1.    #1  
    So, the one guy has been working there for five years. He said there are 5 people that work there and none of them have heard a thing. No training has taken place with any of them. However, he did say that over his past five years of employment, there have been many occasions where a brand new phone was coming out, and they would hear about it and then BAM, it would be in the store TWO days later and they were expected to sell it. So when I said that I would expect it to be at least a few weeks out, he said that was not necessarily true.

Still guessing June 7 though.
    Did you bother asking him if anyone has been chose to be an Advocate?
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Did you bother asking him if anyone has been chose to be an Advocate?
    That probably falls under the "none of them have heard a thing" statement.
    None of them have heard a thing means anything from what it says on its face to "I am under an NDA and will just lie about hearing anything to avoid disclosing something." It is often better to admit you know nothing at all than say I know something but can't tell you. So this could mean something, it might mean absolutely nothing.
    I went into my Sprint store today to pick up a replacement phone and the same guy I spoke to last week said their store was getting training that evening! He mentioned it was more of a web based training. I also said that I would hopefully be back in a month to get a new Pre and he said...I think it might be closer to the end of May...not June! I also had questions about the type of plans that would work and he told me to call him later in the week thinking that the training he would go through would clarify if data packs would work or if it had to be an everything plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectator52 View Post
    I went into my Sprint store today to pick up a replacement phone and the same guy I spoke to last week said their store was getting training that evening! He mentioned it was more of a web based training. I also said that I would hopefully be back in a month to get a new Pre and he said...I think it might be closer to the end of May...not June! I also had questions about the type of plans that would work and he told me to call him later in the week thinking that the training he would go through would clarify if data packs would work or if it had to be an everything plan.
    Sprint already released some info regarding what plans work with the Pre.
    The sprint store in my mall said they already started the training and, as an interesting tidbit, said that June 7th was the most likely date but also said it could be out as soon as the 17th of this month.

Now I'm not sure if I'd believe that, but it does mean they don't have a solid date yet. At least to me. I still think the 7th sounds better
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    The sprint store in my mall said they already started the training and, as an interesting tidbit, said that June 7th was the most likely date but also said it could be out as soon as the 17th of this month.

Now I'm not sure if I'd believe that, but it does mean they don't have a solid date yet. At least to me. I still think the 7th sounds better
    if they cant meet the 17th then why not the 24th or the 31st.
    Quote Originally Posted by LightofHonor View Post
    I highly doubt it would be the 17th of this month as I talked with someone in the Sprint executive office and they actually told me a lot of internal stuff that they shouldn't. I know this because as I was typing down notes they said nervously, "You aren't writing this down are you?!?"

Anyway, new phones show up in their system two weeks in advance. This person checked and told me it's definitely not coming out in the next two weeks. They told me the original date was in May but they had some issues that held it up.

Now of course the information could be wrong but my gut says this person knows what he's talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by miles4000 View Post
    Sprint already released some info regarding what plans work with the Pre.
    since data packs work with all other Palm phones, the employee thinks there could be a chance in my particular situation. I have the everything messaging 1500 min family plan. About 4 months ago there was a huge mishap with my bill and to compensate me for my time sprint gave each of my lines (3) a free unlimited data package. So techninally speaking I have the "Simply Everything" 1500 min family plan but pay the "messaging" plan price.
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Anyway, new phones show up in their system two weeks in advance. This person checked and told me it's definitely not coming out in the next two weeks. They told me the original date was in May but they had some issues that held it up.

Now of course the information could be wrong but my gut says this person knows what he's talking about.
    Yeah I doubted what he said about the 17th, but I just gleaned from that statement that the release date may not be set in stone YET.
    Quote Originally Posted by prereferee View Post
    None of them have heard a thing means anything from what it says on its face to "I am under an NDA and will just lie about hearing anything to avoid disclosing something." It is often better to admit you know nothing at all than say I know something but can't tell you. So this could mean something, it might mean absolutely nothing.
    Nah. The advocates are not under NDAs for disclosing being chosen.

They are not going to issue NDA to their general store employees that would be a legal nightmare.

This is Sprint after all. You may or may not find one technically interested person working in a store but generally speaking Sprint workers know less about phones and their own line p than the average 14 year old girl