Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    We've seen Pre apps come out in dribbles. It's time to build a comprehensive list of what we know or suspect.

Here's a start. Let's try to keep the list current, so we don't have to sift thru tons of news items and forum postings. Sure beats what the iPhone had when it first shipped.

AccuWeather
    Amazon MP3
    AP Mobile
    App Catalog
    Austin Lane
    Backup
    Bank of America
    Bluetooth (Prefs)
    Calculator
    Calendar
    Camera
    Chess
    City Search
    Classic
    Clock
    CompanionLink
    Connect 4
    Contacts
    Craig's List
    Data Transfer Agent (Web download Mac/PC)
    Date & Time (Prefs)
    Device Info (Prefs)
    DirectTV
    Doc View
    Docs to Go
    Electronic Arts ?
    Email
    Epocrates
    ESPN
    Facebook
    Fandango
    Flightview
    Golf
    Google Maps
    Handmark Express Stocks
    InstantItems
    Intuit ?
    Language (Prefs)
    LinkedIn
    Location Services (Prefs)
    Lonely Planet
    Loopt
    Mark/Space ?
    Match.com
    Maze
    Memos
    Messaging
    Movietickets.com
    Music Player
    MySpace
    NYTimes
    Pandora
    PDF View
    Phone
    Photo Viewer
    PocketMirror
    Puzzle
    Regional Settings (Prefs)
    RSS News
    Runway
    Salesforce.com
    Screen & Lock (Prefs)
    SGN ?
    Sling Media
    Sounds and Ringtones (Prefs)
    Spaz
    SplashData (one or more apps)
    Sprint NASCAR
    Sprint Navigation
    Sprint TV
    Sudoku
    Tasks
    Today Show
    Tweed
    Twitter
    Updates (Prefs)
    Video Player
    Web
    WebMD
    WebOS Doctor (download)
    Where
    Wi-Fi (Prefs)
    Yelp
    YouTube
    Zagat

Sorted list. This is getting pretty long. Awesome!

If anyone has info on items with a question mark, please post.
    Last edited by TomD; 06/04/2009 at 09:11 AM.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    There's also Sprint's Nascar app. And Twitter hasn't been announced anywhere yet.
    tasks
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    There's also Sprint's Nascar app. And Twitter hasn't been announced anywhere yet.
    Twitter wasn't announced, but there was a developer that stated he developed for webOS a twitter client in the comments on Precentral
    If twitter wasnt announced then why is it on Sprints Meet the Pre Now page? and shown in the commericals ?
    Because the commercials so far are for Sprint's network, not the Pre specifically, and the number of mentions on Twitter is a good way of describing the buzz of the device?

I didn't realize someone specifically said they were working on a Twitter app. Though even if they didn't, considering the nature of Palm's SDK, I think that's something that'll be pretty easy to do for a programmer, so I'd bet there'll be a few options for that shortly anyway.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Flightview
    did you understand what you read he said known apps or suspected apps suspected will include twitter my friend..
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    TomD,

You should edit your initial post and add all of the apps that people put in this thread so that we have one comprehensive list to look at and not have to read every post on this thread! This could get lengthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by cookgoose34 View Post
    did you understand what you read he said known apps or suspected apps suspected will include twitter my friend..
    Suspected apps doesn't make any sense though. Now, if someone said in comments they're working on it, which as I mentioned, I hadn't seen, then I agree it should be included.

But I suspect a bunch of things will be seen at launch or shortly thereafter, but that doesn't mean anyone else will or anything like that.

Anyway, there's also going to be a news app by Palm most likely...
    Im sure there will be a Twitter App
    You'd be best to update the intiial post with "confirmed apps", "very likely apps", and "suspected apps". Or something like that.
    Let's also elaborate on the apps for those who haven't followed every bit of coverage. I'll start:

CONFIRMED

• Web: Webkit-based browser (think Safari/Chrome)

• Email: Synergy-enabled; exchange support, gmail integration confirmed.

• Calendar: Synergy-enabled; exchange and google calendar confirmed.

• Contacts: Synergy-enabled; facebook, google, and exchange contacts confirmed.

• Calculator: Every phone since 1996 has one. Woohoo.

• Video Player: Extensive codec support; flash coming by year-end if not sooner.

• Music Player: A2DP stereo bluetooth; Amazon MP3 Store

• Photo Viewer: fairly standard; google photo/flickr integration speculative (but awesome if extant).

• Camera: 3MP with some funky special software that supposedly allows for better than average camphone pics.

• Messaging: Synergy-enabled; google talk and AIM confirmed. Text messaging integrates with IMs.

• Memos: Self-explanatory.

• Sprint TV: Previously useless up-sell in the "Power Vision" days. Might be nice if stream quality is improved to Pre's codecs and resolution.

• Amazon MP3: Best MP3 store on the net. Nice.

• Google Maps: We all know and love it. No word on street view or latitude features.

• Docs to Go: I have no idea what this is but it's another program so that's cool.

• Adobe Reader: for kicking back with an ebook.

• Classic: Thousands of old school programs.

• Facebook: You're not a smartphone if you don't have a facebook app. Although with Pre's browser, the real site might be just as nice.

• YouTube: Ultimate time-killer. Presumably connects to mobile versions not unlike the iPhone. At least until we get flash support.

• Pandora: The best internet radio. Can rate with one touch.

• Fandango: No idea what this is.

• Handmark Express Stocks: Would be really cool if it ran a ticker at the bottom.

• Sprint Navigation: Telenav adapted for the Pre. Looks decent.

VERY LIKELY

• Twitter: It's prominent in Sprint's and the Pre's advertising. It seems like it's a necessary in this market.

SPECULATIVE (at best)

• Slingbox: It exists for PalmOS, but will likely be a while before they get around to a native one. No word on whether or not the PalmOS one will work on Classic.

• Hulu: They still haven't finished an iPhone app, and it's two years later. This would be an awesome app considering hulu's content, but we just might have to wait for flash support and then use their site.

---------

Add your own descriptions/details. Let's get this comprehensive.
    yoohoo.......App Catalog!!
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    TomD,

You should edit your initial post and add all of the apps that people put in this thread so that we have one comprehensive list to look at and not have to read every post on this thread! This could get lengthy.
    Good Idea.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Don't forget about Loopt which on one of the sprint commercials it does mention it. So that is another app
    As I said above, there's an RSS News app described in the WebOS book.
    It seems like I remember talk about SplashID being developed with some sort of cloud sync.
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    Let's also elaborate on the apps for those who haven't followed every bit of coverage. I'll start:

CONFIRMED

• Docs to Go: I have no idea what this is but it's another program so that's cool.

• Fandango: No idea what this is.
    Just to add:

Fandango is movie informations and it is GPS enabled to buy tickets at theaters near your location.

Docts to Go is an Office document editor with Word, Excel, and powerpoint support.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast