Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26
  1. tprevett's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
       #1  
    I just read the sprint will be launching the New Samsung dual slider on the 7th of June. Would they really cloud the launch with other phones? Or perhaps the launch of the PRE won't be that weekend?
  2. #2  
    another phone launch would not cloud the Pre release, unless it was something that was very compatible... (dont know what the sammy dual slider is)
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevett View Post
    I just read the sprint will be launching the New Samsung dual slider on the 7th of June. Would they really cloud the launch with other phones? Or perhaps the launch of the PRE won't be that weekend?
    I imagine that if there are any other phones launching the same weekend, they'll just be sitting in the storeroom waiting for somebody to actually come and ask for one.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  4. tprevett's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
       #4  
    FYI I read it over at PhoneNews.. Samsung Exclaim
  5. #5  
    It's probably just a feature phone, aimed at texting. If that's the case, it's not going to distract from the Pre, nor attract the same buyers.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  6. #6  
    They usually do.
  7. #7  
    A one-click phone w/ a dual slider? Big whoop.
  8. #8  
    Sprint will also be releasing 3 other phones to go along with the Pre on the 7th.
  9. #9  
    Since not everyone is getting a Pre, more phone options are always nice

    Now if only the other options included the EOS.... and Pre 2
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    another phone launch would not cloud the Pre release, unless it was something that was very compatible... (dont know what the sammy dual slider is)
    Exactly, the Samsung dual slider is a junker compared to the Pre. Both also aimed at different markets AND usually, those dual sliders are geared towards teens. Dumbphone vs Smartphone. No contest.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Exactly, the Samsung dual slider is a junker compared to the Pre. Both also aimed at different markets AND usually, those dual sliders are geared towards teens. Dumbphone vs Smartphone. No contest.
    I agree for teens who parents won't buy them a $199+ phone when a $100 or less phone will do the same thing mostly texting.
  12. #12  
    Speaking of other Sprint phones, what messaging feature phone should I pick up (for free or for cheap) with the new Pre? I see the Rant is free with blah, blah, blah, and the Lotus is $50 with Blah, blah.. Any thought for a QWERTY phone to complement the new Pre?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    It's probably just a feature phone, aimed at texting. If that's the case, it's not going to distract from the Pre, nor attract the same buyers.
    The exclaim has quite a number of social networking integrations, so it is aimed at the slider texting crowd but in a way the same as the Pre in that it aimed at taking them to data usage. My 14 year old sends hundreds of texts a week but had zero interest in changing his rumor for an 800w I had laying around. It is aimed at him, to push data usage with facebook etc, but that is no small demographic either.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Speaking of other Sprint phones, what messaging feature phone should I pick up (for free or for cheap) with the new Pre? I see the Rant is free with blah, blah, blah, and the Lotus is $50 with Blah, blah.. Any thought for a QWERTY phone to complement the new Pre?
    The Lotus gets all the best reviews....
    I played with it in the store. Its pretty nice.
  15. #15  
    hmmm. . when i read the title of the thread my immediate reaction was much different then many of the posts here. my first thougt - 'no, that would be stupid"

    the Pre is Sprint Iphone, or BB storm. havign anything else launch that day is silly. all of sprints resources should be focused 100% on the pre. doesn;t matter what the other products is. unless it;s related to the pre it should launch a different day
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by xrayman34 View Post
    Sprint will also be releasing 3 other phones to go along with the Pre on the 7th.
    Which ones?
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  17. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Which ones?
    samsung exclaim is one. Samsung Exclaim dual slider hitting Sprint next month?
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    It's probably just a feature phone, aimed at texting. If that's the case, it's not going to distract from the Pre, nor attract the same buyers.
    It actually makes sense to do this, while the Pre is a big draw, they want families on the plans. Having attractive phone options for the whole family when they come to the store makes fantastic business sense for Sprint. People generally bring their families when they change providers, need to make sure the second string is up to snuff.
  19. #19  
    The Lotus is pretty cool, I bought one for my friend and she loves it.

    My other friend works at Verizon and he has a Storm. I played with that thing for a while, and while the screen looks nice...I absolutely hate the interface. That clicking screen crap is just that...crap! I couldn't type worth a damn on that thing, and the browser seems mediocre too. Tried to bring up precentral on it, and the thing stalled out.

    I feel bad for the people that bought the Storm. What was even sadder was that I saw a couple coming in there who were on Sprint with Blackberrys and turned them in for 2 Storms. There was nothing I could say....so sad.
  20. NBENZ's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #20  
    Just saw this one over at BG , says it has a release date on june 7th, maybe the same as the pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions