Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 90 of 90
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    Microsoft denies Twitter-sourced Zune rumors

    "Update: Yep, the account is a fake -- the person who created has fessed up to pulling the hoax as a publicity stunt for some rambling iPhone piracy article he wrote, which is an excellent way to be ignored forever."
    But at the same time, there are some definite rumblings out there anyway:

    Microsoft "Pink" specs leak out: Tegra, Snapdragon, OMAP 3, oh my?
  2. #82  
    But at the same time, there are some definite rumblings out there anyway:

    Microsoft "Pink" specs leak out: Tegra, Snapdragon, OMAP 3, oh my?
    True true... but those rumblings are not happening in June I assume.
  3. #83  
    too bad the ignore function doesn't ignore quoted posts... Either side of the bed is the wrong side for him. And it'd be interesting to see if the rest of the phone would be as strong as the media side of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    Someone Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning....

    But on to the real thread topic. A Zune phone would be pretty cool. I would check it out. Still buying Pre. But the more competition the better at this point.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  4. Zyphlin's Avatar
    Posts
    564 Posts
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    #84  
    All those rumors mean bunk to me until they get Windows 7 out and even then it only matters to me IF they completely rehash the Windows Mobile interface to be Touch focused and not stylus focused.
  5. #85  
    Until I see as much video of Windows mobile 7 as WebOS I couldn't' care less what they promise.

    Desktop windows 7 is outstanding though.
  6. #86  
    Speaking of reasonable discourse, Mikah, you and I were discussing the Pre's specs and whether the Pre was positioned to compete now and in future versions. I submit that 8 GB on board and no expansion is not competitive. You disagree and thats fine. The issue I'd like to discuss however is, given Palm's history of great new innovative product then poor hardware upgrades, (see eg: the entire treo line.) I am concerned that the Palm still doesn't get it. They are near death because the whole smart phone world passed them up. Now they release savior flagship Pre that compares against Apple's OLD 8 gig model when it seems everyone knew 32gb was coming? the next Pre CANNOT be hardly incremental spec-wise. Why again has Palm earned your confidence that future specs will compete?
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
  7. #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman View Post
    Speaking of reasonable discourse, Mikah, you and I were discussing the Pre's specs and whether the Pre was positioned to compete now and in future versions. I submit that 8 GB on board and no expansion is not competitive. You disagree and thats fine. The issue I'd like to discuss however is, given Palm's history of great new innovative product then poor hardware upgrades, (see eg: the entire treo line.) I am concerned that the Palm still doesn't get it. They are near death because the whole smart phone world passed them up. Now they release savior flagship Pre that compares against Apple's OLD 8 gig model when it seems everyone knew 32gb was coming? the next Pre CANNOT be hardly incremental spec-wise. Why again has Palm earned your confidence that future specs will compete?
    I tread lightly here because I risk rehashing that boring old storage discussion, and that'd bring ole' Crog-y running back for sure. Don't want that.

    I think Palm has earned my confidence because I look at all of the specs of the Pre, not just the storage. And even if I thought 8GB was paltry (I don't, but I'd like to see 16GB announced maybe 6 months after), the Pre is way ahead of the curve in some very important areas.

    I said it before today, but having a capacitive touchscreen over 3 inches in size on a domestic CDMA carrier is huge. Sprint has nothing like it. The closest Verizon has is the Storm, which is...wanting to say the least. And even among GSM phones, it's still a pretty rare feature. So being forward-thinking enough to have that gives me some confidence.

    The Touchstone is also a very forward thinking accessory. It shows that they're spitballing some innovative hardware ideas.

    Jon Rubinstein is also a big plus in this department. The guy kicked Palm's complacency to the curb, and got them to be players again.

    Those are some pretty notable indicators to me that things done changed.
  8. #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    So, the list of smartphone operating systems that webOS has very little if no chance of overtaking:

    1) Windows Mobile
    2) Blackberry
    3) iPhone OS
    4) Symbian

    Is there really room for #5 long term? Maybe that's why they will say to hold off buying the Pre.
    I disagree. Maybe not over take in the next 24 months, but who would have thought a few years ago that Symbian would be running for its life and Apple would have a top mobile OS?
  9. #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Just like the Zune trampled Apple?

    What makes you think Microsoft hasn't wanted to be #1 all along? Microsoft doesn't get into any business to be number 2.
    Hate to say it, but Microsoft is already number 1. Really mobile "gadgets" and "games" are the only major arena where they aren't number one. But who cares? NO other software company can come close to installed software base. Well...maybe Adobe and Sun...but when it comes to Operating Systems and Office Software forget about it. Microsoft is Number 1.

    Mobile phones really aren't that big a deal when you look at that.
  10. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #90  
    On the positive side - if anyone actually delays buying a Pre, that will shorten the line for the rest of us
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions