Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Just thought I would add a comment and see what responses we get.

    Being a Sprint Premier Customer; does it help and will we be able to get our hands on a "Pre" Pre Launch?


    Just a question? Fired away


    Moderator, you can delete this post, I did not mean to cause confusion but I got torpedo by the Grammar Nazi!
    Last edited by Gas Man; 05/08/2009 at 10:58 PM. Reason: add to post
  2. #2  
    Man, just another illustration of the importance of punctuation. Because there was a lack of a simi-colon or coma to seperate who you're addressing and the question you're asking, as well as the random capitalization I missed the word "we". This thread had me all excited that someone had conformation that "Premier Customers will be able to buy phone before launch."

    Okay continue, the grammar nazi is done.
  3. #3  
    Ugh...I thought this was news and not a question.
  4. #4  
    I thought this was news, too. Grr!

    Anyway, the answer has not been confirmed or denied officially. But under the "Premier Customer" details on the Sprint site, it does say:

    Sprint Premier Customers: pre-register to be among the first to hear when the Palm® Pre launches.
    However, it directs you to the original sign up form at www.sprint.com/palmpre
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
  5. dtokarz's Avatar
    Posts
    371 Posts
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    Man, just another illustration of the importance of punctuation. Because there was a lack of a simi-colon or coma to seperate who you're addressing and the question you're asking, as well as the random capitalization I missed the word "we". This thread had me all excited that someone had conformation that "Premier Customers will be able to buy phone before launch."

    Okay continue, the grammar nazi is done.
    Please tell me you were being sarcastic in your post.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Just thought I would add a comment and see what responses we get.

    Being a Sprint Premier Customer; does it help and will we be able to get our hands on a "Pre" Pre Launch?


    Just a question? Fired away
    wishful
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 05/09/2009 at 07:01 PM.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
    Just thought I would add a comment and see what responses we get.

    Being a Sprint Premier Customer; does it help and will we be able to get our hands on a "Pre" Pre Launch?


    Just a question? Fired away
    The answer is: nobody knows. Sprint has not given a word either way. I'm going to put my money on "no" and say that while a 'high rollers' club was a nice idea from Sprint, it'd be a bad idea for them to let a select group get their hands on a hot handset before the general populace - imagine the uproar. Perhaps the ability to get priority customer service or something like that would be nice, but not priority releases.

    Of course, I'm also not a premier member, so I'd be pissed at people getting the Pre before me because they pay more for the service that I'll get when I get my Pre.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  8. #8  
    actually, i believe sprint premier customers gets 1st pick at the phone.... its just like when the instinct came out the release date was june 20th and i got an email that sprint premier customers can go on june19 to be one of the 1st to get it.....
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    Man, just another illustration of the importance of punctuation. Because there was a lack of a simi-colon or coma to seperate who you're addressing and the question you're asking, as well as the random capitalization I missed the word "we". This thread had me all excited that someone had conformation that "Premier Customers will be able to buy phone before launch."

    Okay continue, the grammar nazi is done.


    Sorry as I type all my thoughts do not flow into the text being typed!

    Thanks for proof reading!
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    Man, just another illustration of the importance of punctuation. Because there was a lack of a simi-colon or coma to seperate who you're addressing and the question you're asking, as well as the random capitalization I missed the word "we". This thread had me all excited that someone had conformation that "Premier Customers will be able to buy phone before launch."

    Okay continue, the grammar nazi is done.
    Semicolon
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  11. #11  
    Could've just said, "Will Premier customers be able to buy the Pre before launch?"

    Though I know this question has been posted in other threads. With similar uknown answers.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    Man, just another illustration of the importance of punctuation. Because there was a lack of a simi-colon or coma to seperate who you're addressing and the question you're asking, as well as the random capitalization I missed the word "we". This thread had me all excited that someone had conformation that "Premier Customers will be able to buy phone before launch."
    Okay continue, the grammar nazi is done.
    I am terrible of grammar but I love the irony of these finger wagging correcting posts. Lack of a "coma?"

    BTW, premier customers that are not upgrading plans to higher priced plans (even if they are already in contract on higher priced plans), or not out of contract won't be first. I promise. New customers, out of contract customers and customers signing up for higher priced plans will be first. Sprint is not stupid.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    I am terrible of grammar but I love the irony of these finger wagging correcting posts. Lack of a "coma?"
    Hee hee. And the irony goes deeper: I wouldn't mind being put into a coma* until the Pre is released. This is driving me crazy.

    *Yes, that's hyperbole.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Ugh...I thought this was news and not a question.
    Yeah, nothing new that we don't already know. I could have told OP this just by telling him to navigate to the S|P page..
  15. #15  
    I've gone over this with reps in the Executive Office of Sprint. The general consensus is you will be able to order at least the day before the launch. There is a Sprint press release that also confirms this:

    Sprint | News Release: Sprint Thanks Customers with Launch of Exclusive Program that Provides Unique Perks and Instant Rewards to Loyal Customers

    "First to Know/First to Buy: Longstanding customers get an exclusive
    first peek at new products and services such as the upcoming Palm Pre™,
    and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they
    become available."

    Since they do site the Pre specifically I would think it's an almost certainty that Premier customers will be able to order the phone first.
  16. timGSU's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I've gone over this with reps in the Executive Office of Sprint. The general consensus is you will be able to order at least the day before the launch. There is a Sprint press release that also confirms this:

    Sprint | News Release: Sprint Thanks Customers with Launch of Exclusive Program that Provides Unique Perks and Instant Rewards to Loyal Customers

    "First to Know/First to Buy: Longstanding customers get an exclusive
    first peek at new products and services such as the upcoming Palm Pre™,
    and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they
    become available."

    Since they do site the Pre specifically I would think it's an almost certainty that Premier customers will be able to order the phone first.
    We'll find out....you might be right, but I wouldn't be surprised if you are wrong.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I've gone over this with reps in the Executive Office of Sprint. The general consensus is you will be able to order at least the day before the launch. There is a Sprint press release that also confirms this:

    Sprint | News Release: Sprint Thanks Customers with Launch of Exclusive Program that Provides Unique Perks and Instant Rewards to Loyal Customers

    "First to Know/First to Buy: Longstanding customers get an exclusive
    first peek at new products and services such as the upcoming Palm Pre™,
    and then are among the first with opportunities to purchase when they
    become available."

    Since they do site the Pre specifically I would think it's an almost certainty that Premier customers will be able to order the phone first.
    What they do is send you a email stating that you can go to a Sprint Store and purchase it there with the email. The email is like a coupon....Usually you'll receive the email Like that Monday or Tuesday before launch, and then you can actually go down to the Sprint store on that Thursday or Friday. Thats usually.. Thats how they did it with the Instinct.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    What they do is send you a email stating that you can go to a Sprint Store and purchase it there with the email. The email is like a coupon....Usually you'll receive the email Like that Monday or Tuesday before launch, and then you can actually go down to the Sprint store on that Thursday or Friday. Thats usually.. Thats how they did it with the Instinct.
    good info. i'll be looking for my email! but aren't the new phones typically available via Online/Telesales first?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    good info. i'll be looking for my email! but aren't the new phones typically available via Online/Telesales first?
    Typically yes, but with the Primer Customers, we're supposed to get 1st dibbs even before, supposedly...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

    Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
  20. #20  
    Give it up, premier customers. Sprint needs new subscribers, not existing subscribers who want new devices. Given that there is likely to be limited supply of Pre handsets at initial launch (for whatever reason) I doubt there will be incentive for existing subscribers to swallow up supply.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions