1.    #1  
    I don't know where to post this, so I'm just going to go ahead and post it here and hopefully I get some response. I haven't been able to come up with an answer.

I currently am a Sprint Premier customer for having the Everything Data 450 plan for $69.99. I just found out that my company has a partnership with Sprint that entitles me to an Employee Discount. I contacted customer service a few days ago and they told me the discount would be applied in 1-2 billing cycles. I just got to thinking, this discount is going to bring my monthly bill down below $69.99. I'll still be on the Everything Data 450 plan, but my Monthy Reoccuring Charge is going to be less than $69.99. Is this going to affect my S|P status? I really need it so that I can qualify for the upgrade price of the Palm Pre!

Edit: Just spoke with a customer service rep who sounded like she knew what she was talking about (take that for what its worth) and she said explicitly that a company discount should in "no way, shape, or form effect Premier eligibility".
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 05/11/2009 at 10:16 PM.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." 有. Ron Hubbard
    I've been wondering the same thing. Hopefully for you, you'll be able to get the Pre before 1-2 billing cycles is up. I think I'm personally going to wait until I get the Pre before I try and add my discount to it.
    1. my guess is that once you have S/P you have it until you leave or drastically reduce your plan.

2. are you expecting a corporate discount on the device?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    1. my guess is that once you have S/P you have it until you leave or drastically reduce your plan.

Nope, not expecting a company discount on the device. I believe that my company discount only allows for the monthly discount percentage. Fine by me, as I never even knew it existed before the other day. I just want to find out if I will still be eligible for the S|P early upgrade discount. If not, it means waiting a whole year until I'd be able to afford the phone.

Since June I have had Simply Everything, Everything Data 900, and now I'm on Everything Data 450. So, I'm hoping you're right about being able to keep the status for a while, as I've been paying over the $69.99 for a while now.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." 有. Ron Hubbard
    i had the exact same question. they SAY the discount takes up to two billing cycles, but i sent my info in a week ago and the bill i got over email today had the discount on it already.

i'm hoping it's based on pre-discount price. because even if i move up to the 900 minute plan, my discount (25%) will still keep it under $69.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    No, he's saying that with Premier, you get the new user /upgrade price after a year instead of 2, so if he no longer is qualified for Premier, then he's concerned about having to pay full price.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    No, he's saying that with Premier, you get the new user /upgrade price after a year instead of 2, so if he no longer is qualified for Premier, then he's concerned about having to pay full price.
    my question was with regard to possibly getting both. new contract price + device corporate discount.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by skippyrulz View Post
    i had the exact same question. they SAY the discount takes up to two billing cycles, but i sent my info in a week ago and the bill i got over email today had the discount on it already.

i'm hoping it's based on pre-discount price. because even if i move up to the 900 minute plan, my discount (25%) will still keep it under $69.99.
    Does it still have the S|P information when you login to your Sprint.com account?

I'm wondering if I should upgrade plans to Simply Everything ($99) for a couple months because that would put me just over $70 after the company discount. But then, ya know, who wants to pay more when you don't have to? And since my billing cycle ends on the 23rd, I'm not sure when I'd call in to avoid a pro-rated bill.
    I was just in a Sprint Store today inquiring about service and they implied with even my corporate discount, which would drop the Everything Data 900 plan below 69.99, I would still have S|P eligibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Does it still have the S|P information when you login to your Sprint.com account?

I'm wondering if I should upgrade plans to Simply Everything ($99) for a couple months because that would put me just over $70 after the company discount. But then, ya know, who wants to pay more when you don't have to? And since my billing cycle ends on the 23rd, I'm not sure when I'd call in to avoid a pro-rated bill.
    i just checked, and yes the premiere info is still on my account when i log in. but i don't know that that says much, since the bill with the discount just hit today. i dunno.

btw, the $99 SE plan is not available for the discount. i had the same idea, but they don't discount that one. just the 450 and 900.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by skippyrulz View Post
    btw, the $99 SE plan is not available for the discount. i had the same idea, but they don't discount that one. just the 450 and 900.
    That's right! I guess I could go with the Everything Data 900 and add the $7 insurance. That would put me right over the edge. But man, I probably should have just waited to apply my company discount. I guess we'll see what happens come launch. Let me know if you find out any info.
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 05/11/2009 at 10:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    I don't know where to post this, so I'm just going to go ahead and post it here and hopefully I get some response. I haven't been able to come up with an answer.

I currently am a Sprint Premier customer for having the Everything Data 450 plan for $69.99. I just found out that my company has a partnership with Sprint that entitles me to an Employee Discount. I contacted customer service a few days ago and they told me the discount would be applied in 1-2 billing cycles. I just got to thinking, this discount is going to bring my monthly bill down below $69.99. I'll still be on the Everything Data 450 plan, but my Monthy Reoccuring Charge is going to be less than $69.99. Is this going to affect my S|P status? I really need it so that I can qualify for the upgrade price of the Palm Pre!
    Dude, there are premier customers whose plans are less than 69.99....waaaay less... *cough* ... *cough*
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
    It's not just based on monthly prices, it also applies to account holders who have held accounts with Sprint for a certain period of time. (Can't remember)
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    It's not just based on monthly prices, it also applies to account holders who have held accounts with Sprint for a certain period of time. (Can't remember)
    Yeah, 10 freakin' years. I'm only at 5 years.

Anyway, I have talked to several people online who say I should not be effected by the discount, including a customer who says he is on Everything Data 450 w/ an Employee Discount and he is still Premier. So, this is looking like it will all work out for my being able to afford the Pre on launch. Yayuh!
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    I'm glad you put this question out there! This is exactly what I was thinking. I just signed up for Sprints service and got the 450 everything plan, but I also have a company discount. I guess I will see in 3 months, but it seems that it will allow to be a premier customer then.
    Details on Premier are found here ---> Sprint Premier

If you look at your bill, it shows your $69.99 "monthly recurring charge" and then it shows a discount for your corporate discount. You should be fine.
    Plus, I'm pretty sure it is no coincidence that this program has started here before the Pre rolls out so that more people will be able to get it with the discounted price.
    Eligibility requirements for Sprint Premier are simple: 1) For three consecutive months, consumer customers must be on an individual wireless plan of at least $69.99 per month or spend at least $99.99 per month on a plan that shares minutes, or 2) they must have been a Sprint wireless customer for at least 10 years. For complete rules about Sprint Premier, visit sprint.com/premiercustomer.
    Your wireless plan is 69.99, so you're good. Discounts are post that price so they shouldn't affect your eligibility. It doesn't say anything about spending a min of 69.99. So you should be fine. And I think once you're a Premier member you can't really lose that status unless you cancel the account.
    Other than the 12month discount thing, this program hasn't meant much else. Just keep in mind.. But heck, i like the 12 month part alone.