Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Isn't this is one of the reasons Palm decided to go with Sprint's network first? After all, wasn't it Ed Colligan who said that they wanted to go with a more developed 3G network and AT&T's wasn't as far along as Sprints?
    I really doubt Pre owners will have any trouble with Sprints 3G network. They are currently using only 3% of their total bandwidth so, unless someone is thinking of hosting the piratebay on their Pre (lol), we're good

Sprint looking to wholesale bandwidth to connected gadget makers
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Every wireless carrier will be doing the same thing. They act as if they don't know that people will use the smartphones to transfer lots of data. Then they say that the network got overloaded and degraded service because their device was SO popular so they have to restrict the pipe.
    Maybe so, but Sprint & Verizon have always allowed it previously.

Cheers
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    I think Sling relented. They'll allow the older hardware to work, but won't officially support it.
    I find it interesting, though, that as an original user of SlingBox, I never had a problem until they quit supporting the SlingBox Solo. Furthermore, they recently started charging for Tech Support...

Cheers
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Even if they did relent, barely anyone's going to want to use wifi for Sling this much, therefore Sling App=fail. Plus $30? You know how cheap people get once they get in the App Store, due to all those free-$5 apps.

As for AT&T singling out only iPhone owners when other phones use 3G just fine with Sling, we'll see how well that goes over.

I won't be buying because the entire situation from both parties is shady.
    I agree w/everything you just said.

Cheers
    Sling was recently purchased by Echostar / Dish Network so not surprising things are changing there.

As a current Iphone 3g user I can say AT&T and Apple can go sit on a splintered stick and rotate.
    I will finally make the jump if there is an app for WebOS
    (jumping to a Slingbox that is)
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Apple can go sit on a splintered stick and rotate.
    That bit made me smile big! Cheers!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Looks like it's really AT&T who failed the litmus test. They look like massive FAIL and deceptive liars.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I mean if AT&T keeps reflecting badly back to Apple, Apple won't stand for that. Often when people blame AT&T, they throw some at Apple too.

Of course, Apple causes some of it's own bad rep, but iPhone is automatically linked to Apple and any crap AT&T pulls concerning it often draws in criticism for Apple too.
    AT&T doesn't do anything related to the iPhone without gaining permission from Apple - all criticism should be applied universally to both of them.

As a side note, I wonder if AT&T/iPhone users have now got reasonable justification to terminate their contracts without penalty?
    But there are worldwide iPhone carriers that don't seem to have the issues AT&T does. AT&T seems to be ruining the iPhone experience.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Sprint better keep things the way they are right now. Keep the Simply Everything plans, don't put caps on data usage, especially if their network really can handle it as well as people say it can. On top of that, use AT&T's gheyness against them in some agressive marketing...sorta like the PC vs Mac ads. Sprinkle in how good the Pre is, and presto...the Pre can be the new iPhone!
    But there are worldwide iPhone carriers that don't seem to have the issues AT&T does. AT&T seems to be ruining the iPhone experience.
    AT&T over-hyped their 3G network when it was too young. Sounds like they promised Apple they were fit for the task when they weren't.

Goes to show why AT&T approached Verizon first. They would not have these problems.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Goes to show why AT&T approached Verizon first. They would not have these problems.
    They'd have much different ones including VZ Navigator and other bloatware slathered all over the device, potentially crippled hardware specs, and endless testing of each model that'd probably make Apple launch months later than they wanted to.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    They'd have much different ones including VZ Navigator and other bloatware slathered all over the device, potentially crippled hardware specs, and endless testing of each model that'd probably make Apple launch months later than they wanted to.
    But their users would get actual 3G speeds everywhere with no bottlenecks!
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  16.    #56  
    And given the walled garden approach, verizon would still have input just like AT&T apparently has on apps. Who's to say, if given the choice, Verizon or Sprint would approve sling type apps? The point is, they didn't have a choice prior to the iphone's app store only approach.

Which basically leads to Palm and if they'll do the same. Let's see how that App sideloading works first before declaring Palm any different.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123