1.    #1  
    First of all, for anyone who doesn't know what sidetone is:
    Sidetone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, I know that pretty much none of us have been able to actually pick up a Pre and make a call, but maybe someone with a Centro or Treo Pro can help here. I had a Treo 600, 700p, and 755p, and from them was used to not hearing my voice at all in the earpiece when I was talking. Then, I switched to a Motorola q9c, and it was crazy at first to hear a slight amount of my voice through the earpiece, but then I got used to that as well (and slightly prefer that now, especially when using a headset.)

I don't know if the Centro or Treo Pro have been any different from the Treos I've used, but I wonder if the Pre will have more (any at all) sidetone or if it'll be like Palm's previous history. Any guesses?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    First of all, for anyone who doesn't know what sidetone is:
    Sidetone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now, I know that pretty much none of us have been able to actually pick up a Pre and make a call, but maybe someone with a Centro or Treo Pro can help here. I had a Treo 600, 700p, and 755p, and from them was used to not hearing my voice at all in the earpiece when I was talking. Then, I switched to a Motorola q9c, and it was crazy at first to hear a slight amount of my voice through the earpiece, but then I got used to that as well (and slightly prefer that now, especially when using a headset.)

I don't know if the Centro or Treo Pro have been any different from the Treos I've used, but I wonder if the Pre will have more (any at all) sidetone or if it'll be like Palm's previous history. Any guesses?
    Wow jhoff. I had no idea what sidetone was. Now the Goat has been enlightened.

I always wondered how the feedback happened. I had no idea it was intentional. My Blackberry has very slight sidetone.

By the way, I have no answer for you whatsoever. I just appreciate being hit with some knowledge.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-