Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan View Post
    The one store in town here that I deal with said a few weeks ago that they would be getting "at least 30" Pre's so that matches your info. They also said they would know for sure how many they would get on the 27th
    Just called a few more stores. One said that they were informed by upper management that their store would be receiving 75 due to the high volume of their store. The other two were told that they would see about 30 or so, and depending on how quickly they sold through that number the would most likely see another shipment the following weekend.

It appears that most Sprint corporate stores are getting a larger number than originally thought. Good news all around.
    Holy Hell!!!
    Ok... Ehemmm... It isn't so
    its that kumar fool he hates palm. didnt he say last time that palm was not gonna meet its deadline for 1st half of 09.
    I think Palms biggest threat is cashflow.

They have negative cash flow are technically insolvent total liabilities > total assets.

They have to pay Foxconn and then wait for Sprint to pay them. Assuming they paid foxconn a few months back - expect Sprint first payments not to hit till September they need to find cash to cover their operations.
    I say it ain't so... Jokes aside, i hope its not true
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    its that kumar fool he hates palm. didnt he say last time that palm was not gonna meet its deadline for 1st half of 09.
    yeah..my initial thought was exactly the same thing, except all he is doing by discussing his "inside info" is increase the hype, lines and demands...
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Kumar is the analyst guy who hates the Pre, right? Well, I don't believe him.
    As to Kumar - alot of Analysts are paid cheerleaders.
    It's better than 30,000!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    yeah, take that with a grain of salt b/c the typos in that article are inexcusable!! oh and that kumar guy is starting to rub me the wrong way!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    "it Ain't so!!!"

There! I said it.
    Latest Analyst Comments by Ashok Kumar of Collins Stewart - Alacra Street Pulse

Yeah he is very negative. I wonder if he holds any positions.

Hahahahahahah

Lets not worry his virtual portfolio is down 24.4%

Market Rap - Ashok Kumar Oversight

Read the comments - hilarious

This guy is not tuned in.
    Where is Boardroom Jimmy when you need him?
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by no1smartphone View Post
    I think Palms biggest threat is cashflow.

They have negative cash flow are technically insolvent total liabilities > total assets.

They have to pay Foxconn and then wait for Sprint to pay them. Assuming they paid foxconn a few months back - expect Sprint first payments not to hit till September they need to find cash to cover their operations.
    I agree. Palm and Sprint have not been the most profitable companies lately. Im sure that they will have investors lined up but they need money for a lot of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by no1smartphone View Post
    Latest Analyst Comments by Ashok Kumar of Collins Stewart - Alacra Street Pulse

Yeah he is very negative. I wonder if he holds any positions.

Hahahahahahah

Lets not worry his virtual portfolio is down 24.4%

Market Rap - Ashok Kumar Oversight

Read the comments - hilarious

This guy is not tuned in.
    He down graded apple after they beat his expectations and analyst expectations. hes a lame
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneAfter909 View Post
    Where is Boardroom Jimmy when you need him?
    Boardroom Jimmy says to go long on the cabbage industry! It's a growth market! Short the blueburrrrries....

Jimmy needs to bring that character back - don't get me wrong, I love good old Ted Sheckler as much as the next dope, but he and his emporiums are getting a bit overplayed...
    Its 5 times more than 30,000. I will take that as good news
    Direct quote from Barron's
    "Analyst: Palm Pre Units Could Be Under 150K
    Posted by Tiernan Ray

A little over a week before the introduction of Palm’s (PALM) “Pre” smartphone, Collins Stewart analyst Ashok Kumar re-emphasized today that Palm and its Hong Kong-based manufacturer Foxconn International are having problems producing high volumes of the Pre."

As far as I am aware, Foxconn is a Taiwan based company with factories in China.

How credible is this Kumar guy? What is his working history and track record of his recommendations? Anyone care to share?