Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman View Post
    It seems like I remember talk about SplashID being developed with some sort of cloud sync.
    The parent company SplashData was listed as a partner in the CES presentation. But I have not heard which apps they are working on. Maybe that is one of the secrets that Palm is holding on too.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Big question - will it be able to sync with Apple apps - ical, addressbook?????
    Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
    There won't be any desktop sync but maybe someone will make some way to sync with MobileMe.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post
    Mac Address Book already syncs with MobileMe, Exchange, and Yahoo.

I'm already syncing with the MobileMe and Yahoo.

iCal is supposed to sync with CalDAV calendars like Yahoo, but I have not been able to get that to work.
    Tom
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    There won't be any desktop sync but maybe someone will make some way to sync with MobileMe.
    I'm still hopeful in that. Somebody will probably get that working.
    Tom
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Let's keep this list updated.

Any additions/changes?
    Tom
    I just hope slingplayer and splashmoney will be available.
    Sprint has to have a NFL Mobile app, since they're an official NFL corp sponsor.
    Figure that will be out in early September.
    Also, in one of those app store pics, I saw one that was cut off, but it looked like the Today Show logo.
    Al Roker on the Pre, whee!
    *grin* You forgot PHONE!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by hypocaffeinemia View Post
    Let's also elaborate on the apps for those who haven't followed every bit of coverage. I'll start:

CONFIRMED

• Web: Webkit-based browser (think Safari/Chrome)

• Email: Synergy-enabled; exchange support, gmail integration confirmed.

• Calendar: Synergy-enabled; exchange and google calendar confirmed.

• Contacts: Synergy-enabled; facebook, google, and exchange contacts confirmed.

• Calculator: Every phone since 1996 has one. Woohoo.

• Video Player: Extensive codec support; flash coming by year-end if not sooner.

• Music Player: A2DP stereo bluetooth; Amazon MP3 Store

• Photo Viewer: fairly standard; google photo/flickr integration speculative (but awesome if extant).

• Camera: 3MP with some funky special software that supposedly allows for better than average camphone pics.

• Messaging: Synergy-enabled; google talk and AIM confirmed. Text messaging integrates with IMs.

• Memos: Self-explanatory.

• Sprint TV: Previously useless up-sell in the "Power Vision" days. Might be nice if stream quality is improved to Pre's codecs and resolution.

• Amazon MP3: Best MP3 store on the net. Nice.

• Google Maps: We all know and love it. No word on street view or latitude features.

• Docs to Go: I have no idea what this is but it's another program so that's cool.

• Adobe Reader: for kicking back with an ebook.

• Classic: Thousands of old school programs.

• Facebook: You're not a smartphone if you don't have a facebook app. Although with Pre's browser, the real site might be just as nice.

• YouTube: Ultimate time-killer. Presumably connects to mobile versions not unlike the iPhone. At least until we get flash support.

• Pandora: The best internet radio. Can rate with one touch.

• Fandango: No idea what this is.

• Handmark Express Stocks: Would be really cool if it ran a ticker at the bottom.

• Sprint Navigation: Telenav adapted for the Pre. Looks decent.

VERY LIKELY

• Twitter: It's prominent in Sprint's and the Pre's advertising. It seems like it's a necessary in this market.

SPECULATIVE (at best)

• Slingbox: It exists for PalmOS, but will likely be a while before they get around to a native one. No word on whether or not the PalmOS one will work on Classic.

• Hulu: They still haven't finished an iPhone app, and it's two years later. This would be an awesome app considering hulu's content, but we just might have to wait for flash support and then use their site.

---------

Add your own descriptions/details. Let's get this comprehensive.

Great explanations!!! By the way, Fandango is like MovieTickets.com. The two companies service different movie theaters, so it's best to have both!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    Sprint has to have a NFL Mobile app, since they're an official NFL corp sponsor.
    Figure that will be out in early September.
    Also, in one of those app store pics, I saw one that was cut off, but it looked like the Today Show logo.
    Al Roker on the Pre, whee!
    Ditto!
    Any word on slacker?
    A Large digital clock....landscape....kinda dim...but viewable when the screen is in low power mode. I i have to do is pull it outaa my pocket and see the time....no buttons to push.

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    *grin* You forgot PHONE!
    Thanks
    Tom
    Wow, that's a pretty amazing list of apps, and it definitely beats the iPhone 3G's launch numbers for the App Store.

Honestly, I hope reviewers keep that in mind; when iPhone 3G launched, there weren't anywhere near that many apps.
    Palm III -> Visor Prism -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro

Ev-Do Rev. A Tethered on my TP:
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
    Wow, that's a pretty amazing list of apps, and it definitely beats the iPhone 3G's launch numbers for the App Store.

Honestly, I hope reviewers keep that in mind; when iPhone 3G launched, there weren't anywhere near that many apps.
    And that does not include a zillion Palm OS apps that will run on Classic.
    Tom
    WebIS the makers of Pocket Informant for the iPhone, Blackberry, and Windows Mobile said via twitter they "just got their hands on the Pre sdk". It would be awesome if PI for the Pre came out.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    And that does not include a zillion Palm OS apps that will run on Classic.
    Well, about 35K and only some (most?) will work. I'd imagine any app that follows the plain APIs will work. Any that trap the OS or do low level things may not, like zLauncher, Butler, etc. Most apps that access the Net should work if not too low level.

It will help though to have this while waiting for native apps. And word is, Pre runs PalmOS apps twice as fast.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    There is also Yelp, seen it in the user guide...
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    There is also Yelp, seen it in the user guide...
    Give me some help finding this.
    Tom
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast