Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast
    Probably not true for two reasons:

1 Around 400k units already manufactured probably a month ago. So even they discover problems now, the stock still should be way higher than 150K

2 Foxconn International in fact is based in Shenzhen (instead of Hong Kong) and registered in Caymans. I wonder if the reporter knows what he's talking about.
    Last edited by LemonadeRDX; 05/27/2009 at 02:51 PM.
    Doesn't Foxconn make the iPhone for Apple too? Maybe Apple is playing dirty and slipping the Foxconn people a few extra bucks to "create" problems? If Apple feels like they are being ripped off by the Pre copying them, who knows how low they'll stoop.
    Man, I'll tell ya though, if he IS right, I am a little scared since he mentioned hardware problems. Don't need that.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    Doesn't Foxconn make the iPhone for Apple too? Maybe Apple is playing dirty and slipping the Foxconn people a few extra bucks to "create" problems? If Apple feels like they are being ripped off by the Pre copying them, who knows how low they'll stoop.
    They have all the money in the world, so they would be able to afford that .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    the 30k speculation was BEST BUYS allocation guys....not all of sprint...the original LOW spec was 400k
    Mike (FOOmanJEW) Jaret-Schachter
    Running With Scissors
    Producer
    www.runningwithscissors.com
    www.twitter.com/mikejaret
    I am tired of speculations.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    i just want my re-up date changed from 7/1 to 6/6. i was told no.
    Here's something else you might be able to try... Sprint allows 30 days to try a phone. So, buy the phone at full price and on 7/1, return it and repurchase it with the 2-year contract.
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    Do you think that there will be more palm pre phones in sprint stores because they aren't going to be sitting at a factory dedicated for sprint telesales?
    Quote Originally Posted by fry8 View Post
    Do you think that there will be more palm pre phones in sprint stores because they aren't going to be sitting at a factory dedicated for sprint telesales?
    That would make sense. But you figure they need some for biz sales.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    5th or 6th..i don't care. Either will have lines. But i don't think it'll be too bad considering many still don't know about it.
    That's my line of thought too. Of everyone I've asked (most of them recently), not a single sould knew at the Pre (many knew about Palm, though), with quite a few being iPhone/BB users.

I think we're going to do okay on the 6th. But I'll still be up and early (3hrs early at least) that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    That would make sense. But you figure they need some for biz sales.
    There can't be that many business sales to make a significant dent on the inventory. The fact that there won't be telesales/online ordering and BBY/RS/WM will also get limited inventory, it's looking good for those planning to go bright and early to their local Sprint store.
    I just called 4 stores and got 4 different answers to how they are handling the launch.
    1st one had no idea about the Pre.

2nd one said 1st come first serve when they open the doors at 9am.

3rd one is having you come in on the 5th and be put on a reserve list to buy one on the 6th but they can't sell them until 6pm on the 6th or Sprint will punish them by not sending them any Pre phones for 12 months. They are expecting 20.

4th store just put me on a list and said they are reserving them.
    They are expecting 25.

I can't believe it's so disorganized.
    There's only one sure fire way of getting one -- get up way early and get to the Sprint store.
    I will wake up at 5 a.m., take a quick shower, and drive 45 minutes to my closest Sprint store.
    That'll give me a 2 hour wait, thank God I have a comfy lawn chair and a Slingbox on my Treo 700p (plus an extra battery).
    If only a couple of people are ahead of me, I'll hit Panera for some coffee.
    It should be a great day. Cross your fingers.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    There's only one sure fire way of getting one -- get up way early and get to the Sprint store.
    I will wake up at 5 a.m., take a quick shower, and drive 45 minutes to my closest Sprint store.
    That'll give me a 2 hour wait, thank God I have a comfy lawn chair and a Slingbox on my Treo 700p (plus an extra battery).
    If only a couple of people are ahead of me, I'll hit Panera for some coffee.
    It should be a great day. Cross your fingers.
    Yeah, I know. Good luck. I remember camping for the PS3. We had a blast, but it was freezing here in Michigan. I have one ordered on line and I talked to them yesterday and they are "sure" they are going to ship it to me on the 6th. But I'll be calling them from the line and if it's a short line I'm cancelling with them. These guys had a sweet deal going. You get the Pre, Tochstone, back cover, and car charger for $179 after Sprint $100 MIR and their $30 MIR.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I know that it was a bit of a bombshell that Best Buy will only receive about 4 Pre's per store. I was a little dismayed myself. However, for those of you who do not mind mail-in-rebates, I have good news.

I opened the faucet of information about each store being able to choose for itself to have a "Pre" pre launch party, and from those same souls I have the inventory numbers at Sprint corporate stores.

Each store will be allocated at least 30 Pre's, with some receiving as many as ONE HUNDRED. For full disclosure, this is in Utah, but I would imagine that larger markets will be towards the high end of that range, and more rural stores will be around the 30 range.

So far I am batting 1.000 with my informants. I think that they are correct on this one as well.!
    Where in UT? What county or any specific cities?
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    These guys had a sweet deal going. You get the Pre, Tochstone, back cover, and car charger for $179 after Sprint $100 MIR and their $30 MIR.
    Share the wealth, my good sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by matt351 View Post
    I went to my local store and spoke to the Pre advocate. She said they were originally going to sell the Pre to Premier customers on the 5th from 6 to midnight but she got an e-mail saying to cancel. She said it was cancelled because too many people knew about it and corporate was worried that the phones would be sold to anyone that came in the store and not premier customers. Although it's cancelled for now, I have a feeling we will be getting an e-mail much closer to the 6th and it will be required to print that e-mail to get the phone early.
    I went to my local Sprint corporate store today. The advocate basically said the same thing. They were suppose to have the store open on the 5th from 6 PM to midnight for Premier customers. But, they too, were told by Sprint to cancel that. She did tell me they were receiving a good amount of Pre's and if I get there on Saturday at 8 AM, I should have no problem getting one. She also gave me her card, with a special number to call on Friday, around 3 PM, because their is a possibility a Premier Customer still might be able to get the Pre on Friday night. But this time with no promotion about it or fanfare. Basically it will be secretive. Just a few Premier customers getting their phone. Again, Sprint could send down a memo and tell all stores not to do this. My fingers will be crossed on Friday the 5th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carioca_FL View Post
    Share the wealth, my good sir!
    It's the guys over at sprintshops.com, they had a page set up just for preordering. They have since discontinued the page, but it was palmpre.sprintshops.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    I went to my local Sprint corporate store today. The advocate basically said the same thing. They were suppose to have the store open on the 5th from 6 PM to midnight for Premier customers. But, they too, were told by Sprint to cancel that. She did tell me they were receiving a good amount of Pre's and if I get there on Saturday at 8 AM, I should have no problem getting one. She also gave me her card, with a special number to call on Friday, around 3 PM, because their is a possibility a Premier Customer still might be able to get the Pre on Friday night. But this time with no promotion about it or fanfare. Basically it will be secretive. Just a few Premier customers getting their phone. Again, Sprint could send down a memo and tell all stores not to do this. My fingers will be crossed on Friday the 5th.
    The Sprint store that was going to be selling them on the 5th at 6pm, just called me back (minutes ago) to tell me that Sprint pulled the plug on that. There will be 10 stores that will be selling them on the 5th, but they couldn't tell me where.
    You used to be able to see the stores with the Special hours via the Find A Store link on Sprint.com. However, the stores no longer seem to have that information. I am guessing because they want those stores to be a secret to most people.
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 278910111213 LastLast