Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This program isn't about keeping things hush hush, Palm wants the "reviewers" to talk. I know someone who beta tested the Foleo and the language is very different in regards to the program. I highly doubt Palm is going to make these "reviewers" sign the strict NDA's they make beta testers sign. This is straight out of Palm's PRPRPR $department$, $and$ $a$ $very$ $cool$ $program$ $if$ $you$ $get$ $picked$.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    This program isn't about keeping things hush hush, Palm wants the "reviewers" to talk. I know someone who beta tested the Foleo and the language is very different in regards to the program. I highly doubt Palm is going to make these "reviewers" sign the strict NDA's they make beta testers sign. This is straight out of Palm's PRPRPR $department$, $and$ $a$ $very$ $cool$ $program$ $if$ $you$ $get$ $picked$.
    Intresting ... So would you say the phone would be completed tested and ready for launch when people in this program recieve a pre??
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    Intresting ... So would you say the phone would be completed tested and ready for launch when people in this program recieve a pre??
    That's what I'm saying. If Palm is sending the "real reviewers" a Pre, it will be completely tested and certified for Sprint. When Palm "beta tests" unreleased devices the testers sign a NDA, and you're not allowed to talk about the device, the only talking is with Palm. The "real reviewers" program is a very good and smart PRPRPR $move$ $by$ $Palm$ $to$ $spread$ $the$ $word$ $on$ $the$ $latest$ $smartphone$ ($I$ $can$'$t$ $see$ $Palm$ $making$ $people$ $sign$ $a$ $NDA$ $when$ $the$ $whole$ $point$ $of$ $the$ $program$ $is$ $to$ $get$ $the$ $word$ $out$). $Who$ $knows$ $though$, $anything$ $is$ $possible$ $with$ $Palm$. $I$ $just$ $wanted$ $to$ $clear$ $up$ $the$ &$quot$;$beta$ $testers$&$quot$; $and$ &$quot$;$real$ $reviewers$&$quot$;, $it$'$s$ $a$ $MAJOR$ $difference$.
    Jimmie Geddes
    haven't heard anything either
    ok- the rumor is review units are going out today. if plam is going ti select people as "beta testers" ---which is a misnomer as jimmie pointed out -- people should be hearing soon ..

so , anyone ????
    da Gimp

Nope. Not a dickie bird.
    ok- the rumor is review units are going out today. if plam is going ti select people as "beta testers" ---which is a misnomer as jimmie pointed out -- people should be hearing soon ..

so , anyone ????
    I'm guessing that, if true, the rumor means that "normal" review units are going out, i.e., those sent to members of the press, etc. Since Palm didn't ask for mailing addresses in the "Real Reviewer" survey, RRs can't be the recipients _unless_ they've already been contacted.

So, either the rumor is wrong, the review units are for normal reviewers and the RRs haven't yet been selected and/or notified, or the RR's were already contacted and have been keeping things very hush hush.
    I expect to be called or emailed by Palm any minute now. I'll let you know how that goes.
    Look, it is really quite easy. All we have to do is figure out who is NOT posting in this thread - they are obviously the ones who have been selected as reviewers. Simple.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    Look, it is really quite easy. All we have to do is figure out who is NOT posting in this thread - they are obviously the ones who have been selected as reviewers. Simple.
    This forum has 49,914 members. I'll let you get started in finding out who isn't posting here.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    This forum has 49,914 members. I'll let you get started in finding out who isn't posting here.
    I think you are posting here just to throw me off. You must be a reviewer!

Edit: Holy crap. I'm right!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...dnesday-2.html
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Congrats Syph.
    yeah .. very cool - good for you.

BTW - I'm jealous
    da Gimp

Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    yeah .. very cool - good for you.

BTW - I'm jealous
    don't be jealous. He's a liar, a fraud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    don't be jealous. He's a liar, a fraud.
    I prefer jokester.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    I prefer jokester.
    had today's date been April 1st, that would have been a good one to pull.
    A prank on 4/1 would have been too obvious.

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
    Follow Me On

You suck
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Toblave - Means to bluff

LIAR!!

LIAR!

Shut up witch.

Im not a witch, Im your wife!

Name that quote.......
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    Toblave - Means to bluff

LIAR!!