Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre_Diction View Post
    "From your Phone..."

When are they going to use "Palm Pre" instead of "Phone" It's exactly T minus 30 days...
    It's not an official release date, yet, though it is the likeliest candidate. This is not an ad for a Pre, though it stars the Pre, it is an ad for the NASCAR Mobile application on Sprint which works on some existing phones. Just like the now network commercials were about Sprint not the phone. They are getting there, there is time.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    No, I was referring to the console games themselves, not adults gamers in general. I enjoy Military simulation games. When I think of a console game, the first thing I think of is Mario Brothers with the largest crowd being under 16 years old, but I am obviously wrong.
    The PS3 seems to be considered a more adult console. Most of the good games are M rated. And the inclusion of Blu-ray implies that adults are likely the main buyers.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by prereferee View Post
    It's not an official release date, yet, though it is the likeliest candidate. This is not an ad for a Pre, though it stars the Pre, it is an ad for the NASCAR Mobile application on Sprint which works on some existing phones. Just like the now network commercials were about Sprint not the phone. They are getting there, there is time.
    Honestly, how close do you all who keep saying "be patient, Pre ads are coming" want Palm/Sprint to cut it?

Let's say that dates of June 5-7 are correct. 1 month away, and STILL no Pre ads.

P.S. The guy posting on You Tube isn't enough, more mainstream marketing is needed IMO. Unless he's gotten his video "Featured" or something, so more people are likely to view it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    The PS3 seems to be considered a more adult console. Most of the good games are M rated. And the inclusion of Blu-ray implies that adults are likely the main buyers.
    And the cost alone, honestly factors into that as well.

According to a recent Nielsen poll, the majority of PS3 owners are 25-34, PS2, Xbox360, and Xbox owners are 12-17, and Wii and GameCube owners 6-11.

Though, as a 24 year old owner of a Wii and a 360, I'd have to disagree with that. Then again, this is the same company that tells the TV networks that nobody is watching my favorite shows, so I already have a bone to pick with them anyway.
    Honestly, how close do you all who keep saying "be patient, Pre ads are coming" want Palm/Sprint to cut it?
    Many of us that say that also say they shouldn't advertise until it's available, or very shortly before.

If they sell out without advertising, money spent on ads would be wasted. If they advertise before the product is released, they're advertising something they can't sell. If there are units sitting around the stores not moving and they're not advertising, then they've screwed up.
    It makes sense now as to why they are advertising on the Playstation.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

You really think they'll sell out with no advertising, to the general public? If all the stores only have about 10 units each or so for the techies who know about the phone, THEN they'll sell out.

A phone can "sell out" before it's available if there's enough hype attached beforehand. We've seen this before and I don't need to mention the phone. But Palm and Sprint, before trying to upstage that phone, should instead try to copy their advertising model first.

JMO. But honestly this is frustrating because the 5th beta version is out and has now been posted all over the tech sites(although developers seem a bit pissed off at the new rules, lol). You think this is a good thing when there's absolutely NO WORD whatsoever from the Palm camp?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    GASP! That's a dead Goat!!!!!!

Yep... I think that settled it. I hate the PS3 completely now.
    hahaha that is only one reason not to get a PS3...

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Halo Wars, COD4, GTA4, A tad of Halo 3...

I have A LOT of games though.
    Damn the goat has a lot of gamerpoints!!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    And the cost alone, honestly factors into that as well.

According to a recent Nielsen poll, the majority of PS3 owners are 25-34, PS2, Xbox360, and Xbox owners are 12-17, and Wii and GameCube owners 6-11.

Though, as a 24 year old owner of a Wii and a 360, I'd have to disagree with that. Then again, this is the same company that tells the TV networks that nobody is watching my favorite shows, so I already have a bone to pick with them anyway.
    Good point about price. What kid unless they're rich and/or have free reign to spend money, can throw down $400-$500 plus tax(sometimes) for a toy(it's not a true necessity)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12