Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 45
  1. #21  
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I just thought of something... Why the hell does Palm drag everything out so long??? Everytime they release things it is right at the end (or longer with the 700p MR) of the determined period. It would be nice to get things early...bah what the hell... the Pre is really coming out soon!!! woohooo!
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." - Robert J. Hanlon
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvey View Post
    i have a feeling Ruby has a few tricks left up his sleeve.

    the falcon has heard the falconer.
  4. gbp
    gbp is offline
    gbp's Avatar
    Posts
    2,506 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    It will put an end to the endless speculation about the release date.

    Pretty big deal if you ask me!
    At this point its a not a big deal ,
    We have only a month before the original "First Half" announcement.

    With each passing day , PALM and SPRINT have no choice.
    I dare say them to postpone the DATE !!!!!!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    BGR = grain of salt. Sorry.
    I think BGR has had excellent record on Palm and Sprint leaks.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I think BGR has had excellent record on Palm and Sprint leaks.
    I'm not saying they are wrong either.

    BGR is self-serving at times... I hate the soapbox upon which they stand. They've been known to get a few things wrong (and right) in the past... it is what it is. At this point, I say it's just speculation and guessing.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvey View Post
    Thanks for the link, Garvey. Can we call you Steve? .

    ( ie. Steve Garvey of the San Diego Padres)
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." - Robert J. Hanlon
    A fine quote indeed, Gekko.
  9. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #29  
    Although it's just the possibility of an announcement. I'm hoping the report is correct and we will find out at least 3 things.

    1) The release date
    2) The price
    3) Which plans the phone will work with
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    I dare say them to postpone the DATE !!!!!!
    if they postpone the date then they both will FAIL.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    if they postpone the date then they both will FAIL.
    If they did that, a little part of me would just DIE inside. I doubt it though. They want to have this released before the iPhone most likely. Or, at least around the time of contract renewal for those first-day iPhone customers which was June 29, 2007.
  12. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #32  
    Ever notice who many people translate their personal ansgt into someone else's incompetance.

    Lighten guys, its not late until July.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Ever notice who many people translate their personal ansgt into someone else's incompetance.

    Lighten guys, its not late until July.
    The horror. The absolute, unbridled horror....
  14. #34  
    maybe they are waiting to launch it AFTER iphone 3.0? let iphone launch on June 8, get a few weeks of buzz, and then have the Pre come in and steal all of the thunder on June 30!

    BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." - Robert J. Hanlon
    hahaha
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    maybe they are waiting to launch it AFTER iphone 3.0? let iphone launch on June 8, get a few weeks of buzz, and then have the Pre come in and steal all of the thunder on June 30!

    BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think it may be just an announcement, but the phone will release by July. There was a September rumor, but I don't know about that one. But it would then take heat off the Pre, if true,
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I'm not saying they are wrong either.

    BGR is self-serving at times... I hate the soapbox upon which they stand. They've been known to get a few things wrong (and right) in the past... it is what it is. At this point, I say it's just speculation and guessing.

    Come on, it's either BGR or your 8-ball. I'd rather have something more than yes/no answers...

    BGR is best there is in terms of information.
  18. #38  
    No offense, Palm telling me FHo2009 is all I need. Just a phone...

    BGR causing silly season to get dumber is not what I need. That's my beef, not personal angst... so effing dramatic around here.
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Diction View Post
    Come on, it's either BGR or your 8-ball. I'd rather have something more than yes/no answers...

    BGR is best there is in terms of information.
    Reply hazy, please try again.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  20. #40  
    So, I got fed up with waiting and went to AT&T for a month. The iPhone is nice, but their monthly fee's are ridiculous and even though their call centers are in the United States, their customer support is terrible, so I'm back!

    Anyways, while I was at the Sprint Store last night I came across a rep that was extremely knowledgeable about the Pre. This is very atypical as most of you know, so my father, brother and I really pressed him for information. He assured us that early June was a very good speculation for the release date, but could not tell us the exact date he had been told. He also told us that May 19th either palm or sprint (he wasn't specific) would be giving a release date for the phone.

    I know that the Wall Street Journal is suppose to be presenting info on the 19th as well, so I'm sure this is what he was referring to. It's just nice to hear it from a Sprint Source rather than just another blog.

    (sorry about creating that new thread, I didn't see this one. Please forgive my bad forum manners!)
    Last edited by celsian; 05/15/2009 at 12:08 PM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions