1.    #1  
    I was thinking on this. The Pre uses the WebKit browser which is what Safari on the iPhone is based on. It would be nice if iPhone formated sites worked the same way on the pre. Perhaps if the Pre browser says it is Safari it could work. Can't wait!
    Actually, that's controlled by the web server. They can be set to recognize the browser, and format accordingly.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    ^ I'm sure someone is gonna hack the Pre browser to allow a change of the user-agent. In fact since both devices are the same resolution and same browser, it should be an almost perfect match.
    It depends if the browser is capable of interpretting the meta tags used for iphone/ipod touch development. I am sure that if the pages are designed with good CSS then they should still render ok.

I think we will have to wait until somebody has a Pre to do some testing
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Actually, that's controlled by the web server. They can be set to recognize the browser, and format accordingly.
    Exactly. I actually go to the iphone facebook site on my winmo phone using Opera, as it loads faster than the real site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted-D View Post
    It depends if the browser is capable of interpretting the meta tags used for iphone/ipod touch development. I am sure that if the pages are designed with good CSS then they should still render ok.

I think we will have to wait until somebody has a Pre to do some testing
    You're right. I focused in on the "formatted" part, and thought resolution, layout, etc. Didn't think about possible other tags, and not familiar enough with Opera to say.
    I hope the google reader iPhone website makes it to the Pre. My most used website by far.
    I'll bet that the larger sites like Facebook and Google have already tweaked their servers so that they will already recognize the Pre's browser and put forth the proper page.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright