Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    The emulator is not included? I thought I read somewhere it was.
    Don't think so. It's been developed by a third-party.
    I am getting the Pre with:

- Touchstone Charger and Back
    - 3 or 4 micro usb to usb cables (not from Palm)
    - The Classic emulator (I thought there was a demo included?)

Am I the only person that uses these? (I can charge my bt headset and phone at the same time.)

Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Am I the only person that uses these? (I can charge my bt headset and phone at the same time.)

I have one like that, but it splits with two car power jacks and two USB instead.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    On Day One of the Sprint release, I'll probably begin counting down the 6-12 months 'til the Verizon release.

Alas, My Centro is broke and I'm reduced to using my old (slower - less memory) Treo 650. Double-Alas that my family is on Verizon, with many different contract expiration dates, so it may take that long to have us all available to make a switch anyway.

Woe is Me!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    I charge my BT headset at home so I can use it while I drive. Charging it while I drive defeats the purpose for me.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    I am getting the Pre with:

- Touchstone Charger and Back
    - 3 or 4 micro usb to usb cables (not from Palm)
    - The Classic emulator (I thought there was a demo included?)

Thats pretty awesome. I use one of those with just a single usb port, but I always find myself switching between charging my treo and headset. I'm definitely gonna buy one of these. Thanks
    I'll be buying the Pre and a Touchstone. I'll probably hold off on buying any programs (other than maybe a damn alarm clock one) until I've used it for a while and have figured out what I need or not.

I don't use cases anymore, too bulky, though I'll probably get a screen protector- I'm a big fan of the Photodon one on my Dell XT tablet (also capacitive touch) so maybe I'd get the dimensions and have a few custom clear or even anti-glare ones of that made. Though, then again, thinking about it, I'd have to get one to cover the gesture area too, otherwise the flick up gesture would have that rough edge there, but I'd also have to cut a hole in the center for the button... hmmm, I don't know now. But, if you're paying $30 for a screen protector, you're getting ripped off. http://photodon.com/mm5/merchant.mvc...egory_Code=SMD

I already have a good stereo headset w/ 3.5mm jack, so I won't even touch Palm's one.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 05/12/2009 at 01:40 AM.
    I'm hoping this company is successful with their product launch:

Powermat - The future of wireless power has arrived

It would be nice to have this type of charging not just for the Pre but for other devices at the same time

Where can I get that? Who makes it? I have an iGo charger in my car and I keep switching tips for different devices(iPod, BT GPS, Treo 700wx) If I get the Pre I can def make good use out of this.
    Since the photos of the packaging they've shown include a pouch and a travel charger, at most on day one perhaps an extra wall charger for work. I can wait a bit for the premium cases to hit the market. I have a gorgeous Rex Regina case for my Treo 680 and I'd love another one.

I'm also interested in an extended battery if it's not bigger. If not, I'll get another standard battery as a backup.

I'd also love one of those nifty retractable cables if anyone is selling them (hint, hint). Or better yet, a micro USB tip for the one with the interchangeable tips, which I already have.

I'm not interested in the Touchstone right now. A regular wall charger is fine for at home and I would be afraid it would be stolen off my desk at work. But who knows what will happen in future?
    wildcharge has been doing that for awhile already. I posted links before. Would be great for traveling. Bring that pad for my Pre, Sonicare and Pany shaver.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    I'm hoping this company is successful with their product launch:

Powermat - The future of wireless power has arrived

It would be nice to have this type of charging not just for the Pre but for other devices at the same time
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Better yet, just get a fuse tap and wire in a 12v socket. Now you'll have the 4usb outlets behind the dash and can route cables as you see fit without creating an eyesore around your dash. That thing would be ghetto out in the open with all the cables sticking out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Where can I get that? Who makes it? I have an iGo charger in my car and I keep switching tips for different devices(iPod, BT GPS, Treo 700wx) If I get the Pre I can def make good use out of this.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Phone
    Touchstone
    Car charger
    Companion Link - to sync outlook
    Livedrive - maybe, to have 100GB online drive
    Bluetooth FM modulator
    I have been saving since they announced the Pre in January. I got about $500 to use. I am for sure getting 2 touchstones and a leather case. If they sell replacement battery, I will get one of those if I have enough left over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i'm anticipating my bill on day one will be -

Pre with Wall Charger = $300
    Touchstone Kit with Back = $100
    Extra Wall Charger for Travel Bag = $30
    Car Charger Adapter with Cable = $30

$460 Total

i'm assuming that phone-capable headphones will already come with the device.
    You know it would be smarter for you to go get Micro USB chargers elsewhere, since they go for $5-$10, vs $30+ from Sprint.

Just a thought.

Also, Touchstone will be $69.99. You'll save yourself about $20-$25 right ther (compared to your estimate)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    The emulator is not included? I thought I read somewhere it was.
    I'm with you on that, I also remember hearing that it comes preloaded on there. I'll find the video.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234