Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Noli me tangere.
    The 1st iPhone launch you were the 1st one to open the box and touch your iPhone (iTunes activation @ home).

With the iPhone 3G launch Apple employees allowed you to open the box, but they then had to hook up the iPhone 3G to a computer to activate it (iTunes activation had to be done in the store).
    Jimmie Geddes
    Well What can we say so they wont touch it too much? without being rude?
    you people are all crazy ... it;s just a phone .....

(BTW - if they make even the slightest move to unbox my Pre before I do, I;m gonna get all Brooklyn on their A$$)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by joelpalm View Post
    Telesales FTW
    Yeah! this way, when they drop it, you won't even know!
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post

(BTW - if they make even the slightest move to unbox my Pre before I do, I;m gonna get all Brooklyn on their A$$)
    LOL!!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    Yeah! this way, when they drop it, you won't even know!
    hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    if you want the sale then you wont touch my phone...everything needing to be done with this phone
    (activation, transferring contacts) will be done through me!
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Don't they have to activate it first with Palm before you can use it?
    I always have them just write the MSL code for me and I do it myself when I get home.

Been with Sprint 10 yrs (also worked for them in the past) so I know how to program CDMA phones.
    can't you just say -

"please don't open the box - i wish to activate it myself at home with the ESN via sprint.com. thank you."

???
    That bothers me, too. The reps are usually rough with the phones that I have had activated in the store, their fingerprints are all over it, and it usually smells bad after they touch it...like dirty sprint rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    That bothers me, too. The reps are usually rough with the phones that I have had activated in the store, their fingerprints are all over it, and it usually smells bad after they touch it...like dirty sprint rep.
    hahahahaha
    No touchy Sprint people. Just activate it within your system and let me out of the store.

Mine...Mine I say...
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    I'm going to tell them that it's just part of a ritual I have when I get a new phone. It's not, but hell, I just want to touch it.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I'm with you guys, im going to ask the sprint rep if i can just take it home and open it myself. I know they handle phones all day long but they are always rough with the customers new phone that they just paid $200+ for. It's annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by NBENZ View Post
    I'm with you guys, im going to ask the sprint rep if i can just take it home and open it myself. I know they handle phones all day long but they are always rough with the customers new phone that they just paid $200+ for. It's annoying.
    Besides, we all know they're going to be busy in the store. I'll offer just to expedite things for them.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    agreed...im so glad im not the only one out there that feels this way!
    I thought I was the only one out there with issues like this. I feel so much better now...this is like therapy!!! I want to be the one to do the unwrapping and opening...preferrably in private. Glad to know I am not alone in this.
    how does everyone transfer their contacts? i've always had problems with this...maybe theres an easy way that im missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post

A phone??? It's not just a phone, it's what Palm fanboys around the world have been waiting for. Ever since Palm promised us Cobalt back in 2004. We were going to finally be able to multitask, be able to have a cellphone radio, WiFi and Bluetooth all in one device. A fresh new Palm OS.

WTF, we waited 5 years for this?? Just kidding.

If you order from Sprint you'll be the 1st to open and touch your Pre since you have to call them to activate it. If you do it at the store, ask for a little alone time. You'll get stares, but 5 years is a long time to wait to touch it and then have some kid manhandle your Pre before you do. Are we still talking about a phone??
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast