1.    #1  
    had a windows mobile phone for a long time really like having a file explorer like a real computer so i can move files around and change things.does anyone know if there will anything like that on pre
    Unknown. You should be able to do that with your computer when hooked up via USB host mode, but whether you can do so on device is not known.

But I don't see any reason why they wouldn't do such a thing.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  3.    #3  
    i never had a plam phone before do any of the other models of palm phones have something like a file explorer?
    yes, there was always a palmOS file manager called "files"-- plus some 3rd party ones free and paid.

personally I'm hoping resco.net will get there explorer functioning on the Pre. It has file sync options over wireless or bluetooth -- might be possible to use it as a basic desktop sync for old palm apps?
    Last edited by frantid; 05/11/2009 at 11:27 AM.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
  5.    #5  
    thanks frantid . so the ones that u mentioned are they similar to the windows mobile version and give u complete control over moving files around?
    yes, but there are limited places you can go on the phone itself - on the ram or on a SD card for old treo's. But you could always move things where ever you wanted on an ftp server, etc. resco even has a text or hex editor, picture viewer, zipper, encryption.

resco is my favorite -- maybe it will work with classic?, check it out here:
    Resco Explorer 2009 for Palm OS
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoonick View Post
    i never had a plam phone before do any of the other models of palm phones have something like a file explorer?
    They didn't come with one, frankly because the Palm OS didn't have a file system: everything was just dumped into the root directory.

There were applications for browsing that root directory as well as any SD cards you had inserted (I am a fan of FileZ, personally), but generally that was only to go in and delete/send things that I couldn't do with Palm OS's relatively primitive delete/send tools
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    resco is my favorite -- maybe it will work with classic?, check it out here:
    Resco Explorer 2009 for Palm OS
    +1

Had/have that on my Treos/Centro...
    That is the best file explorer I have ever seen, I HOPE they port it to webOS. Resco produces great apps