Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We would like to thank all of you who are watching our videos. It is your feedback and response that inspires us to move forward and try to get a release date out of Palm.

We hope you enjoy our special Mothers Day Edition.

Bravo! That was awesome.
    "You've upset my mother"

lol...love it.
    A Pre box, meaning this likely is sponsored by Palm.

I wonder if they'll announce something Monday or Tuesday.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    That was hilarious.

And, there's almost no doubt in my mind now that these are professionally done.
    Haw! Good stuff. The box looked fake though so it may not be sponsored by Sprint/Palm
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    No way that's a real box. Have you ever seen a phone box with even one side blank like that box? There should also be a Sprint logo somewhere and bar codes all over. But the video was cute.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Haw! Good stuff. The box looked fake though so it may not be sponsored by Sprint/Palm
    Good point. That box is nothing like the packaging that Palm has already talked about.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    A Pre box, meaning this likely is sponsored by Palm.

I wonder if they'll announce something Monday or Tuesday.

Not only that, but the Sprint bag just happens to be right in the center of the camera and just is held there for a few seconds? If I had any doubts, this confirmed them.

Still, they're pretty funny so I don't mind them.
    LMFAO I love it!!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Sponsored by Palm or not, if someone goes through the trouble of shooting these vids for this phone, that pretty much says how much we're all aware of how popular this phone has become. Other than that, the box definitely isn't the same one shown in Palm's demo videos. I believe the Pre box has a slight angle in one corner so it stands with a tilt - but good job as a prop for this video.
    They have the right props. Although to a point, someone is taking the time to make this video look like it was made by a non-professional. As a matter of fact, it is too professional looking, it very suspect.

I wonder what other props is he going to come up with on the next video.

Good series though.
    Excellent video, but my mom didn't get upset, she's on Verizon....

These videos are fun, and I look forward to the next one.

But if this is the rumored Palm viral marketing thing it's going over like a lead balloon, at least so far. The local "Days Since the Announcement" thread has more views than any of these videos.
    Unless they have changed the packaging since January, that is not the real Pre box.

Viddler.com - Palm Pre Walkthrough - Uploaded by treocentral

I you watch at 0:54, they actually go over the design of the Palm Pre packaging. It's very unique, and makes me believe this is not made by Palm.

Does anyone have any more recent information on packaging?

Edit: At just past 2:00, they discuss packaging in detail.
    good video. Almost as good as the last. Let;s give the thread a *bump* and let mmore people enjoy.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Hillarious.
    Is that Jon Favreau under that mask?
    That guy is earning his $10G.
    Very funny!
    These videos are just great. I love the mom...PAAAALM!!
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    I believe the Pre box has a slight angle in one corner so it stands with a tilt - but good job as a prop for this video.
    Also, the e in "Pre" is accented. The word on this fake box isn't accented.
    If this isn't the viral videos Palm is releasing, then my guess is that he printed out the pics & pasted it onto another cell phone box.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Also, the e in "Pre" is accented. The word on this fake box isn't accented.
    If this isn't the viral videos Palm is releasing, then my guess is that he printed out the pics & pasted it onto another cell phone box.
    But, if a guy was giving his mother an "early release" present for something that wasn't out yet (as portrayed in the video), wouldn't he have to do something similar?

Just saying, the faked box isn't an indicator that it's not being released by Palm or Sprint.

I think the acting is good enough to make me suspicious. Add to that, the rumored story of this type of ad campaign coming up. Finally, we've not seen another such campaign (in spite of the rumors). My opinion is that this is likely the campaign...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast