Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonadeRDX View Post
    Ok The story I reconstruct from another source is basically like this:

After several delays, Palm was able to produce several alpha devices in Dec. But because it made too much use of the cutting-edge technology, the mass production was once again delayed for almost one quarter and the release date was pushed far back from Mar/Apr to June.

A person related to this issue tipped in Dec (before the CES) with the production schedule and the information on the phone itself, which was proved to be accurate. So I grant credibility to him.

Basically, one sentence, because Palm was so concentrated in "cutting edge", those people might have no time in "cutting loss" and "cutting delay". I have waited for almost half a year for exactly this phone
    I wonder what it was in the manufacturing of the phone that was so cutting edge as to cause a delay. The slider seems like a pretty simple thing. It is small, but not unbelievably so. Perhaps the new TI processor? Or maybe the touchscreen with its curved surface? I think I heard somewhere about the touchscreens being an issue in manufacturing.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I wonder what it was in the manufacturing of the phone that was so cutting edge as to cause a delay. The slider seems like a pretty simple thing. It is small, but not unbelievably so. Perhaps the new TI processor? Or maybe the touchscreen with its curved surface? I think I heard somewhere about the touchscreens being an issue in manufacturing.
    My bad.

I meant the technology itself, including the touchscreen, the gesture area and some others I don't know. It seems assembly process was relatively easy.

I also heard Palm spent a lot of time to pick up the right CPU for Pre
    My bad.

I meant the technology itself, including the touchscreen, the gesture area and some others I don't know. It seems assembly process was relatively easy.

I also heard Palm spent a lot of time to pick up the right CPU for Pre
    Should of been a Core 2 Quad
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Should of been a Core 2 Quad
    Absolutely right and we will have probably 10 minutes of talking time I have been wishing for an all day laptop without too much compromises on common features, but my dream is always successfully defeated by Intel's technology.
    Absolutely right and we will have probably 10 minutes of talking time I have been wishing for an all day laptop without too much compromises on common features, but my dream is always successfully defeated by Intel's technology.
    Dell has some laptops that get over 18 hours of battery life. I get 6.5 hours out of mine with a C2D
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

I plan on purchasing either through telesales or on the Website. Hope they don't go on backorder too quickly.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintDaddy View Post
    What about Best Buy's, Telesales, 3rd party resellers, etc.
    lol You really think there are that many? But even still at 20k, thats still like 17 per store. And thats saying each store gets the same amount (which they won't)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Dell has some laptops that get over 18 hours of battery life. I get 6.5 hours out of mine with a C2D
    Doesn't your arm get tired holding your laptop up to your ear to talk?
    why didnt anybody tell me there was a waiting list already.....
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    I'm not so sure that's not enough to cover the initial demand.
    i'm sure there will be more than enough. Apple and BB already took the bulk of the market. Palm is screwed. They are left with a small percentage
    Quote Originally Posted by fuuuuuuuu View Post
    i'm sure there will be more than enough. Apple and BB already took the bulk of the market. Palm is screwed. They are left with a small percentage
    Troll much?
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    There are only about 400k Sprint subscribers left, thats more than enough Pre's for all of us.

That was sarcastic for those that didn't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Doesn't your arm get tired holding your laptop up to your ear to talk?
    Nope, and they are easy to carry around too!

374,999 left after I get mine on June 7.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    374,999 left after I get mine on June 7.
    thought you were getting an iphone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    Come on...he can't possibly sustain his anti-Pre/pro-iPhone arguments much longer without fresh ammo in the form of actually owning the device!

That's...a joke, Mob-y. I'm actually anxious to read your genuine take on it when you get one. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I am. Whats your point?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Come on...he can't possibly sustain his anti-Pre/pro-iPhone arguments much longer without fresh ammo in the form of actually owning the device!

That's...a joke, Mob-y. I'm actually anxious to read your genuine take on it when you get one. Seriously.
    I love my current iPhone. I also like my Blackberry 8900 and Blackberry Bold. Doesn't mean any of these devices are perfect as they all have some issues.

I hate to break it to you guys, but the Pre won't be perfect either.
    I love my current iPhone. I also like my Blackberry 8900 and Blackberry Bold. Doesn't mean any of these devices are perfect as they all have some issues.

I hate to break it to you guys, but the Pre won't be perfect either.
    No news here. As I've said before, I can cite flaws in it before I ever put my hands on one.

Still think it's the best - conceptually - featured handset on the market. If the execution holds, I don't see it being topped for a bit.
    No desktop sync, only 8 gig, smallish screen, and possibility of a bad keyboard, no international calling, Sprint........ kind of scare me.

but I will be getting one anyway
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast