Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I know we are all a bit jaded waiting for the release, but some of the reaction to this is unreal.

Taking it on face value (and why shouldn't we?) we have a hands on report which debunks a number of supposed short comings such as delay on swapping tasks, finish, and keyboard operation, and some people are *****ing about it.

Edit: Forum software did not like my choice of words. (***** = female dog)
    It was a fluff review and that is fine. I don't expect any in depth reviews with so little new information being released. It was interesting that he wasn't allowed to discuss the apps and I am guessing that is where Palm will have a surprise or two for us.

That said, some of you need to go change your tampons because the amount of titting over nothing is really getting tiresome.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    You guys are so hard to please. If I had a blog, and I had a chance to review it, of course I'd type up what I can about it. Yes, it may have been said elsewhere, but... it was said elsewhere. His blog, his review. It would be dumb to not put that up. At least he got to put a lot of personal touches to it. And how insulting would that be to Palm if they let him get his hands on the Pre and he didn't say anything. I'm glad he likes it, I'm sure I will too.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    Even though there wasn't much new info I enjoyed it very much. First of all to hear that there is no lag is great, and also about the apps (even though we KNOW there will will be loads of good ones when released) it was great to have it confirmed that they are complicated and great apps.
    There wasnt much meat, but if we assume it isnt totally made up I think this review is something that should make us all happy.
    If that person had the phone and didn't put up the "review", there would be people whining and complaining about it, if he wrote a "review" then there would be people whining and complaining about nothing new being said. Bottom line, there will always be whiners and complainers no matter what. Its who they are.

I'm not really sure what info that guy could've said that we don't already know. There will just be things that are never satisfying until you get one in your own hands. I'm just waiting for the "I waited this long for this POS" threads to start popping up.
    Well I think it would've helped the author's credibility if he could actually write instead of the mess we got. He didn't even properly edit it and has already made some changes to it since the original post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Well I think it would've helped the author's credibility if he could actually write instead of the mess we got. He didn't even properly edit it and has already made some changes to it since the original post.

Dude, you suck. JMHO
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I know we are all a bit jaded waiting for the release, but some of the reaction to this is unreal.

Taking it on face value (and why shouldn't we?) we have a hands on report which debunks a number of supposed short comings such as delay on swapping tasks, finish, and keyboard operation, and some people are *****ing about it.

Edit: Forum software did not like my choice of words. (***** = female dog)
    I'm not complaining or even criticizing. I'm always a bit skeptical though. Maybe it comes from being an auditor :P At least he tells you what you want to hear..but doesn't mean anything because there's no credibility or even a familiarity with the reviewer.

Just because there's a lack of info coming out doesn't mean we should rush to embrace this type of stuff.
    This guy writes hands-on review after using the Pre for about one hour.

PreThinking - Blog - Hands-on Review with the Palm Pre, Amazing.
    Good call, you can read some other comments already being discussed here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...re-review.html
  12. joelpalm
    LOL
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Yeah, I watched the Apprentice too....for nothing....no Pre!!
    Do you think that diabolical marketing guys will make up a story about Pre being on their show just to inflate their Nielsons?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I know this was already posted, but at the end it is updated and it states he had about 10 apps running at once with not battery difference and no state lag.

Which is Good
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    It was interesting that he wasn't allowed to discuss the apps and I am guessing that is where Palm will have a surprise or two for us.
    Yeah I'm guessing Palm is hiding trying to hide the Docs to Go and Adobe Reader apps or maybe they already got hundreds of great apps available in the App Catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    This guy writes hands-on review after using the Pre for about one hour.

PreThinking - Blog - Hands-on Review with the Palm Pre,*Amazing.
    You do realize this is the hands-on review this thread started off with right?
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    Yeah I'm guessing Palm is hiding trying to hide the Docs to Go and Adobe Reader apps or maybe they already got hundreds of great apps available in the App Catalog.

You do realize this is the hands-on review this thread started off with right?
    Sorry, I merged two threads there, is why it that post looked a little dissonant.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12