Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1. #21  
    Palm and Sprint should have stepped it up. There was definitely a big relationship with Sprint and Palm, as throughout the entire season Sprint Centros were given huge product placement. The amount of viewers tuning it was a great opportunity for Sprint and Palm. There was an iPhone 3G commercial in almost every commercial break. The only Sprint/Palm plug throughout the show was in the beginning when they showed Melissa Rivers and Brande Roderick live twittering (Sprint nor Palm was mentioned) on a Treo Pro.

    I wasn't watching to see a Pre commercial (I was hoping the rumors were true), I've been watching the show this season. So much for the marketing blitz...
    Last edited by JimmieGeddes; 05/10/2009 at 10:30 PM.
    Jimmie Geddes
  2. AdidasNYR's Avatar
    Posts
    88 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #22  
    It is a good finale though.
  3. #23  
    So the Pre failed to get mentioned again??? And the iPhone took over the ads??

    Do they want the Pre to succeed? Yes I'm asking that question.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  4. #24  
    God, I wish they had run a Pre commercial. It'd sure make up for the headache that Joan Rivers gave me. Guh.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  5. #25  
    I keep telling ya, no blitz til they announce the release date. That announcement will start things off.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    God, I wish they had run a Pre commercial. It'd sure make up for the headache that Joan Rivers gave me. Guh.
    +1
  7. #27  
    Thanks for the heads up on the disappointment folks...deleting the recording from my Tivo now. It's only 9:38 pm PST here so I'm glad you guys were able to give me a spoiler (literally) about not having a Pre commercial
  8. #28  
    from where we sit, this totaly looks like a missed oportunity.

    Hopefully their marketing team is knows something we don't
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  9. #29  
    For those that don't like the show and watched it, really? If I were you I would've just waited for a youtube cap.

    I actually like The Apprentice/The Celebrity Apprentice even though I'm horrible with finance and dislike marketing concepts. It was nice to see something newer than a Centro on the show, but definitely would've preferred a Pre, so sad Sprint and Palm didn't get on this. This show is totally about marketing and yet sponsors like Sprint and Palm totally fail with their product placement, just awful.
  10. #30  
    How do they totally fail? They did product placement for a product they have and is avaliable on sale. You'd prefer they place a product that will confuse the public when they come to the sprint store and find out they can't buy it yet?
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    How do they totally fail? They did product placement for a product they have and is avaliable on sale. You'd prefer they place a product that will confuse the public when they come to the sprint store and find out they can't buy it yet?
    Because they couldn't have put a coming soon in the comercial?

    I mean some people would be confused but they would at least have heard of the Pre at that point!

    But yeah I'm sure the marketing team has a better idea up their sleeve(I hope)!!!
  12. #32  
    They fail overall. Ever since watching the show if I had no familiarity with Sprint or Palm, I would have no idea what phones they are using. This was the first time they showed the Treo Pro on the show, and when they did show it, the only company that got a plug was Twitter. Confusion? I think the audience is already confused because there are no Treo Pro commercials either. Palm and Sprint need to figure out how to market their devices better.
  13. #33  
    Well that sure as hell didn't pan out like I thought it would - so much for theories.

    Dang it! Now I'm getting restless!!! I want my Pre now; what the double hockey sticks Palm???
  14. #34  
    At least the Treo Pro and Centro were on it
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    They fail overall. Ever since watching the show if I had no familiarity with Sprint or Palm, I would have no idea what phones they are using. This was the first time they showed the Treo Pro on the show, and when they did show it, the only company that got a plug was Twitter. Confusion? I think the audience is already confused because there are no Treo Pro commercials either. Palm and Sprint need to figure out how to market their devices better.
    i bet joe schmo watching thought they were all using iphones!
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i bet joe schmo watching thought they were all using iphones!
    I bet joe schmo doesn't care what phone they were using because "OMG Joan and the poker girl"

    unless they were technophiles in which case they can hardly be called joe schmos
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions