Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think I'm beginning to lean towards the Plantronics 855 (don't let the price fool you, I've seen it online for under $40)
    A friend has this and loves it, but due to bluetooth battery drain he has stopped using it for music.

I have high end Shure for music, but will also need to do research for better bluetooth headset, and will consider this for the convenience, thanks for the reminder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Diction View Post
    My goodness, we know it's new and exciting but don't spend a fortune on this novelty item! Just buy 3 microusb cables!
    Ha, I have plenty of those. My current BB uses microUSB.

If I cant get them for less then $70 each I wont be getting 4! But I am sure that, like any other accessory, cost will be far cheaper and I will be able to pick them up dirt cheap.
    Screen protector for sure.
    Case with belt clip.
    Bluetooth stereo headphones.

This is MY 'day one' with the Pre... which is not going to be the day it's released.
    1 Pre at 199
    1 Touchstone charger at 70

269 total
    Phone history with Sprint since April 2001: Kyocera QCP-2035, LG Touchpoint 1100, Samsung i500, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, HTC Mogul, Blackberry 8830, Samsung A900M, Motorola ic902, Blackberry Curve 8330, Samsung Instinct, HTC Touch, Treo 800w, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Motorola i9, Treo Pro (personal)/Iphone 3G 16GB (gone to make room for Pre), Palm Pre, blackberry tour, iPhone 3GS 32GB
    First thing I'm getting is the invisible shield, touchstone charger, and a case - oh and of course any cool apps that might be available on day 1
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    1. Pre
    2. Touchstone charger & car charger
    3. Will wait on the invisible shield until I know that it works with the Touchstone matte back cover
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Nobody here needs the Classic Palm OS Emulator app? I'm guessing $40 to $50. How about sync program for Palm Desktop?
    I thought about putting that on my list, but then thought deeper.

(As I mentioned in a different post), I purchased a commercial Graffiti program for my first Treo, because I thought I'd "need" it because of the keyboard and lack of Graffiti area. It turned out I was wrong.

I'm going to give the Pre at least a 2 weeks, probably as much as two months, before I give in an purchase the emulator. I'm hoping that the programs I'm most desperate for have replacements or versions available for the Pre.
    definitely the pre. probably the touchstone as well. probably an extended battery later on once i see how well the original performs and see what ones people are liking.
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    only the phone... plan on getting some touchstones (2 for work and home) but will wait for a sale or until I can get them for less than $50.
    Nobody here needs the Classic Palm OS Emulator app? I'm guessing $40 to $50. How about sync program for Palm Desktop?
    It's too early for me to know about the emulator. On the WinMo side with StyleTap, I found that by the time I tried StyleTap, most, if not all of what I would have needed the emulator for had already been replaced on my phone with native apps.

Once I inventoried all of my PalmOS software, I came to realize that most of what I was using on PalmOS (besides a few games), were really programs to replace or augment the core applications. Programs like ChatterEmail and various music/media players, etc. were needed because the included PalmOS apps were so weak/bare-bones. When I went to Windows Mobile, I found that the built-in apps were a lot stronger and feature-packed.

With all that said, I'm hoping (based on what I've seen so far) that the Pre's core applications and interface won't need any of that "utility" software to replace/enhance functionality that should have been there in the first place. So, for me, an emulator is less important. The only thing I might run in Classic might be something like SplashID--at least until a WebOS version of it (or SPB Wallet) becomes available.

So, a Pre and a Touchstone charger are on my list. Maybe a couple of microUSB cables. I already have a USB car charger (just need a microUSB cable to plug into it). My Diamond runs around naked, so I don't need any cases.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    air vent? ugh...let me at least hook you up with a proclip for your car. Air vent mounts just look tacky. Though having said that, you'll end up having a car where proclip doesn't have any other mounts except around a vent.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    If there's a nice air vent car mount on day one, then i might get that.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    A Pre
    Touchstone with back
    Classic
    Maybe a case(if I can be resonably sure that it fits a Pre)

Anything else that looks good
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Hey, regarding that "invisible shield", a few questions:

1. I just watched the video on the Zagg website - they certainly seem great, but how do they "wrap around the entire device?!" What about areas of the device that need to remain accessible? Sorry, I've never seen one of these.
    2. Do you think they will have one for the Pre soon after it's released or are they probably already preparing one?

Thanks!
    A draught of fine ale. A drum of wings and a plate of filet mignon.
    I shall also require a few dollops of rare sorbet which should cleanse the palette properly prior to a serving of 40 year old port.

This should preclude our purchase of milk, juices, grains and fruit, which by then we should be RIGHT out of. I will most likely acquire a tank of gasoline somewhere amidst my journey that day. If the temperature is right I may also treat myself to a gelato in my return from market.

Might that suffice per the inquiry regarding my personal purchases on that distant day?
  15.    #35  
    I'm curious as to what folks plan on buying the same day they buy their Pre.
    I think some folks didn't really read what I wrote (emphasis added)...
    Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    Hey, regarding that "invisible shield", a few questions:

1. I just watched the video on the Zagg website - they certainly seem great, but how do they "wrap around the entire device?!" What about areas of the device that need to remain accessible? Sorry, I've never seen one of these.
    2. Do you think they will have one for the Pre soon after it's released or are they probably already preparing one?

Thanks!
    It covers what needs to be covered and comes in pieces. So most likely they'll have one big piece for the front, one for the back, and little pieces for buttons. As for availability you can pre-order it here: ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | Palm Pre Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

I actually left a comment about invisibleSHIELD on "How Usable is the Palm Pre Keyboard? Hands-On from a Sprint Employee" entry (http://www.precentral.net/how-usable...loyee#comments) so here's a copy and paste of that:

I have a lot of invisisbleSHIELD products covering my electronics (Treo 755p, Canon PowerShot SD450, Nintendo DS). It protects them well and gives a good grip. My only problem with it is for the screen it gives too much grip and makes glare even worse. Also over a long period of time (ex. 1 year or more) the edges start peeling up if you put it in your pocket a lot. I'm hoping there'll be an anti-glare film like the ones from Power Support (http://www.powersupportusa.com/produ...-set-for-ipod-...). I've used one on an iPod Touch and it's way better to touch and view. It's not scratch proof but it's better functionally.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    could care less. Most of my programs are all improved core functionality that I'm hoping not to need on the Pre. Now my daily Sudoku fix is something else entirely.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    as in add on sales. The car charger and case are grossly overpriced and a waste. The Touchstone is the only worthwhile thing they'd have. Anything else would be bought separately online most likely unless you're buying generic stuff (pouch case, charger, usb cables and such). If you mean buying your Pre, running home and hopping online to buy this or that, then that's a different story.

Me, I'll just take my Pre to Five Below or the dollar store to see what's the cheapest pouch case that will fit it so I can buy time to finding the case I really want, and that's assuming I don't already have a pouch case that will fit it.
    I think some folks didn't really read what I wrote (emphasis added)...
    palm pre - $250
    screen protector - $30
    extra battery - $30
    the look on my iPhone toting friends faces when I can multitask and actually get a signal- priceless
    Classic
    Screen Protector
    I'm on the fence about the Touchstone. I'll probably wait on that.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast