Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Screen protectors? come on guys it's 2009! you won't be using a scratchy stylus - you'll be using your dirty, greasy fingers. life is too short for screen protectors. and don't even get me started on geeky belt clips, holsters, and cases. unless you're on the construction site all day, just put the damn thing in your front pocket NAKED. come on you can not go through your whole life looking like a nerd!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Screen protectors? come on guys it's 2009! you won't be using a scratchy stylus - you'll be using your dirty, greasy fingers.
    Yeah, that's what I thought when I got the iPhone and scratched the hell out of the screen.

Protect your purchase and get a screen protector, it's well work the money!

just put the damn thing in your front pocket NAKED. come on you can not go through your whole life looking like a nerd!
    Your burning money avatar is the most appropriate one I've ever seen for someone.
    I'll pass on the screen protector. Haven't had any issues with my Iphone naked and unless the Pre's screen is total crap I shouldn't have issues with it.

Pre
    Touchtone
    New case (old one is from my HTC 6700 so it is time)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I'll pass on the screen protector. Haven't had any issues with my Iphone naked and unless the Pre's screen is total crap I shouldn't have issues with it.
    I would recommend getting one. The iPhone is pretty fine without it because it has a glass screen. The Pre has a plastic one.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
  5.    #45  
    Screen protectors? come on guys it's 2009! you won't be using a scratchy stylus - you'll be using your dirty, greasy fingers. life is too short for screen protectors. and don't even get me started on geeky belt clips, holsters, and cases. unless you're on the construction site all day, just put the damn thing in your front pocket NAKED. come on you can not go through your whole life looking like a nerd!
    Uh.... Nerds get paid better. Chicks dig money. Looks fade, money never looses it's appeal.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    At this point... just the Pre and a screen protector. I drop my phone my phone a lot. Damage to the case I can live with, but not damage to the screen. Maybe a case if there's one that's pretty amazing. I might just try the slip on cases so at least I can feel comfortable putting my keys and phone in the same pocket.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    I would recommend getting one. The iPhone is pretty fine without it because it has a glass screen. The Pre has a plastic one.
    Ick... I thought I remembered reading that. Probably one of the things I am most concerned about the phone. I hope it doesn't feel cheap.

That and I hope the keyboard isn't the same as the Centro as I'll definitely pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Uh.... Nerds get paid better. Chicks dig money. Looks fade, money never looses it's appeal.
    better? better than who?
    the phone comes with a stereo handset and a phone pouch out the box so im just gettin the phone on day one
  10.    #50  
    better? better than who?
    Better than non-nerds, of course...

Gee, you non-nerds are so difficult.
    I'm getting the Pre and possibly the Touchstone charger. Still debating on the charger. As cool as it is, I'm not sure if its worth the 70 bucks.
    Just the phone, I don't think I want a screen protector or case. I might the Touchstone, though. Don't S|P custumers get 25% off an accessory?
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." L. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Just the phone, I don't think I want a screen protector or case. I might the Touchstone, though. Don't S|P custumers get 25% off an accessory?
    yes, i got a 25% "premier" accessory coupon in the mail which conveniently expires on 6-30-09.
    Quote Originally Posted by crogs571 View Post
    air vent? ugh...let me at least hook you up with a proclip for your car. Air vent mounts just look tacky. Though having said that, you'll end up having a car where proclip doesn't have any other mounts except around a vent.
    Right now i have the iGrip Custom Fit Vent Mount for the Treo 755p, and it works awesome. Might be a little tackier than the pro clip mounts, but it was MUCH cheaper and works amazingly well. It holds onto the vent really well and when I slip the treo into it, it's totally secure (no stupid clamps). My main requirement was not to have a stupid suction mount. Now that's waaaaay more tacky. As for the Pre, I dunno what kind of mount I'm gonna have, but I really hope someone comes up with something clever for the slide out keyboard. If pro clips comes out with something especially nice and not for like $50+, then I'll definitely consider it.
    Better than non-nerds, of course...

Gee, you non-nerds are so difficult.
    If you think gekko's a "non-nerd" then you obviously haven't been paying attention to how much he's been on this site

.. and as for the screen protector, there's nothing wrong with that... its not like its really visible anyways. All it is, is peace of mind. I can picture it now.. you accidently drop your brand new Pre and it slides across the floor FACE FIRST. Time to shell out another $600.
    4) Semi - "same day", if I get it home and none of the holsters I have for my old Treo's work for it, I'll buy a new holster. I've gotten used to dropping my Treo in my pocket, but I think I'm going to try to avoid that with the Pre - at least at first.
    I will totally have a "semi" walking into the Sprint store buying my new Pre!
    yes, i got a 25% "premier" accessory coupon in the mail which conveniently expires on 6-30-09.
    Me too!
    Well a complete tilt swivel setup (dash mount and cradle) is $63.75 discounted. I initiated a Palm/ProClip connection to try and get an induction charging cradle going which would be slick. With the Pre's slightly curved slider, I wonder how easy it'd be to create a cradle that would allow it to open and close while mounted. Though I don't think it really matters. I think creating a cradle for it while open would suffice. There would also then be a lot of the phone enclosed so if you wanted to turn it to landscape, it would be pretty secure, not apt to slide out during a bumpy ride.

Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    Right now i have the iGrip Custom Fit Vent Mount for the Treo 755p, and it works awesome. Might be a little tackier than the pro clip mounts, but it was MUCH cheaper and works amazingly well. It holds onto the vent really well and when I slip the treo into it, it's totally secure (no stupid clamps). My main requirement was not to have a stupid suction mount. Now that's waaaaay more tacky. As for the Pre, I dunno what kind of mount I'm gonna have, but I really hope someone comes up with something clever for the slide out keyboard. If pro clips comes out with something especially nice and not for like $50+, then I'll definitely consider it.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    totally don't want that image in my head...
    Quote Originally Posted by spectator52 View Post
    I will totally have a "semi" walking into the Sprint store buying my new Pre!
    At 25% off, I could fathom buying the touchstone & cover for $60 (79.99 - 20), otherwise I'd pass.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    I'm going to give the Pre at least a 2 weeks, probably as much as two months, before I give in an purchase the emulator.
    The emulator is not included? I thought I read somewhere it was.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast