Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    Sorry I didn't make myself clearer... they didn't mean to use the actual physical keyboard... but not having an ability to use "a" keyboard in landscape (no software 'board that is...)

They need to put in a virtual keyboard that can be turned off and everyone is happy. No reason to not have one in there with a toggle on and off. That way people that want to type something in landscape mode can and those that don't need the feature can turn it off.
    lol... I hate to give it away ( )... since I talked to two of the guys & promised them tips, if they hold onto 2 of them the day it drops...

But it is in NY... They did mention that the rep was "Making the rounds" to the different BB in the area...
    I am near the BB @ 86th and Lex now. I will be near the LES one on Broadway tonight. Think I will be in the right neighborhoods?
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    I am near the BB @ 86th and Lex now. I will be near the LES one on Broadway tonight. Think I will be in the right neighborhoods?
    LOL.. ur funny... NYC is pretty big...
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    They need to put in a virtual keyboard that can be turned off and everyone is happy. No reason to not have one in there with a toggle on and off. That way people that want to type something in landscape mode can and those that don't need the feature can turn it off.

+1
    you either talking about 86th street or the joint in mount vernon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    3rd party to the rescue.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    2. Keyboard will take a little getting used to, especially since they all have smart-phones already (two with Treo 755p's and one person with a BB)
    WHAT?! I think I've seen less than a dozen people with Treo's anywhere, any time and you say two people with one in the same room? Are you sure you weren't on any hallucinogens? Seriously, that is just plain bizarre... but awesome.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    WHAT?! I think I've seen less than a dozen people with Treo's anywhere, any time and you say two people with one in the same room? Are you sure you weren't on any hallucinogens? Seriously, that is just plain bizarre... but awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_L View Post
    I'm surprised. Since the introduction of the Centro, I've seen them popping up everywhere.
    Huh. I see Treos all the time on campus (along with the obligatory Blackberries and iPhones). Hell, even three of the four people in my immediate family own Treos.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I see a ton of Treo's too, not sure what cave Scott lives in
    From what can see from videos and pictures, the Pre keyboard looks bigger and more spaced as compared to the Centro.
    I went to see Star Trek Monday night and there were 4 iphones and a Treo Pro in the row in front of me. I had to squint to see what they were doing (looking at wunderground radar)
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    From what can see from videos and pictures, the Pre keyboard looks bigger and more spaced as compared to the Centro.
    It better be. The centro keyboard is unusable to me and the Pro is pretty bad too. The Pre looks a little more spaced out and curved though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    It better be. The centro keyboard is unusable to me and the Pro is pretty bad too. The Pre looks a little more spaced out and curved though.
    From what I have seen it is not THAT much better than the Centro let alone the Pro. I have adjusted to my Centro so I will be fine with the Pre...I think.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Going from the 800w to the Pro has been ZERO problems. I use my wife's Centro on occassion (used to be mine, bought it for giggles and she loved it)... it's a little cramped. I hope its like the Pro.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Speaking of Best Buy, Prethinking found this new ad on their site...

PreThinking - Blog - Best Buy Teasing Us With Palm Pre Sprint*Ads
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    From what I have seen it is not THAT much better than the Centro let alone the Pro. I have adjusted to my Centro so I will be fine with the Pre...I think.
    I dont know, I think it will be going back if it is anywhere close to the Centro or Pro. Call me spoiled by Blackberry keyboards, but I expect a good keyboard. It is 2009, this isnt the first qwerty phone. There is no excuse for a flat rectangle of square keys with poor tactile feel.
    I think ill have to call bull**** on the BBY crew here.

My Palm rep still hasn't gotten hers, so I doubt there are any reps out there doing PRPRPR $tours$ $to$ $3rd$ $party$ $dealers$....

I hope you don't plan on 2 Pres waiting for you either, I doubt the BBY employees want to risk loosing their job holding a phone they will have no problem selling.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTurboII View Post
    I hope you don't plan on 2 Pres waiting for you either, I doubt the BBY employees want to risk loosing their job holding a phone they will have no problem selling.
    I worked retail a number of years. We were alway permitted to hold devices for a short time, if the customer left contact information.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast