Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm curious as to what folks plan on buying the same day they buy their Pre. Since we're getting (assumably) close to the release date, may as well start comparing lists now. Who knows, maybe some of us will come up with some new ideas. Here's mine:

1) Touchstone "kit", plus at least one (possibly two) additional chargers. I work out of two office (plus my home), and the phone always being charged and working is important to me.

2) New BT headset. I have one I'm happy with (Plantronics Voyager 910), but it doesn't do stereo, I'm probably going home with (or ordering, if I do it all onlilne) something new.

3) A skin, if one is available

4) Semi - "same day", if I get it home and none of the holsters I have for my old Treo's work for it, I'll buy a new holster. I've gotten used to dropping my Treo in my pocket, but I think I'm going to try to avoid that with the Pre - at least at first.
    Last edited by hparsons; 05/11/2009 at 10:57 AM.
    i'm anticipating my bill on day one will be -

Pre with Wall Charger = $300
    Touchstone Kit with Back = $100
    Extra Wall Charger for Travel Bag = $30
    Car Charger Adapter with Cable = $30

$460 Total

i'm assuming that phone-capable headphones will already come with the device.
    Case and car charger for now, an extra AC charger later.
    Now that I think about it, I have a Garmin Street Pilot GPS that came with a USB type AC charger. I wonder if it would work with the Pre?
    I'll also wait for the Touchstone to come down to $30-40.
    case... maybe a skin if available
    If they had a car "kit" with mount, I'd get that day one.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    A Pre (of course) and a Touchstone. I've already got the holster.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    A Pre (of course) and a Touchstone. I've already got the holster.
    Out of curiosity, what holster do you have? All of mine at home are for the Treo. Some are designed specifically for it (snap-in type), and some are more generic. I'm hoping the more generic ones are small enough for the Pre, but am still not real sure of the size, since I haven't held one yet.

Of course, you may already be fully aware of how well it fits holsters... huh? ...
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    case... maybe a skin if available
    I'm with you - everyone else must have more money than I do.

The Palm website already offers two Pre hosters. I like the one with the magnetic closure. Here's the link if you haven't seen them yet:

Palm.com : Shop
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Out of curiosity, what holster do you have? All of mine at home are for the Treo. Some are designed specifically for it (snap-in type), and some are more generic. I'm hoping the more generic ones are small enough for the Pre, but am still not real sure of the size, since I haven't held one yet.

Of course, you may already be fully aware of how well it fits holsters... huh? ...
    Oh absolutely, I'm typing this on my Pre right now. I wish!

I have a Nutshell leather top-load pouch holster right now for my Treo and got a new smaller one for the Pre (based on the measurements that Palm has provided us). It's a simple pouch, but the one I've had for my Treo has lasted four years on my hip and is still in good condition.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Well I'll be ordering online, hopefully through the Everything Plus program, so I won't be getting anything right on day one. I think for now all I'll be getting is whatever comes in the box with the Pre. The Touchstone "Kit" is way too expensive for my taste and as cool as it is, I don't believe the added convenience is worth it.

I already have a micro USB charger from my current phone so I won't need to buy an extra one (will most likely keep one at work since I'll be listening to Pandora all day). The one thing I will get is the Car charger, but I'll probably wait to get one third party so it's not such a rip off.
    There's no reason to spend tons of money on chargers. Micro usb chargers can be had for less than $10.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Milk, bread, and we will probably be out of Diet Coke.

I'll be waiting at least a month. plenty of time play with it in store, have a better idea of what applications are coming and watch a couple hundred hands on reviews.
    Innocell 1350 Extended Life Battery (Innocell 1350 Extended Life Battery) $39.99
    Spanning Sync (Spanning Sync - Sync iCal and Google Calendar) $25/year or $65 one-time fee
    Motorola MicroUSB Car Charger (http://store.precentral.net/motorola.../5A47A3044.htm) $14.95
    Palm Leather Slide Case (http://www.palm.com/us/products/acce...side-case.html) TBA, I'm guessing $24.99
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Assuming Pre is $199:

Immediate
    -2x Pre on Everything data shared plan $130
    -1x $200 ETF to t-mobile

Soon:
    -2x 1350mAh extended batteries once I have found some on ebay with good reviews
    -4x Touchstone once I have found an old buddy to get me them with the Best Buy employee discount

Neither my girlfriend or I use cases, have a car or need headphones for it. So it should be pretty cheap all around.
    I have three Centro batteries and a few micro to mini USB adapters. No need to drop coin on Palm branded chargers. Take your current mini USB charger and just add this..
    Might go to Five Below and get a cheap pouch case for the time being.

Don't care to spend on the touchstone. I might buy the touchstone battery cover just for the matte finish and maybe a Wildcharge charging mat.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Nothing. Since launch may coincide with WWDC I will wait to see what Apple has to say.

Should the decision still be to go with the Pre: Pre, extended life battery, external battery charger, leather slip case.

I'd rather have an always-charged battery than the touchstone, though later I may consider it for the coolness factor.
    (trying to) breath slowly and calmly.
    Pre 570.00 (middle of contract)
    Touchstone 70.00
    Case 30.00?
    670.00 plus tax. It'll likely be more than that too.
    I'd like a bluetooth earpiece that works well. But that will take a bit more research.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by michael1 View Post
    I'd like a bluetooth earpiece that works well. But that will take a bit more research.
    I think I'm beginning to lean towards the Plantronics 855 (don't let the price fool you, I've seen it online for under $40)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    -4x Touchstone
    My goodness, we know it's new and exciting but don't spend a fortune on this novelty item! Just buy 3 microusb cables!
    Sadly because the touchstone is so expensive, its very likely that i'll be only getting a screen protector on day one. I may have to buy a few retractable microUSB cables too. If there's a nice air vent car mount on day one, then i might get that.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast