have a clue how to hard reset it (not sure why he had to do it in the first place, tho)... so I gladly did it for him. And when I was leaving, I looked at the screen.... NO screen protector. I was like, "WTF, man?" He said he needed to take it off to use the stylus. NO he didn't. He also had a 5-way control like every other cell phone in existence.

If I do get a Pre, I will definitely be demanding that they do not touch it. Take off my screen protector before I've purchased a true replacement protector (Boxwave )... and I kill you.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    If I do get a Pre, I will definitely be demanding that they do not touch it. Take off my screen protector before I've purchased a true replacement protector (Boxwave )... and I kill you.
    Lighten up Francis.

Actually, I agree with you, and have done the same with just about every Palm device I've owned - All "virgin" screen, never been touched by a nasty pokey, pointy, um stylus...

I just always automatically say "Lighten up Francis" when someone says "And I'll kill you" (or some similar derivative.)
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    He said he needed to take it off to use the stylus. NO he didn't. He also had a 5-way control like every other cell phone in existence.
    Funny, I didn't know you could do an initial screen alignment with a 5 way control. All this time i've been tapping the screen with the stylus.

I hate to break it to (all of) you, but the phone isnt yours until you pay for it. And swiping the card is the last thing I do, so I'll thank you not to touch my phone, until you sign the contract and the receipt.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTurboII View Post
    Funny, I didn't know you could do an initial screen alignment with a 5 way control. All this time i've been tapping the screen with the stylus.

I hate to break it to (all of) you, but the phone isnt yours until you pay for it. And swiping the card is the last thing I do, so I'll thank you not to touch my phone, until you sign the contract and the receipt.
    .... yeah.. not buying my Pre from you
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    What I hate is taking my phone out @ work, and here comes my coworker "oh is that your new phone can I see?" I'm thinking:
    She just ate did she wash her hands?
    Don't tap it so hard.
    What if she discovers something that I didn't find out yet.
    What if she drops it.
    I've only had it a day I dont want you to touch it yet if at all, go buy your own!

POR FAVOR NO TOQUES ESTO

Hope I said that right.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTurboII View Post
    And not even a smilie face, so I guess you're serious. Maybe the Pre is not the answer to Sprint's woes after all.
    Wow - if I was a Sprint CSR, I would open up your Pre, unwrap everything, lick the screen to make sure the multi-touch is working, stick it down the front of my pants to ensure the Touchstone technology is functional, then randomly (and rapidly) click all the keys while occasionally dealing with that persistent itch in my left nostril. Then I'd stuff everything back into the box, try to cram it shut, then hand it to you and tell you to have a nice day.

Who knew this could be so fun?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast