Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckywildcats View Post
    Its 5 times more than 30,000. I will take that as good news
    yes...everyone quit having babies. its pure speculation. its way better than 30,000 and the numbers are just going to grow
    FOLLOW ME
    http://twitter.com/TeckieGirl
    TeckieGirl Official website
    [url]http://www.TeckieGirl.com
    Am I'm I the only one who thinks after reading the part about hardware and software problems a week before launch is a small problem ....

If this article has any truth to it whatsoever (Hopefully not) it seems as if the first batches may have some lemons in it
    Quote Originally Posted by Impulsebuyer View Post
    Am I'm I the only one who thinks after reading the part about hardware and software problems a week before launch is a small problem ....

If this article has any truth to it whatsoever (Hopefully not) it seems as if the first batches may have some lemons in it
    Every first batch has lemons in them. It is a fact of industry.
    Last edited by Eguy; 05/26/2009 at 07:52 PM.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    It's a palm tradition actually. <crosses fingers>
    stupid article. But thanks OP for sharing
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    I've spent about an hour on two different occasions with different sprint reps over the past day trying to figure out what the deal is for Sprint Premier users and the Palm Pre (i.e. can I purchase one before the June 6th date).

After getting transferred a number of times to managers, retention, telesales, blah blah blah, basically the answer I always get is that nobody knows anything other than telling me to go sign up online (which I've done a number of times with no results). So here are my questions/comments:

1. Has anybody (who is a Premier customer) been able to find any information about getting the phone before the 6th (other than being invited to one of the parties)?

2. One Sprint rep told me that you should have received a flyer with a phone number on it to call to sign up early (not sure if he meant by mail or e-mail). Has anybody received this flyer?

3. Interesting side note: One rep kept telling me that because the Pre is a 3G/4G phone it will only be available in some cities. Repeated this a number of times (although I wasn't convinced she had a clue what she was saying).

In general none of the reps seemed to know much about the phone, the release (let alone what the Sprint Premier program).

Thanks in advance for any light you can shine on this!
    I went to a store yesterday and they told me that they are not selling the phone early at all. I told them I signed up on the Sprint site, but they said they got an email telling them that they are to sell the phone only on the 6th.
    I told them I am a premier customer, but they said that did not matter it is first come first serve on the 6th, they just told me to be there early.
    I think they originally intended to do something early (June 5) for Premier customers and/or those who signed up an email (which, btw, I got one from Palm but not Sprint yet), but due to inventory on the device being tight on launch day, they have changed course. I had two local stores tell me a week ago they knew about the Friday event but it was still not confirmed. Now I think that has disappeared.
    i just want my re-up date changed from 7/1 to 6/6. i was told no.
    If you read around, they are not doing anyone any favors as they figure they will sell a crap load of these without special deals. I am sure that may change 6 months from now.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    If you read around, they are not doing anyone any favors as they figure they will sell a crap load of these without special deals. I am sure that may change 6 months from now.
    ...and you wanna wait 6 months from now...
    Yeah my local store also was originally going to do something on the 5th at 6pm but got told by Sprint to cancel it and only the 10 flasgship stores will do it by invatation only. Glad i got my date changed from 10/1 to june 1 already. I called them back about the premier partys and the woman told me they are doing nothing for premier custoimers anymore by sprints orders. Every premier customer must be calling. That stinks. wheres the benefit of being a premier customer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    ...and you wanna wait 6 months from now...
    Not me, but some have to or pay up!

Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    Yeah my local store also was originally going to do something on the 5th at 6pm but got told by Sprint to cancel it and only the 10 flasgship stores will do it by invatation only. Glad i got my date changed from 10/1 to june 1 already. I called them back about the premier partys and the woman told me they are doing nothing for premier custoimers anymore by sprints orders. Every premier customer must be calling. That stinks. wheres the benefit of being a premier customer?
    Agree - when I originally saw the Premier program and then read want it took to get in it, I was like thanks for the $150/yr upgrade, but that's pretty much it.
    Not saying the $150 discount yearly isnt nice but the brocure had mention of benefits, early purchase options etc. I know sprint is letting some premier customers purchase on 6/5 and personally dont have a flagship near me so I dont really care BUT also annoying that the option isnt for all premier customers. But also understand that sprint wants new customers more than they want customers that they currently have under contract.
    Okay. So I just contacted a sprint store in my area, and the chick basically said that there are no plans to sell the pre on no other date than the 6th. I asked about the Premiere and she said that we (customers) will know before they (Sprint retail associates) will know anything. If there is any new info. it will come out a couple days before launch on the 6th to us Premiere customers. She was willing to take my name and number to call me if she gets any new info. which I was surprized because I did not mention anything about being contacted. She was forthgoing in getting my contact info.
    5th or 6th..i don't care. Either will have lines. But i don't think it'll be too bad considering many still don't know about it.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I went to my local store and spoke to the Pre advocate. She said they were originally going to sell the Pre to Premier customers on the 5th from 6 to midnight but she got an e-mail saying to cancel. She said it was cancelled because too many people knew about it and corporate was worried that the phones would be sold to anyone that came in the store and not premier customers. Although it's cancelled for now, I have a feeling we will be getting an e-mail much closer to the 6th and it will be required to print that e-mail to get the phone early.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    i just want my re-up date changed from 7/1 to 6/6. i was told no.
    The same thing with me. The Retentions Rep that they finally transferred me to told that that and then hung up on me. Apparently they're having a LOT of people calling in trying to get their upgrade date changed so they can get the phone for cheap, and the Retentions Manager told that their CEO/CFO (one of them) sent out a mandate saying they cannot do any favors for anyone regarding the Pre until it comes out.

She said that once it is out available to be ordered via telesales, I can call in and they can maybe negotiate something at that point. She said she can't speculate on any offers they might make me on the Pre because they were specifically told not to do so, but she slyly indicated that you might be able to call in on the 5th and get $150 off a phone (but not the $100 MIR) even if it's not your upgrade time yet.

I kept pressing for more details or a note on my account about the $150 off, or something that would show up @ the Sprint Store's computers so I could go buy it in person on the 5th or 6th, and she got very upset and hung up on me.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matt351 View Post
    I went to my local store and spoke to the Pre advocate. She said they were originally going to sell the Pre to Premier customers on the 5th from 6 to midnight but she got an e-mail saying to cancel. She said it was cancelled because too many people knew about it and corporate was worried that the phones would be sold to anyone that came in the store and not premier customers. Although it's cancelled for now, I have a feeling we will be getting an e-mail much closer to the 6th and it will be required to print that e-mail to get the phone early.
    as it should be required to bring in the e-mail. They should even do some type of bar code on the e-mail that the rep has to scan it, in order for someone to even buy the phone. I was thinking we'll get an e-mail that Wednesday or Thursday before launch.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    The one store in town here that I deal with said a few weeks ago that they would be getting "at least 30" Pre's so that matches your info. They also said they would know for sure how many they would get on the 27th
    Being that it's now the 27th, have you heard any official numbers?
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast