1.    #1  
    New Palm Pre pron for the fans, a short unboxing video:

Palm Pre unboxing VIDEO : Tech Digest

Editing to add source video from gizmodo:

http://gizmodo.com/5251780/video-palm-pre-unboxed
    Wow, just saw this in Twitter from Gizmodo and then saw your thread buried half-way down the thread list. Surprised this is not the HOTTEST topic on the board this morning! Beat me to it!

She must have very little hands b/c the Pre looks big when she pulls it out of the box.
    This looks like it's from CES to me. First, it's in a room with lots of people, second, she talks about handing it off to Peter who will go on to do the demonstration, third, I recognize some of the decoration motifs from CES (organic stuff, the bamboo table).

Cool, but it's not like this was taken in the wild.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Surprised this is not the HOTTEST topic on the board this morning! Beat me to it!
    The video was posted a couple times yesterday. Originally posted by NM08SRT8 in here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...res-box-2.html
    this video was shot at CES in January. It was a Mock unboxing by a Palm employee and I swear I've seen it before.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Ahhhh.....I was thinking I remembered a "screen unlock" gesture from one of the 6739 videos I've watched of the Pre, but never could find it again when the thread about How many clicks to make a phone call came up.

You can see the touchscreen "Unlock" right at the beginning of the video...she almost turns the phone away from the camera as to hide it (I wonder if they weren't supposed to show it since it didn't show up in many videos/there hasn't been much talk about it). Appears to be a small silver circle at the bottom of the screen that she drags to the top.

Looks like Palm is really trying to "brand" themselves with the simple silver circle (center button, screen unlock) as well as the flick off the top of the screen gesture (closing cards and my guess: you could "flick" the silver circle off the screen to unlock too???). They really hint that this will be part of their branding in (end) and to a lesser extent, at the end of each of the Sprint "What's happening Now" commercials

Maybe these two identifying characteristics will become mainstays for Palm on future devices as well.
    I don't thinkg I've seen a unboxing video yet so wanted to post this.

Gizmodo - Video: Palm Pre Unboxed - Palm pre unboxed
    Follow Me On

ya when I went to post it I didn't see it
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    this video was shot at CES in January. It was a Mock unboxing by a Palm employee and I swear I've seen it before.
    I've seen it before as well. I can't remember where, but I remembered seeing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    If people bothered to check the post up date on YouTube they would've noticed it was probably at CES too.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
  12.    #12  
    Apologies, I had not seen it in previous forum posts here. I think it warrants its own thread though, regardless of where it had been posted.

Has anyone seen this??
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    yep is was main sited here http://www.precentral.net/ces-pre-unboxing
    I love lolcats
    A rather unorthodox first post:

"unoxing"? I pictured having to remove the yoke from the ox, then setting the ox free from the attached carriage that houses the pre... somewhat disturbing. What happens next?

BTW; Yes, I saw this yesterday.
    Dude wtf.. You've been here since 2006 and didn't even look to see if this has been posted? I've posted this video several times on here already. Days/Weeks ago
    Talk about "late to the party." Remember that scene in Dumb and Dumber when Loyd is leaving the bar in the hotel and see's the framed news paper headline when we first landed on the moon and he says, "No way!" Then screams out "WE LANDED ON THE MOON!"

That's what this post was like.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectator52 View Post
    Talk about "late to the party." Remember that scene in Dumb and Dumber when Loyd is leaving the bar in the hotel and see's the framed news paper headline when we first landed on the moon and he says, "No way!" Then screams out "WE LANDED ON THE MOON!"

That's what this post was like.
    except I laughed more alot more when I watched the movie
    I love lolcats
    Is it just me, or does the phone look really BIG in that video? Maybe it's because the woman has small hands, but...
    “Wolves are the top of the food chain, and when the wolf population is healthy, all other animal and plant populations are healthy.” -- Lois Tulleners