Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by haydur View Post
    ^ I think you are trying to convince yourself of your own fallacy, and not me.
    Yeah, sorry for buttressing my point of view with four separate links/articles. I'll take your substance-free approach to debating next time.
    Unsubscribing from this thread.

3. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Um o rly?

Check NPD data for the past year. THe 360 (In america) has been consistantly outselling the ps3 month after month.

The Ps3 can not catch up in its current state.
    okay, are you serious ?

There are people living other side of Atlantic.
    And the movie industry is with Bluray.

Check out the prices on XBOX 360 , they are falling faster than you say BLUERAY
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Yeah, sorry for buttressing my point of view with four separate links/articles. I'll take your substance-free approach to debating next time.
    1) MS sells 10 million more units than the "Market Leader".

2) You counter that with opinionated articles / and say it's Sony's own fault.

Yes, I see you are a very good debater... I like that you don't give up against facts and figures.
    Would've been interesting to see what the fate of HD-DVD would've been had MS put it in the XBOX and not as an add on. I do like my Zune, but don't care for WinMob. I'd definitely entertain a Zune Smartphone if it came to Sprint. Nice thing with Palm abandoning PalmOS is that there's no reason to stay loyal to them, so it's easier to just focus on the features you want or need and not the brand of the phone.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I think the zune/xbox with a phone could be interesting. But if it has any sort of windows mobile 6.5 or less I will not even consider it.
  7. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts

Yes, I see you are a very good debater... I like that you don't give up against facts and figures.
    XBOX 360 was released a year earlier.
    Plus , there was a major decision by the movie industry to go with Bluray.

It is highly unlikely that XBOX 360 will beat PS3 on the Bluray thing.
    Most non gaming folks , who bought LCD TVs in the last five years are now ready to move to the Bluray thing.
    IMHO , SONY has advantage there.
    This topic seemed to have gone a little off. I went from Pre vs. Zune Phone to a Xbox 360 vs. PS3 thread.
    Follow Me On

9. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    So please, take ur MS bashing elsewhere... Wii as stated by the user above, is in a different class, it's a "casual console" not considered by serious gamers.
    agree with you on MS bashing, I love MS , and I use WinMo,
    I wish they make the Winmo better.
    MS is Slooooooooooooow when revamping their OS,
    Take a look at the
    Windows 95 to windows 98 to windows 2000 to Windows XP
    It took three plus years for them to come out with new OS.

APPLE released Cheetah, Puma Jaguar, Panther, Tiger and Leopard
    while moving from power PC processor to Intel based one ( this is a big deal).

APPLE is quick, MS is slow. I know that MS has to consider all the hardware vendors in their OS , but given the time they had , they should have come out bug free OS. ( talk about VISTA).

In spite of this I love WinMo, but I want it to perform bug free and faster.
    I hope Microsoft finally does something about it.

Look...I'm going to try reaaaaaaally hard to keep this from getting any more personal and tumultuous.

There are facts and figures, and there is context. Without the latter, you cannot understand the former.

Yes, it is true that Microsoft has more total sales of Xbox 360 than Playstation 3. But if you are to assert that Microsoft has "knocked out" Sony, then you must provide the context.

Did they launch at the same time? No. So immediately we can can discount raw total sales as our sole criterion for determining if MS "knocked out" Sony due to the huge lead Xbox 360 (launched a YEAR before PS3) amassed (at least 5 million in worldwide sales before the PS3 was available for purchase).

Let's explore further. How much of Sony's third place finish is attributable to Sony and how much is attributable to Microsoft? I've given you four separate steps (w/ supporting documentation) so far that were solely Sony's fault that contributed to this. You have given me none (i.e. something that Microsoft actually did to "knock out" Sony) that support your argument. Until you do, there's nothing serious about your position.

Finally, I gave you documentation - not opinionated articles, as you mistakenly suggested - that shows that Sony PS3 sales have - in consecutive quarters - matched and in fact SURPASSED Xbox 360. And if the PS3 was so "knocked out" by the Xbox 360, how would that be possible?

So anytime you want to respond to the above, then you would have a serious counterargument. Until then, simply repeating the "10 million more" figure devoid of context reflects poorly on your position, not me.

Ahh. No insults. No acrimony. Just reasonable discourse. Please take the time and effort to respond in kind. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    This topic seemed to have gone a little off. I went from Pre vs. Zune Phone to a Xbox 360 vs. PS3 thread.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

yawn...
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    yawn...
    Granted, this subject matter isn't as fresh or exciting as yet another microSD thread, but you could do like I did there and ignore it altogether - thereby showing how much it actually bores you - instead of weighing in just to complain.

Just sayin'....
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I like my Zune but will definitely not be holding off on buying the Pre!
    Well said. I have a Zune 120 and while its not as good as a Zen, its not bad for what it's worth. BUt no Zune phone will be close to the Pre.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Granted, this subject matter isn't as fresh or exciting as yet another microSD thread, but you could do like I did there and ignore it altogether - thereby showing how much it actually bores you - instead of weighing in just to complain.

Just sayin'....
    Someone Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning....

But on to the real thread topic. A Zune phone would be pretty cool. I would check it out. Still buying Pre. But the more competition the better at this point.
    i love MSFT but i could never buy a zune after seeing those pics of zune tattoo boy.
    How much more civil can a guy get? He doesn't wanna hold hands...I already asked.

Anyhoo, a ZunePhone would be interesting to a point, but if the Zune/iPod history is any indication, simply matching Apple (or slightly surpassing them) on features after they've run the table in a market doesn't produce successful results. They'd need a killer app on it like Hulu exclusivity or something to really make an impact.
    This thread is so far off topic I got a banner ad with shopping options for PS3, Wii, and DS.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    This thread is so far off topic I got a banner ad with shopping options for PS3, Wii, and DS.
    hahahah!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Microsoft denies Twitter-sourced Zune rumors

"Update: Yep, the account is a fake -- the person who created has fessed up to pulling the hoax as a publicity stunt for some rambling iPhone piracy article he wrote, which is an excellent way to be ignored forever."
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast