Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Now we're cooking Baby!
  2.    #42  
    The date on the box as you guys noticed was probably the day when the box was sent for "Extreme-scenario Vibration Test"

There is a small sticker saying this in Chinese. My translation may be wrong. I simply don't understand what it means.

Let's hope the guy on Maxpda.com would scan more of those documents inside the box
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Might be a download.
    May be it's in the phone? Plug & play? My Magicjack does that.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

It's cool to see these, but we are still are looking at June 7.
    From that unboxing video, the Pre looks huge compared to the guy's hand. Maybe he has small hands :P
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    The IMEI number is cut off, otherwise we can try and punch it in to Sprint's "activate phone" app and try and see if it comes up or not.
    Just saw the unboxing......Can the Pre boot up THAT FAST?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Just saw the unboxing......Can the Pre boot up THAT FAST?!?!?
    1. webOS is not FrankenGarnet.
    2. if webOS does require boot time, i'm sure they pre-booted for the demo.

Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.
    I can't make out all the words, but I will try my best to translate this pic. The parts I can't see or translate correctly are italicized and labeled as "Something".

http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...ij2ljp9tbc.jpg

"Phone Configuration:
    To utilize your Palm Pre phone, you must accept Palm's terms & conditions and create a Palm Profile. Introducing a new direction in active connections [I think thats what I says].

Why do I need to create a Palm Profile?

A Palm Profile lets you access services like automatic updates, secure copies of your data & much more. Configuring a Palm Profile is more distinct than configuring email on your phone. To configure email, turn to page 11.

I have finished configuring the phone. Can I begin using it?

Yes, you may begin using your phone. Start something calls (pages 17-18), configure your email (page 11) and utilize other applications on the phone.

Something an application through the something of an update, touch something now. Palm will periodically send updates to improve your applications & for improved phone functionality.

How can I transfer data from my computer?

On your computer, check the email address you used to configure your Palm Profile. Something [I think it is "Click"] the link in the email message to verify your Palm Profile. The link will take you to a web site where you can transfer your data to your phone from organizers like Palm Desktop & Outlook. You can only do this once. This transfer is the way to move your data from your old Palm smartphone onto your new phone.

1) Ear piece
    2) Speaker (in the rear)
    3) Touchscreen
    4) Volume (consult page 18)
    5) Gesture area
    6) Microphone
    7) Center button. Press to go into card view.
    8) Orange button. Press to enter the numbers & symbols that are above the letters. Double press to lock in this mode.
    9) Uppercase button. Double press to lock in this mode.
    10) Space bar
    11) Camera lens & flash (in the rear)
    12) MicroUSB connector / Charge
    13) Backspace Button
    14) Enter Button
    15) Symbols Button. Press to enter characters like money symbols & accents.
    16) Headphone Jack
    17) Mute Button. Slide to toggle mute/unmute.
    18) On/Off Button. Press to turn of the screen. Hold to [can't see the rest. I will assume it says: "Hold to turn off the radio/go into Airplane mode"]"
    Last edited by Syphon; 05/11/2009 at 08:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I can't make out all the words, but I will try my best to translate this pic. The parts I can't see or translate correctly are italicized and labeled as "Something".

http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...ij2ljp9tbc.jpg

"Phone Configuration:
    To utilize your Palm Pre phone, you must accept Palm's terms & conditions and create a Palm Profile. Introducing a new direction in active connections [I think thats what I says].

Why do I need to create a Palm Profile?

A Palm Profile lets you access services like automatic updates, secure copies of your data & much more. Configuring a Palm Profile is more distinct than configuring email on your phone. To configure email, turn to page 11.

I have finished configuring the phone. Can I begin using it?

Yes, you may begin using your phone. Start something calls (pages 17-18), configure your email (page 11) and utilize other applications on the phone.

Something an application through the something of an update, touch something now. Palm will periodically send updates to improve your applications & for improved phone functionality.

[this paragraph is a little tough to see. I will get back to it]

1) Ear piece
    2) Speaker (in the rear)
    3) Touchscreen
    4) Volume (consult page 18)
    5) Gesture area
    6) Microphone
    7) Center button. Press to go into card view.
    8) Orange button. Press to enter the numbers & symbols that are above the letters. Double press to lock in this mode.
    9) Uppercase button. Double press to lock in this mode.
    10) Space bar
    11) Camera lens & flash (in the rear)
    12) MicroUSB connector / Charge
    13) Backspace Button
    14) Enter Button
    15) Symbols Button. Press to enter characters like money symbols & accents.
    16) Headphone Jack
    17) Mute Button. Slide to toggle mute/unmute.
    18) On/Off Button. Press to turn of the screen. Hold to [can't see the rest. I will assume it says: "Hold to turn off the radio/go into Airplane mode"]"
    nice. i'd love to know what the big paragraph says. thanks for your efforts.
    The pictures are just on schedule. Once these types of pictures begin to get "leaked" you know you'll be able to purchase one of your own soon. I think it's pretty much safe to say June 7th.

All of use TreoCentral forum junkies and now PreCentral forum junkies know how it all plays out. The retail boxes get to the carrier's retail store. Employees takes blurry pictures of the box and posts them online. Forum junkies go crazy because we've been in it together, waiting, waiting, waiting, and then we get pictures. The pictures give us hope that if they're at some stores we should be able to purchase them shortly. We keep checking stores, the forums, etc. someone posts they've bought the 1st one, but don't post any pictures yet, they finally do and we go apes**t (a real person has one). We're happy for the person, but we want our own. We finally get it, and we love it, it's the best device EVER. We post tips, apps, tricks, etc. It feels good after all this time, we made it to the end, got the device, and everyone is finally happy (some are not, can't please everyone).

Then the whole cycle begins with a brand new unreleased device. I must say, I love the community here. A ton of characters, smart people, funny people, never happy people, the list goes on. I just get a kick out of us constantly doing this same cycle, doing it so well, and here's to everyone getting a Pre asap!
    Jimmie Geddes
    speaking of forums - which is the dominant forum? or are they both the same? treocentral or precentral? what is the future? i'm so confused.
    I translated the bigger paragraph. I updated my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    The pictures are just on schedule. Once these types of pictures begin to get "leaked" you know you'll be able to purchase one of your own soon. I think it's pretty much safe to say June 7th.

All of use TreoCentral forum junkies and now PreCentral forum junkies know how it all plays out. The retail boxes get to the carrier's retail store. Employees takes blurry pictures of the box and posts them online. Forum junkies go crazy because we've been in it together, waiting, waiting, waiting, and then we get pictures. The pictures give us hope that if they're at some stores we should be able to purchase them shortly. We keep checking stores, the forums, etc. someone posts they've bought the 1st one, but don't post any pictures yet, they finally do and we go apes**t (a real person has one). We're happy for the person, but we want our own. We finally get it, and we love it, it's the best device EVER. We post tips, apps, tricks, etc. It feels good after all this time, we made it to the end, got the device, and everyone is finally happy (some are not, can't please everyone).

Then the whole cycle begins with a brand new unreleased device. I must say, I love the community here. A ton of characters, smart people, funny people, never happy people, the list goes on. I just get a kick out of us constantly doing this same cycle, doing it so well, and here's to everyone getting a Pre asap!
    DITTO. Couldn't have said it better myself.

On your computer, check the email address you used to configure your Palm Profile. Something [I think it is "Click"] the link in the email message to verify your Palm Profile. The link will take you to a web site where you can transfer your data to your phone from organizers like Palm Desktop & Outlook. You can only do this once. This transfer is the way to move your data from your old Palm smartphone onto your new phone.

very interesting. thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    speaking of forums - which is the dominant forum? or are they both the same? treocentral or precentral? what is the future? i'm so confused.
    It comes down to what device you're using, or looking into getting. All of the Smartphone Experts sites have the best forums. From CrackBerry, to the iPhone blog, WMExperts, AndroidCentral, they just have the best community/forums. I started with TreoCentral, now PreCentral is where I like to hang (no disrespect to the other sites).
    Jimmie Geddes
    Now to translate this pic. I will update this post when I finish.

http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...31gzxmguw7.jpg

"In the case of some notifications, you can tap on them to perform actions. In other cases, like the Calendar, the notification bar will offer options on how to open the date or discard it. If no actions are made on the notification bar after one second, this will convert into a small icon located on the bottom right of the screen. Touch the icon area to view the notifications. You can withdraw a notification on the side of the screen [the side button maybe?] to discard it."

"Airplane Mode"

"To make a call by contact name:
    Launcher or Card View > type in the first name, last name or the initials of the person > touch the number."

"To respond to a call press [green phone button]"

"To configure or listen to your voice mail: Bring up the Launcher > Call App > Voicemail icon > Listen to the instructions."

"Phone turned on" [you can see the Sprint logo, number of bars]
    "Phone turned off" [you can see it is now in Airplane Mode, airplane icon on the right]
    Last edited by Syphon; 05/11/2009 at 08:53 PM.
    this is turning out to be like the friggin Da Vinci code!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    I used Google language tools and here's the translated website:

Google Translate
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    It comes down to what device you're using, or looking into getting. All of the Smartphone Experts sites have the best forums. From CrackBerry, to the iPhone blog, WMExperts, AndroidCentral, they just have the best community/forums. I started with TreoCentral, now PreCentral is where I like to hang (no disrespect to the other sites).
    yes i understand there are a cadre of other device sites. but what i'm confused about is this - isn't treocentral a sister to precentral? but the pres are heavily discussed on both? with redundant articles and forums? or are they the same? if i'm not me, who am i? i'm so confused.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast