Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21  
    Entered once for my phone and once for my wife's. If she wins it might accidentally get activated on my line.
  2. #22  
    Use of this device requires providing a valid email address, mobile phone number, and related information for account setup and activation. A data plan is also required. Unlimited usage data plan strongly recommended or additional data charges may apply. Within wireless coverage area only.

    ^^ Not to hijack the thread, but this is the "legal print" at the bottom. Again, the avenue of SERO still seems to be open, since it says UNLIMITED USAGE DATA PLAN STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. Which seems to suggest that its NOT needed. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm
  3. Xyg
    Xyg is offline
    Xyg's Avatar
    Posts
    1,104 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #23  
    If the contest winner is indeed announced when the phone goes live, then the phone must be released around May 26. This is according to the contest rules:

    6. Drawing: On or about May 26, 2009, the Sponsor will select two potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners within five (5) days of the drawing. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining entries.

    http://sweepstakes.sprint.com/palmpre/Rules.htm
  4. #24  
    just signed up with 10 e mail addresses

    fred
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    If the contest winner is indeed announced when the phone goes live, then the phone must be released around May 26. This is according to the contest rules:

    6. Drawing: On or about May 26, 2009, the Sponsor will select two potential winners in a random drawing of all entries received. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received. The Sponsor will attempt to notify the potential winners within five (5) days of the drawing. If a potential winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the first attempt to contact him/her, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from the remaining entries.

    Template Rules for Basic Sweepstakes
    not sure they're implying contest winner will be announced simultaneously with launch day. i think the purpose of this is to primarily create a mailing list to notify people of the Pre release and bait them to sign up with a possible free Pre. i still think June 7 release. notifying winner would be well before launch day IMO - you need a lag - what if winner(s) already ran out and bought one?
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    not sure they're implying contest winner will be announced simultaneously with launch day. i think the purpose of this is to primarily create a mailing list to notify people of the Pre release and bait them to sign up with a possible free Pre. i still think June 7 release. notifying winner would be well before launch day IMO - you need a lag - what if winner(s) already ran out and bought one?
    Well, of course the reason for the contest is to get people to sign up for the notification. Why else would Sprint do it? We marketing folks have a highly technical term for such things: "lead generation."
  7. #27  
    First, read the rules. It specifies "one entry per customer" - aka, entering 10 times does no good (may even get the entry thrown out).

    As for what this means for the Launch date, I don't think it changes the June 7th suggested date. Drawing will be on May 26. That person has 5 days to finish out paperwork and claim the prize, taking it through May 31. If either winner fails to complete all the steps, a secondary winner will be chosen (June 1st). That person would presumably have the same 5 days to complete the process (June 6), right in time for launch.
  8. #28  
    Good Luck to all.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  9. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by CJDynasty View Post
    Use of this device requires providing a valid email address, mobile phone number, and related information for account setup and activation. A data plan is also required. Unlimited usage data plan strongly recommended or additional data charges may apply. Within wireless coverage area only.

    ^^ Not to hijack the thread, but this is the "legal print" at the bottom. Again, the avenue of SERO still seems to be open, since it says UNLIMITED USAGE DATA PLAN STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. Which seems to suggest that its NOT needed. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm
    Except that there is a "Simply" plan, Simply Messaging, that doesn't include unlimited data.
  10. #30  
    I entered. Good luck everyone
  11. #31  
    Right now, with my AT&T Blackberry Bold, I'm paying $90/month.

    $40 for 450 minutes with rollover.
    $30 for unlimited BIS.
    $20 for unlimited SMS/MMS.

    I'm guessing I'll save some money if I end up with a Pre and a Sprint plan. Especially if the Pre is free!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    Right now, with my AT&T Blackberry Bold, I'm paying $90/month.

    $40 for 450 minutes with rollover.
    $30 for unlimited BIS.
    $20 for unlimited SMS/MMS.

    I'm guessing I'll save some money if I end up with a Pre and a Sprint plan. Especially if the Pre is free!
    The "Everything Data" $69.99 plan is 450 minutes plus unlimited text, data, navigation, and so on. It's the best looking deal on the market if you have a smartphone.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions