Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Doesn't Bell have three-year contracts? If I was in Canada, I'd go with Fido all the way! Month-to-month can't be beat.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Very strange how GPS wasn't mentioned at all in the features list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Your Avatar strikes me as very strange.. Why would you take a picture of your kid pinching a loaf? Seriously... Is it necessary?
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Your Avatar strikes me as very strange.. Why would you take a picture of your kid pinching a loaf? Seriously... Is it necessary?
    You'll completely understand why they did it if you become a parent.
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Oh, I thought it was Toby Maguire. Height seemed right.
    Quote Originally Posted by showson1 View Post
    You'll completely understand why they did it if you become a parent.
    Hmmm, so the highlight of being a parent is when your progeny is baking some natural mudd...hehe?
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
    Hmmm, so the highlight of being a parent is when your progeny is baking some natural mudd...hehe?
    After 2-3 years of diapers you'll be jumping for joy when the pinch it off in the toilet instead of their pants...or the floor.
    Ah yes. You never forget that first floor episode. It invariably happens when your wife is out of town.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    I doubt if Bell can block GPS

But they probably do not have the Sprint Navigation software, so not in the ad.

When a 3rd party GPS is available, they will probably advertise GPS.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Wouldn't Goggle Maps Mobile Edition integrate the GPS inthe Pre. Can't beat their price.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phiris_dad View Post
    Wouldn't Goggle Maps Mobile Edition integrate the GPS inthe Pre. Can't beat their price.
    This will show where you are just fine. A Nav system will give you turn by turn directions on the fly. Google maps just gives you a list of turns.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    TeleNav or somebody will come out with one
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

so for sprint, do i need to pay extra with the unlimited data plan just for GPS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    After 2-3 years of diapers you'll be jumping for joy when the pinch it off in the toilet instead of their pants...or the floor.
    Yeah but that kid does not look that young.. He's in a spidy costume and he's building Aberham's cabin inside the toilet. I would cherish my childs first words, steps, first made basket, first ball he hit, but not his first deuce. You don't take pictures of that crap. That's borderline 1kid; 1 toilet kinda stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreActive View Post
    so for sprint, do i need to pay extra with the unlimited data plan just for GPS?
    No, with unlimited plan you get it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    TeleNav or somebody will come out with one
    TeleNav sucks. I hope Garmin makes a program for the Pre with Lane Assist
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    TeleNav sucks...
    Bite your tongue.... ... Only joking!

There's a lot of good GPS navigation software out there. I do like the ones that preload the maps rather than downloading them.

I never had GPS before and my GSM Treo Pro came with a 30 day trial to TeleNav, so I stuck with it and bought a year subscription. When the year is up, I'll switch to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Bite your tongue.... ... Only joking!

There's a lot of good GPS navigation software out there. I do like the ones that preload the maps rather than downloading them.

I never had GPS before and my GSM Treo Pro came with a 30 day trial to TeleNav, so I stuck with it and bought a year subscription. When the year is up, I'll switch to something else.
    My biggest problem is that it only works through the network and has no independance of the network. I took my Centro to Europe and used Mobile XT all around the continent and it worked great. Can't do that with TeleNav...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    My biggest problem is that it only works through the network and has no independance of the network. I took my Centro to Europe and used Mobile XT all around the continent and it worked great. Can't do that with TeleNav...
    Absolutely! That's what makes GPS programs like Garmin Mobile XT a good GPS programs. All the maps are preloaded on your memory stick.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast