Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    Palm More Promising Than Apple Or RIM - Forbes.com

    The sharp moves higher in share prices of Apple and RIM look to be tired, but Palm is still full of pep.

    Smartphones have quickly become the greatest thing since sliced bread for the wireless and handheld sector. Gone are the days when the slick clamshell design of the Motorola RAZR was enough to virtually guarantee success. Throughout this revolution, cellphones have practically become pocket PCs, and every manufacturer in the world is attempting to get in on the action.

    < < Edit by Dieter: please don't post articles in their entirety > >
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    Palm More Promising Than Apple Or RIM - Forbes.com

    The sharp moves higher in share prices of Apple and RIM look to be tired, but Palm is still full of pep.

    Smartphones have quickly become the greatest thing since sliced bread for the wireless and handheld sector. Gone are the days when the slick clamshell design of the Motorola RAZR was enough to virtually guarantee success. Throughout this revolution, cellphones have practically become pocket PCs, and every manufacturer in the world is attempting to get in on the action.

    < < Edit by Dieter: please don't post articles in their entirety > >
    How about the Reader's Digest version?
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

    "To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-


  3. #3  
    It says "buy $PALM"

  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    How about the Reader's Digest version?
    This is the one...
  5. #5  
    I got in relatively early, but MAN I wish I had bought in December when it was just over $1!!!!
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
  6. #6  
    like you needed to quote it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    How about the Reader's Digest version?
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  7. #7  
    beware of forecasts - they are often wrong.
  8. #8  
    I posted that in here yesterday:

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...eam-media.html

    But thanks for reposting Mahootzki - for those who didnt see it in that thread
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by adjmcloon View Post
    I got in relatively early, but MAN I wish I had bought in December when it was just over $1!!!!
    I did too
  10. #10  
    "Apple changed the game once again by beating smartphone makers to the punch when it included 3G support in its second iteration of the iPhone."

    that's about the time when it lost all credibility.
  11. #11  
    Oh "Forbes", what do they know??? There are a ton of experts on here that have outlined for us how badly Sprint and Palm has handled this...
  12. TPavey's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Oh "Forbes", what do they know??? There are a ton of experts on here that have outlined for us how badly Sprint and Palm has handled this...
    Seeing as Palm is making a product that is targeted toward us, I'd say that we are perfectly capable of making an educated decision about the handling of the marketing. If all that mattered was expert opinion then why have customer feedback and even PAID focus groups?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcunwired View Post
    I did too
    I waited way too long, but at least I got in before it hit double digits!

    RIM and Palm are keeping the tech part of my portfolio strong!
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpavey View Post
    Seeing as Palm is making a product that is targeted toward us, I'd say that we are perfectly capable of making an educated decision about the handling of the marketing.
    If it's targeted toward you, and you're on this board, then obviously their marketing has been a success.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tpavey View Post
    Seeing as Palm is making a product that is targeted toward us, I'd say that we are perfectly capable of making an educated decision about the handling of the marketing. If all that mattered was expert opinion then why have customer feedback and even PAID focus groups?
    They are only marketing toward you if you do not own a smartphone.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    beware of forecasts - they are often wrong.
    To be less general, the forcasts are wrong slightly more often than they are right.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)

Posting Permissions