Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    I like my Zune but will definitely not be holding off on buying the Pre!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    i love microsoft but they have failed me numerous times, now they wanna compete with the big boys. Roll eyes..
    They ARE a big boy, LOL!

However the Zune keeps getting cast as a loser, but it's actually a very good device. But it's also not a phone, so I don't get why they'd want us to hold off. Maybe from getting a new Touch, which is also rumored, but why an iPhone and/or Pre? Unless they're releasing a Zune Phone?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    oh well, just another phone,

but , competition is good
    I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Windows Mobile 6.5 device with Zune applications.

But let's not forget Windows Mobile is the primary reason I stayed away from the WM Treos.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    They ARE a big boy, LOL!

However the Zune keeps getting cast as a loser, but it's actually a very good device. But it's also not a phone, so I don't get why they'd want us to hold off. Maybe from getting a new Touch, which is also rumored, but why an iPhone and/or Pre? Unless they're releasing a Zune Phone?
    There was a link here somewhere about a Zune Phone. I found this: Rumor: Zune Phone Is Coming to CES 2009 | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Don't forget that Microsoft has the financial resources to knock any phone out of first place.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post

Don't forget that Microsoft has the financial resources to knock any phone out of first place.
    They do have the resources. They just can't make a phone to save their souls. Oh wait we are talking about M$ here, no soul to save.
    And Apple has a soul?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9.    #10  
    Despite this, WM sucks... and is more unusable than Symbian - which the original Windows CE copied. Symbian and WM are the epitome of idiotic UI.

Actually, no. The BB Curve has outsold all Winmob phones. I don't think putting MS's name on the top is going to convince people that Winmob is suddenly easy to use, nor will combining a Zune with a phone convince the billions of people who have avoided the Zune to buy one now.

Now then, if they built a phone based on the Zune OS, instead of Winmob, they might be on to something.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I most definitely will not be holding off to buy a Zune phone.
    I've waited anxiously long enough.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Which begs the question, why haven't they?
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Actually, no. The BB Curve has outsold all Winmob phones. I don't think putting MS's name on the top is going to convince people that Winmob is suddenly easy to use, nor will combining a Zune with a phone convince the billions of people who have avoided the Zune to buy one now.

Now then, if they built a phone based on the Zune OS, instead of Winmob, they might be on to something.
    I understand that is the way it sits today, but if Microsoft decided tomorrow that they want to be #1 in the mobile phone business, there is nobody that is going to get in their way, and if they do, they will be trampled upon.

Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    Which begs the question, why haven't they?
    Maybe that's what they are up to with the Zune phone.

Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Market cap of Apple 115.59B
    Market cap of MSFT Mkt Cap: 171.94B
    Market cap of PALM 1.57B
    Point being?
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Palm fan[boy]s may dislike WM... but the OS has a pretty strong casual user following as well as a solid presence in corporate environments. In fact without evening looking at the numbers, I would say WM phones are a lot more popular than Palm OS phones... wait, even Palm makes WinMo phones!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Point being?
    I think the point is Microsoft could give everyone in the United States a million dollars today and still be the wealthiest corporation in the world tomorrow.

I think the point is Microsoft could give everyone in the United States a million dollars today and still be the wealthiest corporation in the world tomorrow.
    Seriously, I always wondered how much money MS could give to every american, that would be an interesting statistic to know
    garinballbarin
    And yet for all of that money, they're consistently finishing behind "lesser" competitors in consumer electronics.

You said earlier "Don't forget that Microsoft has the financial resources to knock any phone out of first place."

But people thought the Xbox would do it to the Playstation 2. It didn't.
    The Xbox 360 couldn't overcome the Wii.
    The Zune couldn't touch the iPod.

It takes more than money to enter an established field and take the most marketshare. You gotta have a compelling product, and since Microsoft hasn't shown a compelling phone OS for consumers yet, it's hard to believe that they've not only licked that problem but got the hardware perfect as well.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast