Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49
  1.    #41  
    my mother just told me her phone's contract is done, it has been more than 2 years and her phone is total garbage, she can't even see the screen.
    she told me if I want to make a new line and she would take my phone, can somebody tell me more information on this?
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by prr View Post
    my mother just told me her phone's contract is done, it has been more than 2 years and her phone is total garbage, she can't even see the screen.
    she told me if I want to make a new line and she would take my phone, can somebody tell me more information on this?
    Once the Pre is available for sale, call (or have your father call, probably both of you together) Sprint CS. Tell them you want to purchase the Pre (use all the other information you've gotten, so you get the best price) on to replace your mother's phone. Then have them swap the assigned lines for the Pre and the Instinct.

    After it's all done, give your mother a hug, and go clean your room, then mow the lawn for your father.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Once the Pre is available for sale, call (or have your father call, probably both of you together) Sprint CS. Tell them you want to purchase the Pre (use all the other information you've gotten, so you get the best price) on to replace your mother's phone. Then have them swap the assigned lines for the Pre and the Instinct.

    After it's all done, give your mother a hug, and go clean your room, then mow the lawn for your father.
    Will do, sir.
  4. KJ78's Avatar
    Posts
    838 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    #44  
    I was in the Sprint store the other day getting a quick repair to me 755p and had a few minutes to look at prices for the rest of their phones. I have not been paying attention to other phones as I have had a 7xx for awhile and only was interested in the Pre. I just had to add a line to my plan as my girlfriend had to get a phone and I activated one of my old, soon to die, phones for her to use until she finds something she likes better. She would be more than happy with a basic, T9, flip/slider/candy bar phone. Price is more important to her than having something like a Palm/BB, etc. I was shocked as the non-discounted price of the cheapest phones was at least $350-400. Most phones had list prices over $500. She barely spent that much on a notebook pc. All my optimism that the Pre would be available at an affordable price (for me under $300) flew out the window. I’m guessing the Pre will be about $450 even with a contract discount, probably about $700 without that.
  5. #45  
    seriously guys there is a reason that wintin a few months of launch all sprint phones max on ebay around $150 more than full discount price.

    You can buy at a bestbuy, buy at discounted price, cancel the next day, pay the $150 ETF and your phone must be unlocked and free to keep or sell.

    It is arbitrage at the micro economic level.

    The Pre will likely be $150 to $200 discounted. If it is $200 you will be able to get one within a few months for $350 regardless of contract.
  6. #46  
    I wrote that in another thread. Tired of people whining about being in the middle of a contract and having to pay more for the Pre. No one ever mentions selling their current phone to offset the cost. If you beat up your phone, don't keep the box and accessories and all, well shame on you. People want something for nothing and if Sprint says "sorry, no dice" Sprint becomes the bad guy and scores low on the customer service scale. Kind of barely ranks a notch above the SERO whiners.

    Craigslist is always an option too. Plus you have cash in hand when you go buy the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by laravia18 View Post
    My suggestion is to sell the phone on ebay. Make sure the sell goes through and the phone is no longer attached to your account before you ship it. Use your personal stash to pay your dad to cancel the line. Use the money you sold the phone for to pay for the pre.

    If your phone is in good condition you could probably $150 or more for it. If you get at least that amount, with the extra $50 left over from canceling the line, you would probably be able to get the phone. Just keep in mind ebay has a selling fee so take that into account. Good luck!
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    I wrote that in another thread. Tired of people whining about being in the middle of a contract and having to pay more for the Pre. No one ever mentions selling their current phone to offset the cost. If you beat up your phone, don't keep the box and accessories and all, well shame on you. People want something for nothing and if Sprint says "sorry, no dice" Sprint becomes the bad guy and scores low on the customer service scale. Kind of barely ranks a notch above the SERO whiners.

    Craigslist is always an option too. Plus you have cash in hand when you go buy the Pre.
    Eeh, buddy.
    The thread is pretty much done, if you read before you opened your mouth I wasn't complaining about contracts, I was simply asking.
    Also, hparsons's post helped and settled the case.
  8. #48  
    To get back on topic and away from SERO I agree with Dieter's $179 price. I think it will be a great seller especially being less than the iPhone not only in device cost but in plan cost as well. Not to mention the priceless cost of not having to have iCrappyunes on your computer...
    Last edited by Eguy; 05/15/2009 at 02:24 AM.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  9. #49  
    wahhh.... nice the thread took a turn about understanding your multiple lines. A friend of mine bounces around on phones the same way with her 5 family lines. but you were complaining in post 12 with your iphone comment...so eeh.
    Quote Originally Posted by prr View Post
    Eeh, buddy.
    The thread is pretty much done, if you read before you opened your mouth I wasn't complaining about contracts, I was simply asking.
    Also, hparsons's post helped and settled the case.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions