Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1. #2  
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  2. #3  
    BGR = grain of salt. Sorry.
  3. #4  
    Welp, we'll know soon enough. And even if they're wrong, BGR is helping to set expectations that Sprint/Palm will have to meet on the 19th or VERY soon thereafter.
  4. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Welp, we'll know soon enough. And even if they're wrong, BGR is helping to set expectations that Sprint/Palm will have to meet on the 19th or VERY soon thereafter.
    I'll give you that. It's a shame, I'd prefer this device not to be rushed to the degree it gets ruined... shouldn't be dictated by some crappy blogger.
  5. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I'll give you that. It's a shame, I'd prefer this device not to be rushed to the degree it gets ruined... shouldn't be dictated by some crappy blogger.
    don't you think that palm's logistic work is done at this point and the ball is now in Sprint's court? palm created the recipe, hired the chinese to bake the bread, put it in the bags, and ship it to Sprint. the bread is sitting in Sprint's warehouses or on their way there as we speak.
  6. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I'll give you that. It's a shame, I'd prefer this device not to be rushed to the degree it gets ruined... shouldn't be dictated by some crappy blogger.
    It's obviously 99 percent of the way there with the recent box images, reports of review units going out now, plus this.

    Palm and Sprint will be pulling the trigger on thier campaign within days, not weeks. It's a great feeling.
  7. #8  
    Ahh finally. I can ditch my Treo Pro and move to the Pre sooner than I anticipated!
  8. #9  
    Is everyone aware this is just an announcement of the heretofore unannounced release date? On 19 May Sprint could announce a release date of 29 June so I'm not sure I understand what all the excitement is about the announcement of an announcement date.
  9. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Is everyone aware this is just an announcement of the heretofore unannounced release date? On 19 May Sprint could announce a release date of 29 June so I'm not sure I understand what all the excitement is about the announcement of an announcement date.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
  10. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Is everyone aware this is just an announcement of the heretofore unannounced release date? On 19 May Sprint could announce a release date of 29 June so I'm not sure I understand what all the excitement is about the announcement of an announcement date.
    It will put an end to the endless speculation about the release date.

    Pretty big deal if you ask me!
  11. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    BGR = grain of salt. Sorry.
    Yeah BGR has gone down the toilet as far as credibility is concerned.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  12. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    It will put an end to the endless speculation about the release date.

    Pretty big deal if you ask me!
    Don't forget that this is from BGR, this is just more speculation about a date.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
  13. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Don't forget that this is from BGR, this is just more speculation about a date.
    Just saying...once we know when...we will all feel better...no more release date speculation threads.

    I hope BGR is right....be a nice to get some more info heading our way.
  14. #15  
    this is it......!
  15. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #16  
    Bout damn time!!!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  16. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    It's obviously 99 percent of the way there with the recent box images, reports of review units going out now, plus this.

    Palm and Sprint will be pulling the trigger on thier campaign within days, not weeks. It's a great feeling.
    It is. Only probably one or two weeks before the factory shipping of Pre, the OEM factory was hashing for some specific devices to conduct QA work on bluetooth
  17. #18  
    I just thought of something... Why the hell does Palm drag everything out so long??? Everytime they release things it is right at the end (or longer with the 700p MR) of the determined period. It would be nice to get things early...bah what the hell... the Pre is really coming out soon!!! woohooo!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  18. #19  
    I know that everything Pre is out of the norm, but is it customary for Palm or Sprint to make release date announcements in WSJ only... are they trying to revive the newspaper as well.... wouldn't it make a whole lot of since to make the announcement sometimes this week or next week during sweeps and major season finales
  19. #20  
    I'm sure it will be on the WSJ's web site before the print edition is out.
    Still, I'm going to buy one.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions