Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Typing question: While typing, does hodling down a key do caps (like the BB) or even better, caps and symbols like the Keycaps app for Palm OS?

And I think I know the answer to this one: Has Palm finally gotten over its ridiculous aversion to profiles, or is the top switch the only way to mute the thing? The lack of profiles is even worse now that the mute button doesn't really mute all sounds. (It's not all that unusual for me to scope out a video with sounds off, in the office for example.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    There's 'snick-click' to it that could only be more satisfying if the Pre answered a call by sliding open and hung up by sliding closed. Please give us this option, Palm.
    I thought Darth Pooh or someone else that had played with the Pre said this actually does happen?
    Great review!!! I the only thing I've read that I didnt like is the number of recent calls in the call log. My treo 755 shows all the contacts since the last time I wiped the phone Feb 2008. I haven't had to go past a month looking for anything on most occassions but I like having the log. I had also done the patch someone had posted to give call details for time and duration.

Also, in the gestures video, it showed you only had 1.3 GB of stroage available. That's not likely to be an issue for me, as I haven't used my full storage for the treo, let alone the SD card I have, but I was wondering what you had loaded to use up 5.7 Gigs. My guess is the music and/or video files, which I don't normally load on my phone but I wanted verification. Also does it give you a summary of how your storage is being used (what percentage for what apps) or just the total percentage used?

Lastly, is the bluetooth backwards compatible or will I need to get a new bluetooth headset?

edit: Can you delete their nascar stuff or other native apps? Or hide them from view?
    Last edited by Sukiyaki; 06/04/2009 at 12:47 PM.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    So, how does the Pre handle it if someone I've got linked changes their Facebook phone number? I know that the whole idea of Synergy is that it's supposed to update that automatically, but someone I know got a new number the other day and I'm now a little more unsure of that feature than I was before.

My friend is in my Google Contacts and on Facebook. She got a new number, but hasn't moved entirely over to that yet. So, I add it into Google Contacts as a second number. Facebook still only has the old number listed. When she changes entirely to the new number, presumably she'll change her Facebook to the new number. But, Google Contacts still has the old number, requiring some cleanup from me. Aka, I still have to keep track of when she gets a new number, and it's not as seamless as the vision they originally described.

Or worse. What if someone updates their Facebook and changes their phone number entirely, but I have a different number in Google Contacts. I know that the Pre tells which data source each number comes from, but I guess I'm supposed to keep track of which one is the correct one anyway? Again, just seems to go against their vision.
    Also, what are the dimensions of the screen including the gesture area, but not covering the button, so that we can get a good screen protector for it without the ridge interfering with gestures? Preferably in mm.

I know there's an article on the main site about the screen size, but it doesn't say anything about the gesture area.
    Will Mr. Overbo buy one???

I would like to know if there is phonebook sync and name dialing through BT so I can finally dial by contact in my car.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Can you pair the Pre on bluetooth with a windows 7 or other laptop and tell us all the services the Pre has available for use? If you can get the PC to join a bluetooth PAN with the PRE, what kind of IP addresses are assigned and does it gain Internet access?

Can you connect to a java based website and see if the Pre can run java based content?

Does it have untrained voice dialing from the bluetooth headset?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Can you pair the Pre on bluetooth with a windows 7 or other laptop and tell us all the services the Pre has available for use? If you can get the PC to join a bluetooth PAN with the PRE, what kind of IP addresses are assigned and does it gain Internet access?

Can you connect to a java based website and see if the Pre can run java based content?

Does it have untrained voice dialing from the bluetooth headset?
    None, no, no.

To the first, it's already been said that the Pre supports very limited Bluetooth profiles, not even OBEX file transfer, so I highly doubt that it'll support PAN.

We already know it doesn't support Java.

And no, in the original release, there's no voice dialing.
    Can non-Palm branded microUSB cables charge and xfer data to the Pre?

Can you FTP from the browser?

Does the Seidio 1350mah battery work in the Pre?
    Does the music player have a graphic equalizer?
    Can you send receive any data (contacts, or pictures, etc.) via bluetooth?
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Touchstone Question:

When the Pre is on the touchstone does the screen go off? Reason for asking is that I want to put the Pre on the touchstone when I go to sleep at night but obviously don't want the screen lit while I'm trying to sleep.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hey thanks for doing this.
    Just one question, can you put PRE to charge on the TouchStone and leave it there for a minute. I want to buy the TouchStone but am wondering if the main screen stays lit while it's charging because I usually charge my phone at night while Im sleeping and I charge it right by my bed, and I think I am a little too old to sleep with an annoying little night light .
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    You just tried the password on the lock screen... can you plz do the pin?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by timGSU View Post
    Touchstone Question:

When the Pre is on the touchstone does the screen go off? Reason for asking is that I want to put the Pre on the touchstone when I go to sleep at night but obviously don't want the screen lit while I'm trying to sleep.
    Did he answer this question already?
    does the treo pro travel charger model 3437ww work with the pre?
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I'd like to see how internet radio streaming works in the browser, will you please try http://lrb.mine.nu:8002/listen.pls or http://lrb.mine.nu:8002 It's AAC+ 24kbps and so I also wonder if the Pre supports HE-AACv2, the only way to tell is if the 24kbps stream here doesn't sound terrible. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by junko915 View Post
    You just tried the password on the lock screen... can you plz do the pin?
    Ha, I have a picture of it but I don't have enough posts to show you...Sorry!

Send me a P.M. if you want to see it....
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456