Yay!.. She got to actually hold it and play with it and Said it doesn't feel plasticy!. Touch screen sounds responsive.. Battery life once again is not answered though .. But overall sounds good!.. Of course I was going to get the Pre either way HAHA.
    Good one, thanks!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    i have a feeling that palm is going to drop a bomb on us about the battery life, and by bomb i mean a good bomb!! like much longer than expected talk/web browsing time!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    i have a feeling that palm is going to drop a bomb on us about the battery life, and by bomb i mean a good bomb!! like much longer than expected talk/web browsing time!!
    A bomb filled with flowers, chocolate and pudding?
    Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Doubtful. It's just not possible to magically make something use less battery when it's got such heavy battery sucking parts as cellphone radios, a Bluetooth radio, and Wifi. (Though Wifi will most likely be off most of the time.) Besides that, there's the screen to power as well.

They can be optimized slightly in newer revisions of the radios, but you're not just going to be able to magically double the battery life or anything. It'll be more than the Centro, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for much more than it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Doubtful. It's just not possible to magically make something use less battery when it's got such heavy battery sucking parts as cellphone radios, a Bluetooth radio, and Wifi. (Though Wifi will most likely be off most of the time.) Besides that, there's the screen to power as well.

They can be optimized slightly in newer revisions of the radios, but you're not just going to be able to magically double the battery life or anything. It'll be more than the Centro, but I wouldn't get your hopes up for much more than it.
    Your absolutely right, plus it is only 1150mah...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Actually I'm guessing (well, purely speculation) all those notifications are done with a push system similar to Blackberry's. Or else I don't believe the Pre can last any longer than a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonadeRDX View Post
    Actually I'm guessing (well, purely speculation) all those notifications are done with a push system similar to Blackberry's. Or else I don't believe the Pre can last any longer than a day.
    While that would help some, it doesn't matter too much, there's still the matter of needing the cell radio on and connected constantly, even if you're not getting data. Don't get me wrong, that'll help if it's true, but it's not going to be a miracle cure either. My brother has a Bold now and my sister has a Pearl, and they're not happy with battery life either.

Unfortunately, batteries are the one thing in which innovation hasn't kept up, so we're still very limited by them. At least with the Touchstone it'll be convenient to just put it on there and still even use the phone when I need to. I'm hoping it'll last through the work day while still syncing with my email all the time, plus a few calls and very little internet use, anything more than that is just an added bonus. (I do have heavy internet use at times, just not during the work day. ) Even still, if I'm that disappointed by the battery life, I might even buy a Touchstone for my desk at work, depending on how necessary it feels. Slightly annoying, but until there's a better solution out there, it's what we're stuck with.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    And what if the 'battery bomb' is an low-consumption OLED screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    And what if the 'battery bomb' is an low-consumption OLED screen?
    Not on the Pre, it has been confirmed as vga.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Not on the Pre, it has been confirmed as vga.
    Although the VGA started out as hardware, it denotes resolution, signal and/or color today. You mean LCD. Indeed...I found a few articles that say the Pre has a 3.1" TFT-LCD screen, and I'll assume that those who have had their hands around the Pre would have noticed if it was a OLED display or not. Darn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Although the VGA started out as hardware, it denotes resolution, signal and/or color today. You mean LCD. Indeed...I found a few articles that say the Pre has a 3.1" TFT-LCD screen, and I'll assume that those who have had their hands around the Pre would have noticed if it was a OLED display or not. Darn.
    Oh yeah I meant LCD. I don't knmow if an OLED screen would work outside as well as a LCD screen does.

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Oh yeah I meant LCD. I don't knmow if an OLED screen would work outside as well as a LCD screen does.
    Unfortunately, right now they don't work well outside.

Actually, they work just fine. You just can't see that it's working.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Man just sounds so good from all these reviews. At least it takes a Centro battery though so we can stuff that sedio extended battery in it if need be.