Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Which one is the most accurate price tag as of now?

And also, my dad bought me an instinct about 5 months ago but I want to upgrade to a palm pre, how much do I have to pay for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by prr View Post
    Which one is the most accurate price tag as of now?

And also, my dad bought me an instinct about 5 months ago but I want to upgrade to a palm pre, how much do I have to pay for it.
    more than likely.... full price
  3.    #3  
    and how much would full price be T_T
    I AM NOT paying more that 249 dollars... even though from what I've seen pre is pretty much great.
    I was VERY VERY surprised on seeing a few palm smartphones on the sprint store selling for 350+ dollars... :P
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    They haven't announced a price yet.
    I AM NOT paying more that 249 dollars... even though from what I've seen pre is pretty much great.
    I was VERY VERY surprised on seeing a few palm smartphones on the sprint store selling for 350+ dollars... :P
    I hope the Palm Pre is $251 (priced above your $249 limit)

Seriously though, nobody has a price on it as of this point, so your wasting your time finding out.

On an aside note: 5 months ago for an Instict, you are not eligible for any discounts at the moment.
    ^^^

To add, I personally am off contract, and eligible for $150 discount, and I am STILL prepared to pay upwards to $450 after tax.....maybe even $500 bucks for it.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    ^^^

To add, I personally am off contract, and eligible for $150 discount, and I am STILL prepared to pay upwards to $450 after tax.....maybe even $500 bucks for it.
    Well, I am not you.
    I also ask "the most accurate price" because of this, I know there isn't no official statement as of now but there are oh so many rumours and speculations and I just wanted to know, thank you for your time.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Well, I am not you.
    I also ask "the most accurate price" because of this, I know there isn't no official statement as of now but there are oh so many rumours and speculations and I just wanted to know, thank you for your time.
    the most accurate price for you, full price, at least $600+
    ur probably SOL if thats your max and you have to pay full price/no discounts
  10.    #10  
    Seriously,
    if you can't help, don't post.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    ur probably SOL if thats your max and you have to pay full price/no discounts
    Oh really?
    That wouldn't be too smart for palm if they plan selling it above $400 dollars seeing how a 8gb iPhone is selling for $199 nowadays.
    Seeing how none of you have helped me I went around the web and saw that the speculated price is $199 for a new contract and $250 for an upgrade, seems fair enough.
    Aaaand, according to iSuppli, a pre costs $138 to make so selling it for $199 seems a very good profit.
    palm has said many times that if the pre doesn't sell then they are OUT, so selling it above $299 seems just... out of the ordinary regarding their place.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    prr -

I think I speak for many of the dads in this forum by encouraging you to be thankful that your Dad was generous enough to buy you an Instinct five months ago, especially if you told him that's what you wanted. Unless you have some compelling need for such a device next month, I would recommend that you show some gratitude, enjoy your gift for a while, and save some money.

Seriously, you're welcome.

An Old Fuddy Duddy
    Dad?
    Is that you??? :P

Lol, thank you. I did thank my dad many, many times. It was a christmas present for me since someone mugged my last phone. I told him about how my instinct is killing my batteries and I told him I wanted a new one so I will return the instinct to him or give it to my sister...
    Oh yeah, and the money for the pre is coming out of my OWN pocket.
    That wouldn't be fair of me asking for a new phone.
    Oh really?
    That wouldn't be too smart for palm if they plan selling it above $400 dollars seeing how a 8gb iPhone is selling for $199 nowadays.
    Seeing how none of you have helped me I went around the web and saw that the speculated price is $199 for a new contract and $250 for an upgrade, seems fair enough.
    Aaaand, according to iSuppli, a pre costs $138 to make so selling it for $199 seems a very good profit.
    palm has said many times that if the pre doesn't sell then they are OUT, so selling it above $299 seems just... out of the ordinary regarding their place.
    Yeah but all of those low prices you cite are new contracts and upgrade prices, being within 5 months, you would be eligible for neither. The iPhone without a new contract comes at a non-subsidized price of $599 for the 8GB version and $699 for the 16GB model. Those price levels would be more in line with what you would pay without a new contract or upgrade.
    And the numbers from iSuppli remain controversial as they have never handled a device and so made best guesses. Additionally they do not include costs like R&D and software.
    Dude, look at every other smart phone on sprint'ss site, they are all over $500 with out discount. If you are five months out I wouldn't expect anything under $500. I expect that the $600 price point is fairly accurate. The price after discount however should be anywhere from $150 to $250. The latest rumors are $150, but the retail is still going to be 5-600.
    Even if the phone comes out for $99 you still won't be able to get it for that price because of the contract you are in. Unless I'm assuming wrong.

You are asking for a price that doesn't exist yet. Nobody here can tell you the New/Upgrade/Retail prices until it's released.

Welcome to Precentral
    call Sprint and tell them you are interested in the Pre...be nice and talk to them about how you know you're not eligible for the upgrade but let them know that you would be willing to sign a new 2 yr contract if they will allow you to pay the upgrade price. I did this for 2 of my lines which were just upgraded about 6 months ago...both lines have been notated and we will be getting 2 Pre's at the upgrade price.
    Dad?
    Is that you??? :P

Lol, thank you. I did thank my dad many, many times. It was a christmas present for me since someone mugged my last phone. I told him about how my instinct is killing my batteries and I told him I wanted a new one so I will return the instinct to him or give it to my sister...
    Oh yeah, and the money for the pre is coming out of my OWN pocket.
    That wouldn't be fair of me asking for a new phone.
    If you give the Instinct to your sister you could then open up a new line to get the Pre for whatever the price ends up being. That would be a good plan.
    You just do not get it, you are in contract you are not eligible for a an upgrade for most likely another year and a half. Go get an iphone if you do not want to either pay full price or wait a year and a half to get a new phone.
  19.    #19  
    Well, I am on a family plan right now.
    I believe my dad has been with sprint 3 yrs+, he just added two new phones during the christmas season, do I still have to pay 600+... I don't think am on a contract.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    If you think you're getting a Pre for $250 without a new contract you will be sorely disappointed. The only rumor I saw for full price was the one from Best Buy that was almost 4 times what you're willing to spend.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast