Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well on the plus side you could probably sell your instinct for 200+ on ebay or craigs, and use that twards the off contract price.
  2.    #22  
    so...
    you guys are telling me that sprint puts a contract for EACH and EVERY phone on a line or plan..., not the the plan itself?
    so all the phones under my father's name (4 phones) each have their own plan?
    is that what you guys are telling me (back this claim, please).
    Quote Originally Posted by prr View Post
    so...
    you guys are telling me that sprint puts a contract for EACH and EVERY phone on a line or plan..., not the the plan itself?
    so all the phones under my father's name (4 phones) each have their own plan?
    is that what you guys are telling me (back this claim, please).
    yes each phone has a contract...i have 5 phones on 1 plan...they each have their own contract
  4.    #24  
    oh my...
    this changes everything

--

what if my instinct magically dissapears, do they give you a discount.
    i don't have a guarantee btw.
    oh my...
    this changes everything

--

what if my instinct magically dissapears, do they give you a discount.
    i don't have a guarantee btw.
    you call Asurion and claim insurance (which is fraud) and pay your $100 deductible and then send you another Instinct...they won't send you the Pre
    Last edited by abarrera; 05/13/2009 at 03:48 PM.
    did you not see what i said on the other page about talking to Sprint about signing a new 2 yr contract in exchange for the upgrade price?
  7.    #27  
    the pre was the one thing I was looking for in life...
    now I have e-People on boards about gadgets laugh at me...
    *sigh*
    I think this is where it all ends.
    ok abarrera, I will talk to my father about trying your ''scam'', lol.
    Seriously,
    if you can't help, don't post.
    Seriously, the posts you got were probably the best help you're going to get.

There is no official price, so no one knows how "accurate" any price is going to be. Most guesses put it between $150 and $250 after credits and rebates. But, if it comes in at $99 or $999, that means "most guesses" were inaccurate.

If you just got your phone 5 months ago, you can bet it was purchased using discounts and rebates, and that typically involves signing a new contract. Sprint will not be gaining much by giving you the discount again (though anything is possible).

My personal guess is that you will have to pay $600 for the phone if you want it shortly after it's released.
    the pre was the one thing I was looking for in life...
    now I have e-People on boards about gadgets laugh at me...
    *sigh*
    I think this is where it all ends.
    ok abarrera, I will talk to my father about trying your ''scam'', lol.
    I didn't tell you to scam anyone so im not sure what youre talking about. youre the one who is misinformed.
    Cancel the line, pay the etf, sell the phone, then buy a new Pre
    Well, I am on a family plan right now.
    I believe my dad has been with sprint 3 yrs+, he just added two new phones during the christmas season, do I still have to pay 600+... I don't think am on a contract.
    There is some hope there. You didn't say how many lines your father has (or if you did, I missed it). If the two new phones were totally new lines, and your father has had his phone 3 years, he is likely eligible for a new phone. He could purchase the Pre and assign it to your number, and get the discounts. You could then give the Instinct to sis, sell it, whatever.

Of course, your dad would be stuck with his old phone - he might not want that to happen.
    Last edited by hparsons; 05/13/2009 at 04:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Ok, I have a question. When I log into the website it says I have $150 off. Does that mean I will get the new customer/upgrade price or is that just 150 of the $550 (guess) phone meaning I would pay 400?
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post

PRR...THIS IS YOUR FATHER

You must learn to spend your money wisely. Do not pawn off phones you don't like on your siblings. Do not engage in fraud for petty wants. Get your head out of gadget toys and back into your school work. And do not presume that I will carry around an old phone for the next two years simply because you covet the Pre more than the Instinct. My generosity has limits as you will soon see. Do not cross me you spoiled brat.
    lol
    LOL
    you gotta pay to play.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    There is some hope there. You didn't say how many lines your father has (or if you did, I missed it). If the two new phones were totally lines, and your father has had his phone 3 years, he is likely eligible for a new phone. He could purchase the Pre and assign it to your number, and get the discounts. You could then give the Instinct to sis, sell it, whatever.

Of course, your dad would be stuck with his old phone - he might not want that to happen.
    let's see...
    my dad started with a phone on july 2006 if I am correct(i think he had a sprint phone way before that, but I remember he got a new phone that month)... he got a phone for my mom early to mid 2007, then he got me and my sister two phones on january, he bought a blackberry curve some 5 weeks ago... I believe that's it for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdidasNYR View Post
    Ok, I have a question. When I log into the website it says I have $150 off. Does that mean I will get the new customer/upgrade price or is that just 150 of the $550 (guess) phone meaning I would pay 400?
    The latter, but it also means that there is a very good chance that one of the phones on your father's line is out of contract.

Talk to your dad, then have him call Sprint. If the CS rep doesn't work something out, tell him to politely ask for a supervisor. If that doesn't work, have him politely ask for Customer Retentions.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    The latter, but it also means that there is a very good chance that one of the phones on your father's line is out of contract.

Talk to your dad, then have him call Sprint. If the CS rep doesn't work something out, tell him to politely ask for a supervisor. If that doesn't work, have him politely ask for Customer Retentions.
    Im not the original poster. I just threw that question in this thread. If my dad was paying my bills still I would shoot myself at 35
    Quote Originally Posted by AdidasNYR View Post
    Im not the original poster. I just threw that question in this thread. If my dad was paying my bills still I would shoot myself at 35
    Sorry, my bad; didn't pay close enough attention.

However, the same thing applies. That means that either you are still in contract, but close to the 24 monhs (I think it's 20 months required) to get $150 off instead of $75, or you are completely out of contract.

If you are completely out of contract, you can (or have been able to, in the past) negotiate the same deal as new subscribers.

You can't do it at a Best Buy or a non-Sprint store, and I don't think you can even do it in a Sprint store. I'm almost positive you have to all Sprint directly.

I had to do that, even when my kid was working for Sprint in one of their stores.
    My suggestion is to sell the phone on ebay. Make sure the sell goes through and the phone is no longer attached to your account before you ship it. Use your personal stash to pay your dad to cancel the line. Use the money you sold the phone for to pay for the pre.

If your phone is in good condition you could probably $150 or more for it. If you get at least that amount, with the extra $50 left over from canceling the line, you would probably be able to get the phone. Just keep in mind ebay has a selling fee so take that into account. Good luck!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast